is ATOT a true reflection of society?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
We have all different races, ages, income levels, and locations posting here...plenty of different personalities and opinions....but it really seems like the majority of people....well they just arent right in the head

Do you think that this forum represents society as a whole fairly well?

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
No... people aren't afraid to talk big on the internet... but when you meet them in real life it's a different story.

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
Originally posted by: rudeguy
We have all different races, ages, income levels, and locations posting here...plenty of different personalities and opinions....but it really seems like the majority of people....well they just arent right in the head

I think most people here are more knowledgable than the average joe.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
no...I mean people on here seem to be genuinly nuts...people posting about made up things that happened to them and their made up ugly girlfriends...guys talking about slapping each other asses...and people talking about the things they do with their pet mice!!!

I think that Anand is sending out a free vial of crack every time someone signs up

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
i think this forum is a lot more geeky than society is. a lot of people sit behind their computer all day acting like they're the greatest person in the world. they think they're smarter, stronger, and better than everyone else. Just look at people who get Ops in IRC channels... what kind of ganster sh*t is that...

but seriously, if ATOT were a representation of society i'd have killed everyone by now.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
No. You sure as hell don't have 100+ people hanging around you, just waiting to reply to your question/comment.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: fanerman91

I think most people here are more knowledgable than the average joe.
Average Joe knows a LOT more about women than the average ATOT'er.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: freesia39
NO!

there are like 90 guys to every one girl here.

thats the way things are in my world...well at least when my medication starts wearing off

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

no

there are WAYYY more asians/Indians on this board than there are in general US population.

mb that explains the abnormalities. :)

MistaTastyCakes

Golden Member
Oct 11, 2001
Nah, this is far from reality. The guy/girl ratio is way off. The amount of horribly sheltered nerds are far larger than reality. ("Should I walk starting with my left foot or my right foot around a girl? OMG HELP ME YAGT") And I'd be willing to guess there are a lot less lower middle class to lower income people here than in reality as well, but I can't prove that. For the most part it seems like a buncha well off college age+ people here.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: LeeTJ

no

there are WAYYY more asians/Indians on this board than there are in general US population.

mb that explains the abnormalities. :)

hey now...I am way more screwed up than anyone on here...and I am a white male

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
I'm just as sarcastic in real life. It's just the people I surround myself with aren't so uptight. In all likelihood it's because they've been laid.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
God I hope not.

It must be snowing in hell. WE AGREE!

Well, put me in the same corner.

I have seen the public, and they are scarey. So are you guys. Wait, maybe you all ARE like them (me being the exceptional one) ;):D:beer:

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: MacBaine
No... people aren't afraid to talk big on the internet... but when you meet them in real life it's a different story.

I resent that statement. I am just as big of an opinionated, biased, egotistical @sshole in person as I am on teh intarweb.