Is it bad form to go to a wake in scrubs?

purepolly

Sep 27, 2002
:brokenheart:

The wake is tomorrow right after the end of my shift. Somehow I think if go home first to change into "people" clothes I'll woos out somehow from the going to the wake. It's almost as if I don't want my professional life to impact on my personal life somehow.

So what do you think, scrubs okay or not?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I'd say it is okay. It would mean a lot to the family if a person thought enough of the deceased to come in work clothes rather than not show up at all.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
I'd say it is okay. It would mean a lot to the family if a person thought enough of the deceased to come in work clothes rather than not show up at all.

The choices are scrubs or not. It isn't whether to go or not.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I'd say if you have a chance, as JohnAn suggested, bring a change of clothes to work with you. I doubt anyone would complain about you showing up in scrubs, but I personally would wear something a bit more "traditional." That's just me, though.

Midlander

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2002
I think scrubs would say, "Hey, look at me," instead of what you really are there for. I highly recommend you change into nicer clothes. :beer:

purepolly

Sep 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Midlander
I think scrubs would say, "Hey, look at me," instead of what you really are there for. I highly recommend you change into nicer clothes. :beer:

I am going to bring nicer clothes to work. I just found out about the death and was a little overwhelmed and couldn't think straight for a moment.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I've been at a lot more funerals than most people my age... and I've seen people show up in work clothes before. I can think of a couple of people that did show up in scrubs, and AFAIK, the only comment that was made was "thank you for stopping by on your way [to/from] work." <shrug>

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Yeah, I think it wouldn't be acceptible to go in scrubs. It's like you're saying that the occasion wasn't important enough to bother getting properly dressed.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Sorry to hear :( You appear to have made your decision.
rose.gif