Is Hillary Clinton gonna get a bail out too?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Sounds like vendors are going to get stuck for bills her campaign didnt pay.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
so don't donate. it's quite simple.

And then the skies opened, and Loki8481 spoke the truest truthiness ever to truth. And then the bread was broken and the wine was served, and all rejoiced. Amen.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Didn't the Clintons make $109 million over the last several years and around $20 million last year alone?

Text
Text

Hillary wants Joe Public to pay her bills, but won't use her own money to.

Obama...change...uh huh....

He's not even in office yet, and he's disappointing me.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hillary is not even qualified to be Secretary of State. She has never worked in the State Department.

As for her bills, let Bill Clinton pay her debts. He makes money all the time giving speeches. Let her go to debtors prison. Take her house as colateral and kick her to the curb. If her friends want to pay her bills that is fine by me. If you want to pay her bills that is fine by me.

If you look at her contest with O'Bama and then O'bamma's contest with McCain you can only come to the conclusion that O'Bama bought the Presidency. He may be the president elect, but his nominations still have to pass muster and be voted on. Congress might not want her to be the Secretary of State.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it's not really her personal debt, is it?... I'd assume the campaign is like incorporated or something, so the people left holding the bag will be the people left holding the bag whenever any other business goes under and their supplies go unpaid.

and would campaign donation laws limit a single party from paying off the debt?

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: tk149
Didn't the Clintons make $109 million over the last several years and around $20 million last year alone?

Text
Text

You know it's common courtesy for the winner to ask people to contribute to the loser's campaign debts?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: piasabird
Hillary is not even qualified to be Secretary of State. She has never worked in the State Department.

As for her bills, let Bill Clinton pay her debts. He makes money all the time giving speeches. Let her go to debtors prison. Take her house as colateral and kick her to the curb. If her friends want to pay her bills that is fine by me. If you want to pay her bills that is fine by me.

If you look at her contest with O'Bama and then O'bamma's contest with McCain you can only come to the conclusion that O'Bama bought the Presidency. He may be the president elect, but his nominations still have to pass muster and be voted on. Congress might not want her to be the Secretary of State.

Bought the Presidency? With money put out by people like me, who gave it willingly. We had the opportunity to toss the lying, cheating, thieving, conniving, double talking incompetent sons of bitches out on their keesters, and we paid for the privilege. So far, it's been worth every penny.

If there's one thing we learned from republicans, it's that money talks and bullshit walks, so, uhh, take a hike, OK?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
and would campaign donation laws limit a single party from paying off the debt?

If that "party" is the entity that is Obama's presidential campaign, with its plus $30 million surplus, the answer is "Yes."

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: BeauJangles
Originally posted by: tk149

Text
Text

You know it's common courtesy for the winner to ask people to contribute to the loser's campaign debts?

Yes, so I guess it all depends on what the definition of "change" is. Don't you think Obama should have strongly suggested to Hilary that she pay off her own debts? Don't you think that Obama, who's campaigned on a platform of "change" and is a really smart guy, would realize that anyone paying off Hilary's debt is going to have some pull with her? Apparently, money in exchange for favors is not part of his platform for change.

Looks like Obama's comfortably settling into politics as usual.

I just want a clean honest answer:

Why doesn't Hilary use her own money to pay off her campaign debt, that she chose to incur?

Based on her and Bill's earnings, they could easily afford to do so, and still be multi-millionaires. The fact that she is not, demonstrates clearly that her mentality is one of "me first, screw everybody else second." I really don't understand why people don't see this.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why doesn't Hilary use her own money to pay off her campaign debt, that she chose to incur?

can she legally do that?

I'm pretty sure she can. It seems reasonable that many of the contributors to her senatorial campaign will also allow their funds to be transferred.

My question is where are all those rabid Hillary supporters/ Obama haters now that she needs 'em? I mean, really- where are they? Their absence from this forum and pretty much everywhere seems... odd.

Or maybe all that was just the faithful answering Rush's call to keep Obama off the ticket?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Why can't the $@%& pay her own debts with her own large bank accounts?! :confused:

bah... selecting her for SoS is the first strike I have against Obama. As Obama himself stated during the campaign, she is completely unqualified to deal with foreign affairs. Paying off her debt as well? that's just icing on the cake. :|

PS: for those who don't know, I voted for Obama... but, unlike many here, I'm going to call him on his mistakes without hesitation. This is one of those times...

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Jhhnn

can she legally do that?

I'm pretty sure she can. It seems reasonable that many of the contributors to her senatorial campaign will also allow their funds to be transferred.

My question is where are all those rabid Hillary supporters/ Obama haters now that she needs 'em? I mean, really- where are they? Their absence from this forum and pretty much everywhere seems... odd.

Or maybe all that was just the faithful answering Rush's call to keep Obama off the ticket?

We're sitting here laughing at all the "change". I find it especially amusing that it looks like a Kennedy is going to be the new Senator from New York.

Real change, huh!! :laugh:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: nobodyknows
We're sitting here laughing at all the "change".

I find it especially amusing that it looks like a Kennedy is going to be the new Senator from New York.

Who is "we're"?

Is it enough for all of you under the banner of "we're" to leave yet?

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: nobodyknows
We're sitting here laughing at all the "change".

I find it especially amusing that it looks like a Kennedy is going to be the new Senator from New York.

Who is "we're"?

Is it enough for all of you under the banner of "we're" to leave yet?

Low reading comprehension?

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Originally posted by: piasabird

Bought the Presidency? With money put out by people like me, who gave it willingly. We had the opportunity to toss the lying, cheating, thieving, conniving, double talking incompetent sons of bitches out on their keesters, and we paid for the privilege. So far, it's been worth every penny.

If there's one thing we learned from republicans, it's that money talks and bullshit walks, so, uhh, take a hike, OK?

Actually we learned that apparently you only have to appear to have money... and then not pay your debts. :p

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Actually we learned that apparently you only have to appear to have money... and then not pay your debts.

It's not uncommon for unsuccessful political campaigns to end up in the hole, with debt being paid off over time. It's not uncommon for creditors to settle for less, either, particularly firms like Mark Penn.

I'm sure it'll all be taken care of, one way or another.

The Obama campaign has money left over, however, and will likely amass a huge warchest by 2012.

So, uhh, come on, ya rightwing skinflints- figure out who's going under the bus in 4 years. The Sarah!? Bring it on!