Is (car) keying a thing outside the US?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Whats wrong with teaching a dumb bitch a lesson? I'd say america needs more of that.
Taking out frustrations on inanimate objects that other people have paid and worked for is the lowest form of cowardice and mental depravity known to man. You sir are scum and deserve neither consideration or sympathy.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Taking things overboard is the key to good lesson teaching. If I would of egged her car she would of egged mine back or keyed it or something slightly worse. Me going straight to leaving her stranded at work and making her spend hundreds of dollars put an end to it right then and there.

That works out great until she goes way overboard and causes you some physical pain like with a gun.

Nov 8, 2012
Taking out frustrations on inanimate objects that other people have paid and worked for is the lowest form of cowardice and mental depravity known to man. You sir are scum and deserve neither consideration or sympathy.

So he should have punched her in the face when she egg'd his vehicle?

It's not like that would have accomplished anything? Nor would wagging his finger at her or shaking his fist and saying "To the moon Alice!" Nor would calling her a doo-doo head..

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
So he should have punched her in the face when she egg'd his vehicle?

It's not like that would have accomplished anything? Nor would wagging his finger at her or shaking his fist and saying "To the moon Alice!" Nor would calling her a doo-doo head..
Is it really that difficult to be smarter than someone who resorts to egging your car? I had greater respect for you than that. Perhaps living in a high density hell hole has affected your life more than you realized. I recommend moving.

Reactions: pcgeek11
Nov 8, 2012
Is it really that difficult to be smarter than someone who resorts to egging your car? I had greater respect for you than that. Perhaps living in a high density hell hole has affected your life more than you realized. I recommend moving.

I'm ultimately just asking what you would recommend?

We can all agree, if you're being a dick and egging someone's car (which can EASILY result in permanent paint damage) is is a COMPLETE DICK move, right? Dick moves should result in punishments. What the appropriate punishment is is open for debate.

Regardless, I don't believe in bullshit karma narratives. People deserve equal treatment for equal actions on their part.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I'm ultimately just asking what you would recommend?

We can all agree, if you're being a dick and egging someone's car (which can EASILY result in permanent paint damage) is is a COMPLETE DICK move, right? Dick moves should result in punishments. What the appropriate punishment is is open for debate.

Regardless, I don't believe in bullshit karma narratives. People deserve equal treatment for equal actions on their part.
What are their weaknesses? Do they have a secure job? Do they have children? Do they care what family or friends think of them? Do they drink to excess and or do drugs? There are many ways to legally fuck with people. Most of the time you don't have to do anything, you just have to make them believe you will. Remember, they're not terribly bright.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
You've obviously never been exposed to "dumb bitches".

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Taking things overboard is the key to good lesson teaching. If I would of egged her car she would of egged mine back or keyed it or something slightly worse. Me going straight to leaving her stranded at work and making her spend hundreds of dollars put an end to it right then and there.

It happened to, that time. But she might have followed the same logic, and the whole thing might have escalated step-by-step till you were planting bombs under each other's vehicles.

This is how this sort of thing starts!

http://blogs.reuters.com/events/2013/12/10/albanian-blood-feuds-force-families-into-isolation/

I suppose the underlying problem is what to do when the official legal system is either completely broken, or just can't be bothered addressing offenses it considers too minor. The logic of such escalation forms the plot-line of many emotionally-satisfying but-morally-questionable movies.