Is anyone that accuses someone else of "having too much time on their hands" being a hypocrite?

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
I mean, I've heard people tell others so many times that "you have too much time on your hands", while actually browsing this board and finding the specific post to comment on and then actually making the comment..is kind of hypocritical isn't it?

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
It always makes a person feel better about their own deficiency if they can ridicule the same flaw in others.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000

<< It always makes a person feel better about their own deficiency if they can ridicule the same flaw in others. >>

Great point. That really applies to a whole lot more things as well..

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Everyone on this board is a hypocrite. We ALL do or say somethings at some time that is contradictory to what we may actually do on a daily basis.

i.e. someone chiding another person for spending $400 on a GeForce3 yet they spend $400 themselves on stereo equipment for their car.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
spending $400 on stereo equipment is a bit easier to do than spending $400 on a video card, i would say. i mean, you get your head unit and some speakers you're already up to the limit. at least the stereo guy bought a whole system for that price, instead of just one component.

i think my roommate thinks he has too much time on his hands... and then he sacrifices school for extracurriculars... hes still a junior hes been here... 7 semesters.

MagnusKain

Banned
Oct 10, 1999

<< Is anyone that accuses someone else of &quot;having too much time on their hands&quot; being a hypocrite? >>

Not alwase, sometimes it's just a joke.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
When you start wondering about stuff like this you got too much time on your hands AND you're probably insecure.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< spending $400 on stereo equipment is a bit easier to do than spending $400 on a video card, i would say. i mean, you get your head unit and some speakers you're already up to the limit. at least the stereo guy bought a whole system for that price, instead of just one component.

i think my roommate thinks he has too much time on his hands... and then he sacrifices school for extracurriculars... hes still a junior hes been here... 7 semesters.
>>

And that's where the hypocrasy lies ;) Who's to say that the person that spent $400 on the GF3 can't have as much fun as the person that spent $400 on a stereo system? One component, two components...who cares? It's all about personal satisfaction.