Is Boris Johnson cheaper than the orange menace?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Boris Johnson has told friends he is broke and has to accept free holidays and meals from donors. But the truth is likely very different

It does seem that he does have the habit of not paying people back, just not on the scale of the menace.
Difference is, the orange menace claims to be a billionaire and Johnson claims to be broke.

Remember that trump was purported that he paid his son's boy scout fees from his "charity"
boris apparently likes to "borrow small amounts of money from people and not pay them back.
"
Associates of Johnson say he also has a tendency not to pay his debts.
"One of the first things I was told by someone else when I arrived there is that he will ask you to lend him money," Purnell says.
"Never do it because he asks everybody and never ever pays it back."

Ha ha ha ha. Boris never buys a round.
"It's a game he has always played... I mean what does he spend his money on? It's certainly not on buying people rounds of drinks in the pub.
"He's never done that. All the time I was in Brussels... you would go to the bar and he would drink other people's drinks and never ever buy a drink. I mean never."

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
"He's never done that. All the time I was in Brussels... you would go to the bar and he would drink other people's drinks and never ever buy a drink. I mean never."
Never trust anyone like this.

Boris is probably cash skint, his fiancée has expensive tastes in home furnishings!

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Perhaps it says something about the different ideas of what is considered high-status on each side of the Atlantic? Trump was a grifter and not exactly known for repaying his debts, but he desperately wanted to be seen as super-rich. I think for someone like Johnson he'd see that as a bit declasse - no old-Etonian wants to be nouveaux.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Power people... this is why they do it! Really, it is. Not the damned drinks but the admiration and attention that produces those drinks... Its all about being that center of attention, cause they are pitch black inside they crave the light from others.

Reactions: Thump553

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's the people who do that before they are powerful, before they are a somebody on the world stage that irk me. Smacks of being a real self-centered prick, a type I'm not fond of. When did being a cheapskate to the extreme become admirable? Attention isn't positive by default, he takes the brunt of a lot of piss and it's not because of his cheery demeanor.

This cheapness has translated into policy, see 'Mr. Great Personal Debt' to the nurses that saved his life from Covid19 saying tough shit about a raise for NHS staff - who, just like their counterparts in the States, weathered the covid disaster despite shortages and inept involvement from the unprepared and often unwilling.

Reactions: cytg111

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I don't exactly look at the man and think "big spender". More likely he'd make off with all the hotel soaps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: balloonshark

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Is this real?

PeYieyt.jpeg

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I'm inclined to think that if he truly was broke, his peers wouldn't be able to stand the sight of him.