Is F@H down....

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
My F@H setup has been idle since at least yesterday morning. I've rebooted and fiddled with FAHClient to no avail. Is it working for others?

John

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
They are running out of WU.
They just moved core 22 out of beta and there are 1.6 mill available GPU WUs at the moment. How long this will last, I don’t know, but the assign rate has increased like 20% since yesterday.

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
They just moved core 22 out of beta and there are 1.6 mill available GPU WUs at the moment. How long this will last, I don’t know, but the assign rate has increased like 20% since yesterday.

Thanks EG! I downloaded BOINC and will give that a shot again. I was surprised to learn that SETI is not longer running.

John

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks EG! I downloaded BOINC and will give that a shot again. I was surprised to learn that SETI is not longer running.

John
Yep, a few projects have shutdown recently, but none as prominent as seti.

If you’re looking for medical / covid projects:

Rosetta at home ran out of work units last week, but just published a batch of 5 mill WUs which should keep it populated for a while. Some of these new WUs are really Ram Heavy though (1.9+ gb per WU) which has been giving my raspberry pis fits here and there.

WCG open pandemics looks like it has plenty of work and the ram requirements are quite low, so it gives a nice alternative to Rosetta.

There are a few other boinc projects out there also working on covid, but I haven’t installed them so can’t speak directly to them.

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
Yep, a few projects have shutdown recently, but none as prominent as seti.

If you’re looking for medical / covid projects:

Rosetta at home ran out of work units last week, but just published a batch of 5 mill WUs which should keep it populated for a while. Some of these new WUs are really Ram Heavy though (1.9+ gb per WU) which has been giving my raspberry pis fits here and there.

WCG open pandemics looks like it has plenty of work and the ram requirements are quite low, so it gives a nice alternative to Rosetta.

There are a few other boinc projects out there also working on covid, but I haven’t installed them so can’t speak directly to them.

Before you replied I download BOINC and gave Rosetta a try only to find I couldn't get any WU's. Then I saw that it doesn't work with Nvidia GPUs. So, I removed it. I guess with all the CPU's/GPU's around today, folks are making short work of whatever WU's are available.

Enough of this for now.

John

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Before you replied I download BOINC and gave Rosetta a try only to find I couldn't get any WU's. Then I saw that it doesn't work with Nvidia GPUs. So, I removed it. I guess with all the CPU's/GPU's around today, folks are making short work of whatever WU's are available.

Enough of this for now.

John
Rosetta and WCG are CPU only projects.

The only medical boinc project that I’m aware of is GPU grid.