is business school really this brutal?

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
I was in the library today and business majors just kept sitting next my table. I over heard all of them say pretty much the same thing.....that they cannot help other people because they need to keep the A's to themsleves. In other words, they were all pretty concerend about getting the highest grade in the class. In one instance, this group of 2 people kept blabbing about how they purposely gave people the wrong answers so they can get a higher grade on the HW. WTF? I understand they want an A, but do they really have to go as far as to shun other people away? Is this how they teach people to be in business school?

BTW: by the sounds of it, these sounded like accounting and finance majors. they kept talking about debits and amortization.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: RKS
sure it wasn't a group of law students?

could have been....but I don't think law students talk about debits and credits.....

I just can't belive they were like. I mean, first off, this is Northeastern. It's not even a top 100 school.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Gibson486
Originally posted by: RKS
sure it wasn't a group of law students?

could have been....but I don't think law students talk about debits and credits.....

I just can't belive they were like. I mean, first off, this is Northeastern. It's not even a top 100 school.

That's probably why it's cutthroat. They need really good grades from there to get a good job. At the top schools, the students'll all get hired for good jobs anyway.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
I was in the library today and business majors just kept sitting next my table. I over heard all of them say pretty much the same thing.....that they cannot help other people because they need to keep the A's to themsleves. In other words, they were all pretty concerend about getting the highest grade in the class. In one instance, this group of 2 people kept blabbing about how they purposely gave people the wrong answers so they can get a higher grade on the HW. WTF? I understand they want an A, but do they really have to go as far as to shun other people away? Is this how they teach people to be in business school?

BTW: by the sounds of it, these sounded like accounting and finance majors. they kept talking about debits and amortization.

What comes around goes around. They'll get theirs

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

Business is all about networking and connecting with people that can help each other out, not what grade you got in college. These guys will make horrible businessmen.