Is anyone thinking about Valentine's Day yet?

Alphathree33

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2000
And if so, may I propose a thread (i.e. this one) for posting all sorts of ideas, mundane and crazy?

I'll start with the, er, obvious:

Cards
Teddy Bears
Chocolate / Candy
Anything RED
Take her to dinner
Take her to the movies
Take her to dinner and the movies!

*whew* *wipes sweat*, Those were tough to come up with. :D :D :D

Maybe I'll actually get around to writing that prime-number-gift-giving win32 app I was talking about a few weeks ago. That would make a decent gag gift :) If I do, I'll post the executable here. It shouldn't be too difficult to throw together.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Only reason I have Valentine's Day on my mind is because it's three days after Angel The Series Season One is released on DVD.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
No, go away.

;) Just slightly bitter.......but on a serious note, I am, because my student group does an annual rose sale, so I'm gonna buy an extra few and give them out to anybody that catches my eye :)

ajayjuneja

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
my gift idea is already posted (and scheduled -- I scheduled it over the weekend) :)

I'm unfortunately going to be stuck on the other side of the country as her...
though I'll probably see her within a month after that...

slikmunks

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
yes, and i've also thought... well, i don't have anyone yet... so we'll see if i'm gonna be doing anything this year...

slikmunks

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
last year i told my gf that i couldn't make it to see her because i had a 2 midterms the next day (complete lie) and that i wished i could make it back to see her... and then i took the bus home (from ucla to covina for those of you in so.cal... it was a 3 hour bus ride), picked up a dozen long stem roses, hid a grip of the chocolates that she likes (she liked semisweet chocolate chips, so i put 3 5lb bags in there, just for kicks), i bought dinner, a romantic music cd, called her, said happy valentines day, apologized for not being able to make it again, and then i said, hey, can you open your door? and i was standing there... she absolutely loved it... but then, here's the thing, you've just gotta make sure you listen to your girl, and make it special, not some generic type of deal that everyone does... that'll make it special to her, and show her that you really care.

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I was at Riteaid the other day filling a perscription, and I had stopped to look at their valentines aisle because there was this brown teddy bear singing that 'Sugar, sugar' song. The clerks walks by and is like 'Smell that thing,' so I did, and they actually have chocolate scented teddy bears now. It's like the best of both words. There were pink plastic handcuffs too. ;)

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: slikmunks
last year i told my gf that i couldn't make it to see her because i had a 2 midterms the next day (complete lie) and that i wished i could make it back to see her... and then i took the bus home (from ucla to covina for those of you in so.cal... it was a 3 hour bus ride), picked up a dozen long stem roses, hid a grip of the chocolates that she likes (she liked semisweet chocolate chips, so i put 3 5lb bags in there, just for kicks), i bought dinner, a romantic music cd, called her, said happy valentines day, apologized for not being able to make it again, and then i said, hey, can you open your door? and i was standing there... she absolutely loved it... but then, here's the thing, you've just gotta make sure you listen to your girl, and make it special, not some generic type of deal that everyone does... that'll make it special to her, and show her that you really care.

sh*t man, you rode the bus from ucla to covina?? :Q Didn't even know that was possible.