Is CoD4 for the 360 working on Live for anyone today?

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
It's been like this since the weekend before christmas. It doesn't work much at all during the days. It usually late at night/early morning that it works good enough to play.
I'm assuming it's because of how many people are online, but either way it's bullshit and a free arcade game isn't good enough.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: chrisg22
It's been like this since the weekend before christmas. It doesn't work much at all during the days. It usually late at night/early morning that it works good enough to play.
I'm assuming it's because of how many people are online, but either way it's bullshit and a free arcade game isn't good enough.

But arent you SO EXCITED for the community that theres so many people online? We're so lucky to be a part of this, $50 a year is a bargain!

Those poor envious souls on the free Sony network are actually playing COD4 right now instead of joining our exlcusive, members only, "I wish I could fvcking play COD4" party Ha! You get what you pay for. Go play your stupid games, you sony losers. We're way too cool for that.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not happy about it at all. My roommate, who I usually beat in every game we play, currently outranks me because of these outages. He is able to play at odd times and always connects. Not happy at all.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: BD2003

But arent you SO EXCITED for the community that theres so many people online? We're so lucky to be a part of this, $50 a year is a bargain!

Those poor envious souls on the free Sony network are actually playing COD4 right now instead of joining our exlcusive, members only, "I wish I could fvcking play COD4" party Ha! You get what you pay for. Go play your stupid games, you sony losers. We're way too cool for that.

Yep all the PS3 owners are laughing in our faces now. One of the biggest advantages the xbox had over the PS3 was XBL. Since XBL has fallen apart and become completely unreliable, I'm seriously thinking about going ahead and picking up a PS3 sooner than I had originally planned. I'll just get COD4 for the PS3 also so I can at least play between 12:00 pm EST and 11:00pm while XBL is taking a shit.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
no it doesn't work for me either. xbox live is garbage. i can only get on the game really late at night.

there were a ton of more people playing halo 3 when it first came out than are trying to play cod4 right now. and it's not like cod4 really has to do any "matchmaking" so i don't know how it is possible that the servers have been so fucked for so long.

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001

not sure if you are pro sony or pro ms. Anyhoo, yeah, it sucks right now, but the rest of the year I've found the online portion of the 360 to be better than what I get with the PS3. Also, I was able to get a 13 month card for $33 from buy.com

Wuzup101

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2002
I'm thinking of picking up a PS3... not because of the outages in live... just because of the new GT (and of course the death of HD-DVD).

AliasX

Jan 29, 2006
I'm an Xbox guy through and through. Halo 3 was working on live earlier, albeit a bit flaky.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: austin316

not sure if you are pro sony or pro ms. Anyhoo, yeah, it sucks right now, but the rest of the year I've found the online portion of the 360 to be better than what I get with the PS3. Also, I was able to get a 13 month card for $33 from buy.com

I'm pro COD4, and pro playing online. I'm very anti paying for something that doesnt work, especially in light of the non paid services working beautifully. I dont know how different the PS network is, but before anything, all I want is to be able to just PLAY, and I cant do that right now.

Its so ridiculous, that every time I finish a race in forza, the game tries in vain for several minutes to post my lap time to the online leaderboards. It can't be more than a few bytes of data. Thats how bad XBL is right now.

This is a fvcking joke, and has gone on for far too long. The only reason theyre able to get away with this shit is because you dont have a choice of online services for your 360.

When it comes down to it, what is so different and better about XBL than PSN? Both offer online matchmaking, buddy lists, marketplaces etc...why are people so down on it compared to XBL anyway? If its all the same sh*t, wtf are we paying MS for?

Oct 19, 2000
When it comes down to it, what is so different and better about XBL than PSN? Both offer online matchmaking, buddy lists, marketplaces etc...why are people so down on it compared to XBL anyway? If its all the same sh*t, wtf are we paying MS for?

Nothing is global and integrated with the PSN. You still have to sign up for a new username in every game you play, you still have to build a friends list with each game you play. You can't send cross-game invites, can't send or read messages in-game, no universal voice chat (most games support voice chat, but every console doesn't come with a headset, which grealy minimalizes it).....for me, when I play a PS3 game, I feel disconnected from the rest of the system. I think this is why Warhawk hasn't really appealed to me, because I feel lonely :(. (<--- that's a serious statement).

I'm not terribly upset about the Live problems quite yet. The service has worked great for 5 years up until this point, I'm not going to jump off the wagon after a couple of roadblocks. Of course, though, I'm not an online-aholic like some of you who are on playing every single time I turn the console on.