Is Dead Island (GOTY) a good game?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by ManBearPig, Nov 23, 2012.

1. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Diamond Member

For PS3, if it matters. Is it scary or kinda humorous? I can't tell. Thanks.

2. DominionSeraph

DominionSeraph Diamond Member

It's mostly just annoying. Very few enemy types, enemies infinitely respawn and they level with you, weapon durability is low and ammo carry capacity is laughable. Act II is decently suspenseful because you're in narrow streets engaging groupings, and there's one area that's terrifying, but overall the game's pretty mediocre.

3. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

The fvck. Enemies leveling with the character must be the lamest piece of sh*t excuse for game design since rubber banding race cars. I am pretty sure skyrim did it also and it is supremely terrible.

Edit: ok monster scaling makes some sense for a dungeon you have never visited :)

4. RedRooster

RedRooster Diamond Member

I really enjoyed the game, I like digging loot and the island was pretty cool.
    Was really pumped when I finished it, was a great ride, but don't think I'd go back to it now. Definitely worth the $15-20 or whatever it is now for the GOTY.

5. coldmeat

coldmeat Diamond Member

I borrowed it from my brother, played about an hour and haven't gone back. Things that might be just a minor annoyance to others can be a deal breaker for me, and this game was full of them. Wish I could elaborate, but I don't really remember what they were.

6. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Lifer

Was gonna say, it works in an RPG because if you get to a certain level and encounter weak enemies all the time you can't get good XP and can't level. In the case of Skyrim you aren't constantly fighting something anyhow so when you do encounter something I'd want a bit of challenge.