is a 23" display too big

eflat

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2000
I've been doing a lot of photo editing and work with garage band -- and frankly this 17" monitor just is not cutting it.

i've seen the 23" displays and they are just HUGE. I always worry that I'll get a headache just looking at the thing. Have you folks that have purchased oen adjusted to it pretty quickly? Or do folks have trouble with eye strain?

Unkno

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2005
depends how far you sit from it....if you sit really close, maybe you should get a 20"

eflat

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2000
Originally posted by: thekillerjks
Nothing is too big in my world :)

a man after my own heart

you are right i need to grow some balls and get a 23"

Stangs55

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2004
23" is just perfect. I had tried out the 30" apple cinema display in my house for about 1.5 weeks and it turned out to be an eye strain. 23" is the perfect sweet spot in my mind.

Agnostos Insania

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2005
Are you satisfied with everything else about your computer? If not I'd upgrade those first, but it's your money, spend it the way you'll enjoy it most.

ShadowBlade

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
its too big when you cant see the whole thing by turning your head all the way in any direction

alimoalem

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2005
what you should do is go to a local store like fry's or something and use computers with different sized monitors for 5 minutes each and see how you like it. if they don't have something set up like that, just go to the monitor section and look at the screens and see if you can see everything in it without twisting your head

gozulin

Dec 21, 2004
Originally posted by: Agnostos Insania
Are you satisfied with everything else about your computer? If not I'd upgrade those first, but it's your money, spend it the way you'll enjoy it most.

Please ignore what he said. The FIRST thing should be a good monitor, that's what you spend all your time at the computer looking at. 23" is ok but I'd suggest simply going with the Dell 2405FPW 24" widescreen monitor. Every owner of this thing is exceedingly happy with it.