Is it just me or are Americans wonderful people?

GmanBat

Jun 30, 2001
I am so deeply proud and surprised at the heart and fiber shown by my fellow Americans. My country is honoring our heritage by our pulling together and rolling up our sleeves for each other. Now we are feeding a country that we are at war with. The terrorists are making fools of themselves trying to explain away our compassion. They are fighting a losing battle trying to portray us as evil Christians and Jews attempting to do away with Moslems. They rely on the ignorance of people to spread their insane viewpoints.

We have made mistakes. We have not allieviated the suffering of the rest of the world enough, I'm sure. But we have done a great deal, more than any other country, I believe. We are seldom given credit for our help, rather hatred is retuned to us. It's been like this since I was a boy, I'm 52. Yet we keep on giving and helping because it defines who we are.

We are hated because we have so much. But I rhink we have so much because we give so much. It's the law of reciprocity. We need not be ashamed for our blessings.

I am proud and happy to share this nation with you, my fellow Americans.

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Looking at American from within, I'd say your opinion is a bit distorted and biased. >>

Agreed

We have taken quite a bit from MANY countries...especially the middle east.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
We have taken quite a bit from MANY countries...especially the middle east.

that is true, but i think he's right when he says that we give more than others do. whether or not the net result is to the other country's advantage is another question ;)