Is it legal to eat cats?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I'm sure somebody would bitch, & there are probably a billion slaughtering laws you'd have to follow, but I doubt it's specifically illegal to eat cats.

Viper GTS

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Come to Tennessee, hit a cat (or any other animal for that matter) with your car, and it is completely legal (and encouraged) to eat it. Gotta love TN's roadkill law.

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
Unless you are dying of starvation, I think it's gross.. I'd bet it taste like chicken..

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: IGBT
What??..........never eaten at a Chineese restaurant??

I've never seen cat on the menu at a Chinese restaurant before, the most "extreme" things were frog legs or pork blood.

However if you've ever eaten any All-American food like hamburgers (yum) then you've inadvertantly eaten something that was fed dog/cat/horse. Yum beef.

drunkmunk

Jun 25, 2003
I was just thinking it could help control animal overpopulation and think of the tax revenues from sales of hunting licenses!!!

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: drunkmunk
I was just thinking it could help control animal overpopulation and think revenues from sales of hunting licenses!!!

They already do that, when cats and dogs are put to sleep at animal shelters they are sent to feedlots to be processed for cattle food.

Originally posted by: Papagayo
Unless you are dying of starvation, I think it's gross.. I'd bet it taste like chicken..
I think it's funny that you registered just to post that comment. :) Welcome to AT.

Also, I doubt it's illegal but it's somewhat gross and my emotions would get the better of me.

Derango

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
I was just thinking it could help control animal overpopulation and think of the tax revenues from sales of hunting licenses!!!

Better get that flame proof suit on right now, you're going to need it.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: fyleow
I was just thinking it could help control animal overpopulation and think revenues from sales of hunting licenses!!!

They already do that, when cats and dogs are put to sleep at animal shelters they are sent to feedlots to be processed for cattle food.

Got any proof of that?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: IGBT
What??..........never eaten at a Chineese restaurant??

I've never seen cat on the menu at a Chinese restaurant before, the most "extreme" things were frog legs or pork blood.

Thats because every time you see the word chicken at a chinese restaurant, they actually mean cat.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Amused

Got any proof of that?

Fast Food Nation although you do have to buy the book :)

TheCorm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: Papagayo
I think it's funny that you registered just to post that comment. :) Welcome to AT.

Also, I doubt it's illegal but it's somewhat gross and my emotions would get the better of me.

Yeah, were you searching the web for "eat cats" or something?? ;)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused

Got any proof of that?

Fast Food Nation although you do have to buy the book :)

Gee, that's nifty. An anti-corporite propaganda book from a hard core leftist anti-meat fanatic with a clear agenda. Got any believable proof?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Swanny
Just don't invite your local PETA members to dinner that night;)

why? eating them is more ethical than putting them in a shelter.

I doubt PETA would even care about the occasional person going out and killing a cat in order to eat it. compared to the cattle industry, the chicken industry.

or, the abuse of pets by pet owners.

i'd think that people that hunt and eat cats would be very near the bottom of peta's sh!t list.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: Swanny
Just don't invite your local PETA members to dinner that night;)

why? eating them is more ethical than putting them in a shelter.

I doubt PETA would even care about the occasional person going out and killing a cat in order to eat it. compared to the cattle industry, the chicken industry.

or, the abuse of pets by pet owners.

i'd think that people that hunt and eat cats would be very near the bottom of peta's sh!t list.

Just don't hunt your neighbors cat