Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericasTeam

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2003
IRS agent shoots suspect in robbery try

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/article?f=/c/a/2010/08/05/BA611EPCGR.DTL

(08-05) 07:27 PDT SAN FRANCISCO --

An Internal Revenue Service special agent shot and wounded one of two suspects who tried to rob the investigator in San Francisco's Bayview-Hunters Point early today, police said.

Hunters Point is the ghetto. Strange place for an agent to be. I didn't know they are packing heat.

Feb 24, 2001
IRS agent shoots suspect in robbery try

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/article?f=/c/a/2010/08/05/BA611EPCGR.DTL

(08-05) 07:27 PDT SAN FRANCISCO --

An Internal Revenue Service special agent shot and wounded one of two suspects who tried to rob the investigator in San Francisco's Bayview-Hunters Point early today, police said.

Hunters Point is the ghetto. Strange place for an agent to be. I didn't know they are packing heat.

Revenue agents don't, but special agents and agents in the Criminal Division do.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Another fine shoot in self defense. Perps thought they had an easy target with a woman, too bad she didn't kill both of them.

Last edited:

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I remember when I was a junior in college attending all the "meet the firms" nights - with a variety of small/medium/big 4, some large companies in the area and the IRS. The IRS agents both were carrying guns. It was probably partly for show (who would carry a gun to a job fair??) and partly to attract some recruits who also wanted to carry a gun.

I do find it kind of strange that the guy was down in Hunters Point. That's not a very nice area...

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I remember when I was a junior in college attending all the "meet the firms" nights - with a variety of small/medium/big 4, some large companies in the area and the IRS. The IRS agents both were carrying guns. It was probably partly for show (who would carry a gun to a job fair??) and partly to attract some recruits who also wanted to carry a gun.

I do find it kind of strange that the guy was down in Hunters Point. That's not a very nice area...

The agent was a woman. It was around midnight also. Kind of odd time to be out, but it did say she was part of the criminal investigation team or whatever.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Everyone in the 1811 job series carries a weapon, and that series includes criminal investigators. Most agencies have people in that line of work.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000

Trust me, they don't have to attract recruits. It's REALLY hard to get into a criminal investigator job with the government. I know a lot of people who want that job, but are doing something else (in govt) and applying to every opening.

They were carrying guns because they're criminal investigators and are required to do so. They're federal law enforcement, they just happen to work for the IRS.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Everyone in the 1811 job series carries a weapon, and that series includes criminal investigators. Most agencies have people in that line of work.

this

Not every IRS agent is 1811.

Also interesting to note that the IRS doesn't handle asset forfeiture. That's done by the USMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.