Is Hooters like strip club tips or just restaurant ?

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Like I know you're not supposed tuck a buck in their shorts whenever they bring you a refill, but is the final tip expected to be more than the normal 20% restaurant tip ?

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
It's a restaurant. Tip bigger if you really enjoyed seeing your hostess in those shorts with pantyhose under them.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Each receipt at Hooters has a table printed on it with suggested tip percentages by breast size. Just make sure you can accurately identify breast sizes and tip your waitress per the recommended percentage.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Originally posted by: deftron
are you kidding me?

is that a "are you kidding me, yes" or a "are you kidding me, no" ?

it's an "seriously, how old are you?"

Well I''ve never been to Hooters, but I've been to strip clubs and I've been to restaurants and Hooters seems to be a melding of the two, from what I understand

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Why would it be different from any other restaurant? Only difference is the boobs are bigger and the clothes are tighter there.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
hooters is just a restaurant where the hostesses wear tight orange shorts, white ankle socks, and tight tank tops

saying that, the guy I normally go to lunch at hooters with ~2x a month gives about a 100% tip and give about a 50% tip, we figure it's only fair for the amount of gawking we do

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Tip like any other restaurant. I don't recall having gratuity added to my bill.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
are you kidding me?

Well I''ve never been to Hooters, but I've been to strip clubs and I've been to restaurants and Hooters seems to be a melding of the two, from what I understand

I've only been there a couple of times and have yet to see any bear breasts so that statement is false. Plus, the waitresses don't do pole dances either. You tip like a restaurant since it is a restaurant.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Ronstang
are you kidding me?

I've only been there a couple of times and have yet to see any bear breasts so that statement is false. Plus, the waitresses don't do pole dances either. You tip like a restaurant since it is a restaurant.

Not talking about the dancers on stage, but the girls at strip clubs that bring you beer / food and usually have bikinis on. I think it's expected to tip them a bit more than restaurant tips.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
are you kidding me?

Not talking about the dancers on stage, but the girls at strip clubs that bring you beer / food and usually have bikinis on. I think it's expected to tip them a bit more than restaurant tips.

And here comes the great argument of "expected vs. earned."

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: mugs

None of the ones I went to ever added gratuity to my bill. And for everyone saying they're like a normal restaurant aside from the attire. One I went to a bunch the ladies there would randomly Hula Hoop for about 2 minutes straight. And another location they would do jumping jacks. and dance around. If you're into seeing females do those sort of things, you definitely won't see that at Dennys.

I don't like Blonds or white wemens for the most part, but I tip a bit better there because they make an extra effort to pretend to like you. Writing their name on a napkin and kissing it, or drawing a heart around it probably does a lot for some lonely men lol.

I go for the basket of curly fries, it's huge and they always hit the spot. They also have very tasty 'Slaw and a decent beer selection.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: QueBert
Originally posted by: mugs

None of the ones I went to ever added gratuity to my bill. And for everyone saying they're like a normal restaurant aside from the attire. One I went to a bunch the ladies there would randomly Hula Hoop for about 2 minutes straight. And another location they would do jumping jacks. and dance around. If you're into seeing females do those sort of things, you definitely won't see that at Dennys.

I don't like Blonds or white wemens for the most part, but I tip a bit better there because they make an extra effort to pretend to like you. Writing their name on a napkin and kissing it, or drawing a heart around it probably does a lot for some lonely men lol.

I go for the basket of curly fries, it's huge and they always hit the spot. They also have very tasty 'Slaw and a decent beer selection.

At the ones I've been to they never did anything out of the ordinary, and the waitresses didn't even look that great. :( Though the first time I went my asshole friends told them it was my birthday, so they made me stand up on a stool while they sung to me.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Then I think you're in for a big disappointment.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: QueBert

err, every restaurant I've been to the waitress will do that. Hooters was no different other than the skimpy outfit (and I'm sorry, their wings are mediocre at best).

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
are you kidding me?

No. No, different than any waitress bringing you a beer in a bar/restaurant.

S

SlitheryDee

Dunno, but for some reason I always left a bigger tip than usual. Whatever it is, it works.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
the dress like that for bigger tips... leave 20% if nothing else.

I really need to go again... only been once, freshman at college. Didn't they have some good grilled cheese... or maybe I was too distracted to remember. The waitress sat down with us, giving us a nice view.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
It's not a restaurant and strip club melded together at all. There's no age restriction at all, as it's just a standard restaurant with tight clothes on the waitresses.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Hooter's is somewhat attractive women in tight small shorts. Other than that, its just like a normal American food restaurant. Normal atmosphere. TVs with sports on. Burgers, sandwiches, wings, etc. They even have a kids menu.