Is it illegal to... (about King of Queens and Everybody loves Raymond)

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I live in Switzerland and can't get the Everybody loves Raymond and King of Queens shows, so if I download them, would that be illegal? If not, does somebody have some of those shows? :D If it's illegal, Mods: Lock.

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I remember somewhere if the commercials are still with it its fine, but maybe I just thought of that....

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I don't think it's any different than having a friend in the states videotape them and send them off to you. I know a guy who did that for a friend of his who was living somewhere where there was no TV reception. He taped all the Seinfeld episodes they showed here, and when he got a few tapes worth, he sent them out to him.

There's been threads about this in the past, but no one really has said if it's illegal or not officially yet.

Edit: And Everybody Loves Raymond? I mean, come on :p

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: ndee
I live in Switzerland and can't get the Everybody loves Raymond and King of Queens shows, so if I download them, would that be illegal? If not, does somebody have some of those shows? :D If it's illegal, Mods: Lock.

The real question here isn't legality, but taste. Why??????????????

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: MrBond
I don't think it's any different than having a friend in the states videotape them and send them off to you. I know a guy who did that for a friend of his who was living somewhere where there was no TV reception. He taped all the Seinfeld episodes they showed here, and when he got a few tapes worth, he sent them out to him.

There's been threads about this in the past, but no one really has said if it's illegal or not officially yet.

Edit: And Everybody Loves Raymond? I mean, come on :p

I LOVE that Raymond show :D best 2 series IMO :D

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
King of Queens is HILARIOUS. Seriously underrated show, where both husband and wife are VERY, VERY funny.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
For my answer, i'll refer to information that was always given for "Fansub" anime.

If the show isn't showing in the country of distribution, then there isn't a legal claim to copywright. Once the show is being distributed in the country in question, copy distribution should cease.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Dunno if it's legal... but I dont see why not, I have every episode of Stargate, Andromeda, and many other shows on my PC.