Is it just me or are C&C3 movies way too long?

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I am just weird or are the cutscenes in C&C3 just too long. I've only played like 5 missions but half of the time I spend more time watching the cutscenes than playing the missions. It's not like they're good cutscenes either it's just like 5-10 minutes of mostly boring monologue. It's the first game I've ever played where I'm about ready to just skip all the cutscenes. My memories shaky on it, but I'm pretty sure C&C2 didn't have as boring/long of cutscnes.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: AyashiKaibutsu
I am just weird or are the cutscenes in C&C3 just too long. I've only played like 5 missions but half of the time I spend more time watching the cutscenes than playing the missions. It's not like they're good cutscenes either it's just like 5-10 minutes of mostly boring monologue. It's the first game I've ever played where I'm about ready to just skip all the cutscenes. My memories shaky on it, but I'm pretty sure C&C2 didn't have as boring/long of cutscnes.

It reminded me a lot of C&C and RA. I liked 'em. It's like watching a B movie.

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
Your not suggesting the Ion Cannon are you?

No general I'm not suggesting anything. I'm ordering you.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
It reminded me a lot of C&C and RA. I liked 'em. It's like watching a B movie.

Yeah, I didn't find them that long, at least not any longer than those of previous C&C games. They helped keep the campaigns interesting for me.

I still think the cutscenes in the first C&C were the best though. Kane in particular was much cooler than in TS or C&C3.

mellondust

Nov 20, 2001
They have always been long, even in if you look back to the originals. I guess it is suppost to help you get into the story behind it all. I found myself skipping them in the beginning of the game and towards the end I guess I got more interested in the story becuase I was watching them to see what was going to happen. I thought the talking scenes in warcraft 3 were a little long also.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Don't tell anyone... but I think most game movies are too long. Shut up and let me play! Honestly, the majority of cinematics are poorly made and don't say much more than "log entries" or in-game "voice overs".

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: EvilComputer92
The action movies in the previous games were cool though. There were only like two in CNC3.

Yeah man! I miss those action sequences!

It's pretty lame how all the scenes take place within their base of operations instead of something else.

I remember the scene in TS where Umagon tries to seduce Jake McNeil or something like that. And there was this other scene where Michael McNeil raids Hassan's pyramid or something and then some guy kills himself by pouring something into his eye or something and then white bubbles came out of his mouth. Damn, those movies were the shit. Kane getting stabbed with a pole was awesome as well!

I also liked how Kane kills that fat guy (NOD) later in the NOD campaign. :)

Good times...I miss them...