Is a 5 foot 5 165 pound chick fat?

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Achoo.shh

Oct 25, 2016
You likely will be, because you're likely on a tight leash, mentally. Since you're more athletic/muscular than he is used to and already picks on you (even when you appear to be very lean at 165), what about when you gain weight? People tend to workout in cycles, and when you're not working out as much, you will likely add body fat and weight, and then possibly get condemned for it.

Just sayin...us guys know how to be dicks and as a result can spot them from a distance. ;) Ultimately, someone needs to be very comfortable with the body type that their SO has, and if it gets hotter over time, great...if it doesn't, and goes in the other direction, there has to be room to still appreciate and accept the person without condemning them for it. If that's not there, you're probably with 'mr. right now' and not necessarily 'mr. right.' You're very healthy, and if you still get sh!t for it, then you deserve better imo.

-signed
dr. phil :p

Way healthy insight, miramonti. And good points. Definitely open to the advice.

Achoo.shh

Oct 25, 2016
o_O
My kids are grown, and impotence just says you're a big softy. I'm sure your mother is very right.

:)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
This post reminds me of a guy posted in front of his audio/video equipments and a sign "Yes Nick this is me and my stuffs" several years back.

Hey Echoo, how about post a pic with a sign of your AT nick, today date, and a line of "Hey ATOT guys, come and get it if you dare". :)

Remember seeing that photo when someone brought it up again a couple years ago, was quite hilarious.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in the ring on this. I'm impotent so your 4 children would be a blessing for me, and my mom says I'm handsome.

Well, I "take myself"? out of contention because I'm not what I would call single, so, you're our #1 contender!

Achoo.shh

Oct 25, 2016
Well that's good. I can't imagine how we would explain to our loved ones how we met.

Me: This is my boyfriend, Zinfamous
Zinfamous: Hi.
Husband: What the fuck.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well that's good. I can't imagine how we would explain to our loved ones how we met.

Me: This is my boyfriend, Zinfamous
Zinfamous: Hi.
Husband: What the fuck.

..ah, so you're married and you're dating some dude? that might rub some ATers the wrong way. Me, well, I dgaf.

Reactions: Achoo.shh
Feb 4, 2009
BTW, do not venture into the badlands of Politics & News until you've been here at least 2 years. Ideally you should wait an additional 3 years before posting in P&N.
Time spent as a lurker qualifies.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
My thighs definitely touch. I still don't think I'm fat. I have thick legs from playing soccer and running, and I don't miss any meals. I do tons of squats and they still touch. I'm content with it.
I wouldn't mind losing a few inches from my waist but I haven't had a thigh gap since... Well... Nope never have.

I can help you with that. ;)

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
While we're all being honest, you should know that nobody has asked you for pics yet because we're all mature enough to know that it will scare you off, but we're all thinking it. We're not that mature.
200.gif
Over 100 posts and 8 hours later...
mG2H6mi.gif

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I think it's EXTREMELY rare a female is 5'5" and 165, not being fat. Or even obese. The only way is if they work out and most of it is muscle. My wife is currently 168, but 5'7". And about 6 weeks away from having another one of our babies. You can't even tell she's pregnant from the back, still looks great. Funny seeing guys looking at the gym or elsewhere, then realizing she's pregnant. So if not working out, I can't see it not being fat. But now days people have a different opinion on what fat is, because "fat shaming".

It just occurred to me how absurd it is to expect anyone to post pics of themselves in certain positions or whatever on some random corner of the internet "to prove they're real" when none of us have done anything that even resembles that "to prove we are real"

Seems like an overkill reaction, regardless of if she is legit or not. No reason for it.

There have been several" posts your picture" threads. Generally when someone makes a claim, it's common forum etiquette to back it up. Only way for this, is with a picture. Especially if they're one day new here. Then she said she's had 4 kids, and 31, but all her kids are grown up? Hmm. Either way, humorous to watch.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Remember seeing that photo when someone brought it up again a couple years ago, was quite hilarious.
You guys are seriously disappointing me.
yesnik.jpg

This classic also comes to mind, though for the most part we haven't gotten there yet and are still in the fawning stage.
atot.jpg

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I think it's EXTREMELY rare a female is 5'5" and 165, not being fat. Or even obese. The only way is if they work out and most of it is muscle. My wife is currently 168, but 5'7". And about 6 weeks away from having another one of our babies. You can't even tell she's pregnant from the back, still looks great. Funny seeing guys looking at the gym or elsewhere, then realizing she's pregnant. So if not working out, I can't see it not being fat. But now days people have a different opinion on what fat is, because "fat shaming".

There have been several" posts your picture" threads. Generally when someone makes a claim, it's common forum etiquette to back it up. Only way for this, is with a picture. Especially if they're one day new here. Then she said she's had 4 kids, and 31, but all her kids are grown up? Hmm. Either way, humorous to watch.
"Some other people did it voluntarily so you have to"

lol

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Hahaha. I wasn't asking for anything. What's it matter if I'm real? Like if I weighed 158 instead of 165? Or... Ok, I'm so confused. What do trolls get out of posting pictures? Of someone else is what I'm assuming the question is? Dude, I work in fast food and drive a GMC. I'm as legit as they come. Well, I guess they could come more legit, but I honestly just googled my height n weight to find a calorie calculator. Turns out I should be eating 1739 calories a day. FYI.
Ignore them. They are mostly socially inept little boys that have personality disorders like narcissism or social anxiety. A girl comes around and they think they might see some side boob and they shoot their load in their pants and dip their head in shame.

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009

It is almost certainly a bannable offense to make such a claim and not back up said claim with photographic evidence.