Is intolerance of intolerance intolerance?

Ultralight

Jul 11, 2004
Intolerance is a catch phrase for the PC (and, no, not personal computers) crowd when one disagrees with their position. Let the flaming begin...

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Somewhat. Some people are intolerant of ignorance (it irks me a lot too), but they do it to the point where they disassociate from the people which only adds to the problem. I am talking about nonviolent ignorance.

Some people need to learn to tolerate each others minor issues (even if they are ignorant) because that is the only way to really be close enough to the person to sway that ignorance when given the chance. Segregating the ignorant only bolsters those ignorant/intolerant ideas.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Irregarldess of indifferences of individual's intentions, the indefinite intolerance of incomplete innundations will invalidate or incapacitate individual incompetences.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: AnyMal
Irregarldess of indifferences of individual's intentions, the indefinite intolerance of incomplete innundations will invalidate or incapacitate individual incompetences.

I can't tolerate people who use the word "irregardless". :|

iroast

Golden Member
May 5, 2005

inundation?

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
Originally posted by: sixone

QFT

It would mean NOT regardless if it was a word, but it isn't because double negatives = bad.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

Ughh.. Does that stick in your ass bother you at all?

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Pacemaker

QFT

It would mean NOT regardless if it was a word, but it isn't because double negetives = bad.
What you think is irregardless.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001

QFT

It would mean NOT regardless if it was a word, but it isn't because double negetives = bad.

If you wish to look stupid be my guest.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Of course not. If we TOLERATED intolerance, nothing good would come of it. Did Martin Luther King Jr tolerate it? Did the blacks tolerate it? Did the women of the 1900's tolerate it?
Some did, but over time, less and less people tolerated the INTOLERANCE directed toward them, and now it's happening again with homosexuals. I do not tolerate intolerance, because it is something that does not deserve tolerance.

Intolerance of intolerance is a good thing. It's anti-hate.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

I ain't allowin' alliteration at all

Arrrrrr!

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

QFT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

You may want to join sixone in "let's pull sticks out of our asses" activity. However I look to you, is irregardless. People with no sense of humor will always look stupid no matter what.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that!

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001

QFT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

You may want to join sixone in "let's pull sticks out of our asses" activity. However I look to you, is irregardless. People with no sense of humor will always look stupid no matter what.

All I'm saying is if you use that in the company of people who speak well they will think less of you. Mostly, people use it because they think it makes them sound smart, but it doesn't.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Only if it involves sweeping generalizations or the revocation of inherent rights.