Is emusic legitimate?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blackrain, Dec 16, 2006.

1. blackrain

blackrain Golden Member

I have searched a few songs online and keep getting the emusic site. iTunes doesn't have any of the songs I am looking for. I was thinking about signing up for the emusic free trial for 50 song downloads. That would be perfect to get the few songs that I need for myself and family.

Is it legitimate? Are all of the songs that I am googling really available? Are the 50 free trial songs limited to certain available songs or their entire database?

2. phisrow

phisrow Golden Member

Emusic is a legitimate operation. No fuss, no muss, no client, no DRM, no spyware. I believe that the free introductory downloads are drawn from any part of their collection.

As for what is in their database, you can't really lose by using the free trial to find out.

3. uhohs

uhohs Diamond Member

i remember buying tracks from emusic back in 99/00 thanks to the hot deal forum here. :)

4. Ricemarine

Ricemarine Lifer

Were they Japanese??? :laugh:

5. Lonyo

Lonyo Lifer

Damn, Emusic looks sweet.

6. blackrain

blackrain Golden Member

Okay I guess i'll give it a try. It just seemed like a scam so I thought I would check here first before signing up with a credit card.

7. bobdelt

bobdelt Senior member

well they just dont have most popular music, but there is still plenty of good stuff

8. FeuerFrei

FeuerFrei Diamond Member

I can't seem to load emusic.com's website. I just get a blank gray page with a title and favicon. Must be a HOSTS file entry making it choke.

Emusic is like the #2 retailer behind iTunes I believe. Totally legit.

9. Seekermeister

Seekermeister Golden Member

I saw a local news story a couple of weeks ago, which was predicting that music CDs would become a thing of the past, with emusic taking over. I can't recall the name, but a very old national chain of music stores recently closed down, because of this.