Is Bill Gates an Evil person looking for Money - or Genuinely trying to Help through his Non-Profit?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Serious Question.

I'll reserve some of what I've been seeing lately for perhaps later. But we all know (if anything) the QAnon conspiracy theories against him.

So what say AT P&N. Is he evil? Looking for money? Trying to take over the world? Or is he genuinely trying to help with getting people vaccinated all around the world?

I'm... rather baffled. There isn't much room for interpretation if you're a reasonable person.

Gates did some bad things as Microsoft CEO in trying to establish and protect a monopoly. But afterward, now that he's worth about $129 billion? No, he's not looking to take over the planet or anything. He's putting his money to use for those causes that make sense to him.

I'd argue that he should be putting some of that money toward the general public to make sure businesses and hard-hit communities can survive, but at the least he's helping with humanity's long-term future.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
If in Q-reality, you come from the insane starting point that striving to improve healthcare and educational opportunities for all is your definition of "evil" (especially if that "all" includes helping poor non-white folks);

And then you recognize that basically every charity is by definition "looking for money" to achieve its goals

Then one could come to frame the alt-reality hypothesis in the title

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I'm much more concerned about where my telemetry data is going and what they are doing with it than how the Gates are helping fight disease and poverty in third world countries.

If Bill really wanted to do good for the rest of us he would eradicate forced Windows 10 updates and intrusive outdated hardware driver updates. Can I get an amen? :D

Last edited:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm much more concerned about where my telemetry data is going and what they are doing with it than how the Gates are helping fight disease and poverty in third world countries.

If Bill really wanted to do good for the rest of us he would eradicate forced Windows 10 updates and intrusive outdated hardware drivers. Can I get an amen? :D
Oh yeah. No arguments about windows software being a data mining mess but I don't think we can blame Bill for that now.

Reactions: Pohemi

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

If Bill really wanted to do good for the rest of us he would eradicate forced Windows 10 updates and intrusive outdated hardware drivers. Can I get an amen? :D

And make the Microsoft account an entirely opt-in and optional feature, and make it so the Security Centre doesn't hawk MS products based on faulty security advice.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
And burn OneDrive to the ground!

Meh. As long as it's an entirely opt-in optional alternative to the likes of Google Drive, Dropbox etc, I don't mind it being there, just like I don't mind their shit music app (Groove is it? I can't remember) existing, because I'm happy using what I want.

ONE OTHER THING! Third party apps just turning up with Windows feature updates. Candy Crush Saga? WinZip? Fuck off!

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Meh. As long as it's an entirely opt-in optional alternative to the likes of Google Drive, Dropbox etc, I don't mind it being there, just like I don't mind their shit music app (Groove is it? I can't remember) existing, because I'm happy using what I want.

ONE OTHER THING! Third party apps just turning up with Windows feature updates. Candy Crush Saga? WinZip? Fuck off!
I just reinstalled windows on a laptop as it was the only way I could fix it after OneDrive borked the default safe libraries.

Make windows the operating system as bare bones as they can and let me fill it with stuff that I want. I dont want 3 browsers because Windows decides to ship with two already.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
This thread reminds me of the intellectual honesty that was posed back in 2000 in South Carolina:

"Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain, if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

It's pretty sad the OP is shill whisper campaigner for Qanon.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Overall good, but I remember seeing a documentary that described how the foundation lets Gates push or even create policy without being an elected official. I'll have to see if I can find it

I've heard musings like this before, and essentially, it comes down to what you'd expect... those that give money don't (usually) do it blindly. They have their own voice and set of expectations. Along those lines, I believe it was Adam Ruins Everything that did an episode on philanthropy of the wealthy and what sort of problems can arise from it. (The show might be a bit silly at times, but at least it does cite its sources.) Although, it isn't hard for me to just do a quick search to come up with complaints about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation exerting control over academia. Here's a quick one from the AP, which I think most people would find trustworthy. (There are more, but I'd need time to vet them before citing them.)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I've heard musings like this before, and essentially, it comes down to what you'd expect... those that give money don't (usually) do it blindly. They have their own voice and set of expectations. Along those lines, I believe it was Adam Ruins Everything that did an episode on philanthropy of the wealthy and what sort of problems can arise from it. (The show might be a bit silly at times, but at least it does cite its sources.) Although, it isn't hard for me to just do a quick search to come up with complaints about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation exerting control over academia. Here's a quick one from the AP, which I think most people would find trustworthy. (There are more, but I'd need time to vet them before citing them.)
that might have been it. i did a quick search and couldn't find anything of "major" substance

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Bill Gates is so evil he even faked the snow in Texas, this smart lady figured it all out! Wake up you fools!

Damn, the Chemtrails weren't working fast enough. Bill Gates had to drop massive quantities all over the nation. Now all these Texans are gonna go limp! Winter isn't real, wake up sheeples! :eek:

The obsession Republicans have with targeting specific people is disgusting.

Reactions: Zorba and Racan

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Serious Question.

I'll reserve some of what I've been seeing lately for perhaps later. But we all know (if anything) the QAnon conspiracy theories against him.

So what say AT P&N. Is he evil? Looking for money? Trying to take over the world? Or is he genuinely trying to help with getting people vaccinated all around the world?
This is your problem, Q-anon said the CA fires were Jewish "space lasers" a small sample of the bat-shit crazy stuff they consider plausible. You've chosen this route, the pummeling will not be pretty.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
You could make the argument that being a billionaire is immoral. I think our current system where the ultra-rich are so incredibly better off than just about everyone else (and the trend is continuing) is going to fall apart at some point. The fact that the pandemic has made money for most or all of them should be a sign that this is not a good way to go.

That said, until I see some actual evidence that Bill Gates has some nefarious plot to <insert bad thing here> ---I'll continue to assume anyone who thinks so is a fucking moron.

My co-worker, for one. He brought up vaccines and depopulation and Bill Gates one time (carefully, to sound me out) and I'm like "nope, see you". The public is going insane in slow motion, and I can't see it ending well. Anti-science, anti-fact morons seem to be trending.

Before he really got weird and I said see you, my point to my co-worker was this: would you rather a billionaire actually spend some of their wealth to help people, or keep it all for themselves? I honestly think a huge percentage of people would say the latter, simply because they can't imagine someone helping others. They'd ironically not be painting Bill Gates as some bond villain if he'd simply gone out and bought some more private jets for himself.

Edit: and the whole idea of someone helping, but not helping enough: that is "perfect is the enemy of the good" in a nutshell. Just an excuse so that people feel ok not doing shit themselves.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
You could make the argument that being a billionaire is immoral.

If billionaires had to pay a 50% tax rate. We'd still get to have our cake and eat it too. They'd still be billionaires. Nothing wrong with them having money, us taking a piece, and them still being incentivized to make more. We could fund everything plus the kitchen sink if we took 50% of the pie.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Try DuckDuckGo when searching for things that are political in nature. You will get vastly different results.

I think I understand now. I searched using your thread title in DuckDuckGo and got the following results. Most appear to be conspiracy and/or niche websites. :oops:

Safe Search: Moderate
Any Time

Is Bill Gates an Evil person looking for Money - or ...
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...to-help-through-his-non-profit.2591063/page-2
Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Exposing Bill Gates's Criminal Psychopathology, Fraudulent ...
https://exposingvaccinegenocide.org/exposing-bill-gates-criminal-psychopath/
Exposing Bill Gates, His "Terroristic Threatening," and His Criminal Psychopathology: An Opinion/Editorial by Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz and Sherri Kane Introduction On April 27, 2018, the Business Insider published a widely circulated primer to persuade people to expect a mass killing. The article by Kevin Loria was titled "Bill Gates thinks a coming disease could...
The Life & Crimes Of Bill Gates | OYE NEWS
https://oye.news/news/tyranny/corruption/the-life-crimes-of-bill-gates/
William Henry Gates III born in the month of October 1955 in Seattle, Washington was the second-born child of three to William H. Gates Sr. and Mary Maxwell Gates.. Bill Gates was particularly small as a child and was bullied at school and spent most of his time locked up in his room, apparently thinking.
The Untold Truth Of Bill Gates - Grunge.com
https://www.grunge.com/48936/untold-truth-bill-gates/
Bill and Melinda Gates are number one of the Forbes list of most philanthropic people, and they have no intention of slowing down their generosity. In just one typical year, the husband-and-wife foundation gave away $2.65 billion toward fighting malaria, polio, and other diseases while donating tons to the World Health Organization.
Why do some people think that Bill Gates is evil? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-people-think-that-Bill-Gates-is-evil?share=1
Unfortunately for us mere mortals Bill Gates belongs to a think tank of rich, quite powerful, very persuasive, global elite. You could say the Aristocrats of today's age. They have the money and the means to change the direction of the world for the better. There long term goals of a better, more sustainable world, are ultimately good.
Bill Gates Pledges Billions To Earth's Evil Companies ...
https://globalfreedommovement.org/bill-gates-pledges-billions-to-earths-most-evil-companies/
On the surface, and particularly within mainstream media channels, Bill Gates is purported to be a modern day saint; a man who gives his time, energy, and money to the world graciously in an effort to prevent the world from the ravages of hunger, sickness and death. The reality is far more sinister than one could imagine.
Did Bill Gates Just Reveal the Reason Behind the Lock ...
https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/04/did-bill-gates-just-reveal-the-reason-behind-the-lock-downs
I cannot understand how this Bill Gates has become the ubiquitous spokesman for 'the people'. He has no interest in the health of the people, his is a purely economic interest and he has made so much money with these disgusting vaccines and agriculture (GMO and golden rice etc) being forced on certain nations, his greed has reached epic ...
The Long, Strange History of Bill Gates Population Control ...
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bill-gates-coronavirus-vaccine-conspiracy_n_5eb9ab7ac5b69358ef8a9803
Gates, who has announced that his $40 billion-foundation will shift its "total attention" to fighting COVID-19, has been accused of a range of misdeeds, from scheming to profit off a vaccine to creating the virus itself.
Why Would Bill Gates Want to Kill One Billion People?
https://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/12/16/why-would-bill-gates-want-to-kill-one-billion-people/
If you think Common Core is a bad idea, and many people do, you're naturally going to hang this on the Gates Foundation. CLAIM: Bill Gates is a member of various global elite bankster ruling cadres, including the Illuminati and the Bilderberg Group. Gates was a member of the 2010 Bilderberg Group conference, so that claim is factually correct ...
What is Bill Gates like in person? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/What-is-Bill-Gates-like-in-person?share=1
Most people know three things about Bill Gates: He is one of the richest men in the world. He cofounded one of the most successful tech companies of all time in Microsoft. He's an extremely generous philanthropist through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think folks need to lighten up on Someone. Remember that Bill Gates is rich and male. In Someone’s code of ethics, if a rich man does it, it’s okay.

• Haha

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
why? he wouldn't be as entertaining.
Because at some point he will most likely be bashing in the heads of police officers with a blue lives matters flag. Conspiracy theories are like crack. They rot the brain destroying critical thinking skills and inhibitions.

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I have a very neutral stance. I'll refrain from giving my opinion for now until others answer.
You've not had a very neutral stance or opinion on anything in these forums. Ever. You spew constant lies and misinformation, because you are a dishonest c*nt.
Are you using q as your base of reasoning against his humanitarian efforts? If so, you already lost the debate. q is bullshit and full of morons
Look who you are telling this to.
Methinks you are just turd dropping again. I made a Trump is evil thread but I brought lots of EVIDENCE.
It's all the dishonest c*nt ever does here.
The obsession Republicans have with targeting specific people is disgusting.
Butbutbutbut it's only cancel culture if libruhls doo eet!
I think folks need to lighten up on Someone.
I think s0me0nesaFucktard needs to stop wasting oxygen.