Question Is it fine!?

Ahmed Farouk667

Junior Member
Sep 1, 2023
I was reassembling my labtop and i accidently touched my motherboard with a screw driver while it was plugged to power
I heard a small spark then looked i can't tell exacly where it happened
Please advice


Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I can't tell if it is fine, at this point you may just have to reassemble and try powering on to see if it works. It could have fried something, or it may be partially damaged.

I would reassemble, and see if the laptop works as expected. If not, go from there, you could take it to a shop that may be able to repair/replace whatever was fried. Also, in the future, don't do repair work on a laptop that is powered on, and remove the battery as well.