Is anyone a prisoner to a fear?

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Heights are my greatest fear, but most of the time I can overcome it. The irony of it is that I like hiking in high places because it gets my adrenaline pumping so much.

Meractik

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2003
perfection, i fear not being perfect and being seen as a negativity in other peoples eye's and thus i have a big problem with trust and how other people see me specially in the real world which is why i do alot of strange things (such as go all day without eating b/c someone would see me eating and id feel weird, so i save my meals if i bring a lunch or whatever for when im alone) and i seclude myself to only opening up and talking to people online, im also rather paranoid all the time about stuff, although im rather good at ignoring the lame mean people that say silly things on these forums sometimes :)

EmoHawk

Oct 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Meractik
i seclude myself to only opening up and talking to people online, im also rather paranoid all the time about stuff,

Do you smoke the good stuff? It can play tricks on your mind.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
perfection, i fear not being perfect and being seen as a negativity in other peoples eye's and thus i have a big problem with trust and how other people see me specially in the real world which is why i do alot of strange things (such as go all day without eating b/c someone would see me eating and id feel weird, so i save my meals if i bring a lunch or whatever for when im alone) and i seclude myself to only opening up and talking to people online, im also rather paranoid all the time about stuff, although im rather good at ignoring the lame mean people that say silly things on these forums sometimes :)

What you have is a hypersensitivity to rejection. (Or perceived rejection). There is a name for that, it is called "social phobia". Look it up, read some books about it, the behaviors you describe (e.g., not eating in public, out of concern that people will judge you or look down on you) are classic social phobia behaviors.

Meractik

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: EmoHawk
i seclude myself to only opening up and talking to people online, im also rather paranoid all the time about stuff,

Do you smoke the good stuff? It can play tricks on your mind.

ive never smoked anything that has gotten me high :/

Meractik

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: aidanjm

What you have is a hypersensitivity to rejection. (Or perceived rejection). There is a name for that, it is called "social phobia". Look it up, read some books about it, the behaviors you describe (e.g., not eating in public, out of concern that people will judge you or look down on you) are classic social phobia behaviors.

ya i figured there was something wrong i don't like to know that im not in control of something so i refused to believe that it is anything i can't fix on my own so im stubborn to the fact that i want it fixed but its damn annoying ot the point to where it interfere's with most day to day activities for me like i get lonely and i feel like im a loner and the only one that matters and have nothing to believe in, want to be my shrink? lol, im gonna bide my time now looking into this social phobia thing

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
heights, just even a mental picture of me standing on the edge of something tall(20ft or higher) will make my knees weak. :(

Sep 29, 2004
I fear that President Bush will somehow get elected to a 3rd term. more of a nightmare scenerio, but something that has a scary premise.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
I fear that my boss will find out I spend all day at ATOT

that's one of mine, albeit a very minor one ;)

my biggest fear is being lost in an ocean or other large body of water, and vulnerable to large fish ie. whales, sharks. if you've seen Castaway, you remember the part where he is on the raft and the whales are about. That was terrifying for me!

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
When I was a kid, I was scarred sh1tless whien I found out that the sun would eventually go super nova.

Mydad said he wasn't too worred about it because we would both be dead before it happened