Is anyone here using an Aeron Chair by Herman Miller?

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
http://www.hermanmillerred.com/catalog/product_detail.jhtml?navAction=jump&id=AE1

I remember hearing about it, and how it's supposed to be a really good chair. The reason I'm asking for opinions is because it seems I'm suffering from tension headaches because of bad posture when I'm sitting, using the cumputer (but when I'm upright, I'm fine). My current chair is some piece of crap that's been aroiund the house since I can remember, and the only setting it seems to have is slouch ;) .

So anyone using one of these pricy things? Is it worth it?

Much appreciated,

pg19.

Feb 10, 2000
I have one in my office (believe it or not, the Air Force legal office in which I work recently acquired 25 of them - your tax dollars at work!). I have been using it since the beginning of November.

I like it OK but there is no way I would pay what they cost. The chair is quite supportive and it seems good for my back (it can be adjusted in many ways and allows you to effectively prescribe the chair's fit to your frame), but it is not particularly comfortable. If you are serious about getting an Aeron, I recommend checking out the competition from Steelcase and Allseating as well.

fir3wir3

Banned
Oct 15, 2000
I"d buy a 150 dollar leather chair from office max and a x15 seagate hard drive before I buy that :)

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe but I got a deal on it and it only cost me 2 bills :)

WELL WORTH IT!

Nate

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
wait a minute.....well worth it at 7 bills or well worth it at 2?

:)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i can't afford them. i don't even know anyone that has one of those chairs.

gUEv

Oct 11, 2000
headaches?
maybe you should report to sacramento for a good beating about the face/head whatnot?

i dunno why they call it everclear, i dont feel too fuc.king clear righ tnow