Is a G4560 "sub-standard" for gaming? Was it, at the beginning of the year? (Before CFL)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rbk123

Aug 22, 2006
You don't have to stop being friends with him, but you do need to stop doing business with him. Most friendships and marriages are ruined because of money.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
You don't have to stop being friends with him, but you do need to stop doing business with him. Most friendships and marriages are ruined because of money.
He's a dumbass stoner, truth be told. Sometimes I feel sorry for him. Other times, he's an inconsiderate bastard, and he pissed me off.

I wanted to pick up my monthly payment today, so I called him at 11:30AM. Made arrangements to stop by, he wanted me to stop by later, so his GF could take a shower. I was like, "This doesn't involve her, she's not going anywhere with me." I finally pulled it out of him that he wanted me to take her or them shopping. How nice of them to tell me that a day ahead of time, so that I could block out some time for them. That's just how inconsiderate they are, of my time, and yet, he had the nerve to read me the riot act, for taking 45 minutes to get to him, even though we didn't specify a time. I took my mom to the senior center, and she went to her bank to get me some money, and I stopped back by my place to use the bathroom. It generally takes me 15 minutes to get to said friend's place.

This is a week AFTER I loan him some money to pay his overdue rent for last month, and even took him to drop it off.

It's like, WTF? If you were really my friend, then the minute I apologized to you for being late (even though we hadn't specified any time, technically), you should have dropped it, rather than rake me over the coals for another 20 minutes on the phone on my way over.

scannall

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2012
He's a dumbass stoner, truth be told. Sometimes I feel sorry for him. Other times, he's an inconsiderate bastard, and he pissed me off.

I wanted to pick up my monthly payment today, so I called him at 11:30AM. Made arrangements to stop by, he wanted me to stop by later, so his GF could take a shower. I was like, "This doesn't involve her, she's not going anywhere with me." I finally pulled it out of him that he wanted me to take her or them shopping. How nice of them to tell me that a day ahead of time, so that I could block out some time for them. That's just how inconsiderate they are, of my time, and yet, he had the nerve to read me the riot act, for taking 45 minutes to get to him, even though we didn't specify a time. I took my mom to the senior center, and she went to her bank to get me some money, and I stopped back by my place to use the bathroom. It generally takes me 15 minutes to get to said friend's place.

This is a week AFTER I loan him some money to pay his overdue rent for last month, and even took him to drop it off.

It's like, WTF? If you were really my friend, then the minute I apologized to you for being late (even though we hadn't specified any time, technically), you should have dropped it, rather than rake me over the coals for another 20 minutes on the phone on my way over.
I used to have people like that in my life. Some freinds going all the way back to Kindergarten. I decided one day, my life would be much better without toxic people in it. So I removed all of them. It turns out I was right! You might want to try it yourself sometime. The peace is awesome.

Reactions: Thunder 57

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007

So I was right, the guy is a total bum loser with nothing going for him. I mean, $25 monthly payments? He spends way more than that a month on weed, I'm sure. Guy sounds like a really crappy guy all around. I get that you feel sorry for him, but he makes his own dumb choices.

Like I said, you must have the patience of a saint. The most surprising thing I just read is that he has a GF. I can't imagine what kind of baggage she must have.

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRcf623X_xk

If a G4560 and GT1030 2GB is that playable, then a GTX950 should be comparable or better. (GT1030 64-bit TDP == 30W, GTX950 128-bit TDP == 110W).

GTX 950 is going to work fine, but I think the following post sums up why he is not using the PC:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...of-the-year-before-cfl.2525195/#post-39148300

Friend originally wanted to play KI, and then Tekken 7. So he bought the gaming PC. Then he bought a PS4, because he wanted the PSN match-making with all of his PSN buddies.

P.S. I also wonder if he trying to play competitively? You mentioned he spent $250 on a fight stick (which according to my research is the price level of a tournament grade controller).

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/tekken...740.206672034.1509746783-379994665.1509746782

It's also important to note that the competitive Tekken community plays almost exclusively on PS4. While the Tekken World Tour will offer online events for all three platforms, all in-person tournaments will be on PlayStation.

The PS4 version of Tekken 7 is your best bet if you're looking to play competitively, while you'll get the most game for your money by buying on Xbox One. If you have a really powerful gaming rig and want the best possible visuals, PC seems like a no brainer.

Tekken 7 is ultimately a game to enjoy with other people, so your choice might simply come down to where all your friends are fighting.

Last edited:

fkoehler

Feb 29, 2008
Suggest the following:

Get the money you loaned him back.
Then, get your computer back.
Give him his money back.

Put his number on Block.

Get on with your life.

There are plenty of other people having hard times who would appreciate this sort of attention/support.

If you don't, then frankly you are only going to have yourself to blame.