Is google still the best?

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I have noticed, and I'm sure many of you have as well, that google lately has become less and less effective. Less relevant links seem to be coming back whenever I search.

Is there a better search engine out there? Yahoo I hear is buying up a lot of other search engine sites(or at least their algorythms, or whatver), so is it back? I just want whatever will find me the most relevant results. google was awesome, but I think it's gone downhill.

thoughts?

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
I think its pretty much the best, I havn't used any other search engine in a while.

If anyone cares to think otherwise... hook us up!

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
http://www.pandia.com/searchworld/

Yahoo I know or thought had dumped Google a long time ago and had been using Inktomi for a long time - that link says otherwise which I thought was weird. I know about a year-2 ago, Yahoo prominently displayed the Google logo in it's search but it stopped.

I don't use anything other than Google.

Derango

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Its not as good as it used to be, but its still the best one out there.
Hopefully they can find a way to stop people from exploting how their search technology works. Too bad people figured out how to exploit it.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
I know what you mean - I sometimes get all "spam" results when I search for something. Spammers need to die, and then be sh!t on.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: BillGates
I know what you mean - I sometimes get all "spam" results when I search for something. Spammers need to die, and then be sh!t on.

Exactly. I can search for almost anything, and half the results are sites like "used-car-parts.com", or "used-car-transmissions.com", or "used-parts-transmissions.com", that all link back to the same stupid ass site. :disgust:

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
It's definitley going down hill. I'm giving Yahoo's new engine a trial period.