is getting a full time job this hard?

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
I just spent the entire summer doing an internship, I was never late once, met all expectations, did all the required crap such as presentation to senior management, etc. to pass this "10 week interview"

Today, I got an unexpected call from the company thinking they will give me the decision and possibly offer a full time position and it ended up being almost a full blown out interview!! (another one!!)
I was driving, my mind was scattered, no preparation and I just blurted out whatever came to mind. I seriously think I fvcked it up... I'm really doubting myself right now

And at the beginning of this whole thing, one of the analysts told me "as long as you don't screw it up really really badly, you'll be fine". I didn't screw it badly, I gave satisfactory work and everyone on my team seemed happy at the end. Man, I went through all these hurdles from last spring recruiting season to the end of this summer and I didn't think getting a full time offer would be this comprehensive.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
the only solution now is to /yourself

or wait until you get another phone call =)

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
They are deciding who to eliminate from their list of qualified people, hence the "unless you screw up really bad" comment. If you had sucked during internship, they wouldn't have even called you b/c you wouldn't be on the list.

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
Originally posted by: db
They are deciding who to eliminate from their list of qualified people, hence the "unless you screw up really bad" comment. If you had not sucked during your internship, they wouldn't have even called you b/c you wouldn't be on the list.

/fixed