Irony of the day. Rand Paul mobbed...again

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Rand paul is the reason people do not support Libertarian candidates!

eh, there's many reasons that people don't support Libertarians.

here's the first one:

Basic Literacy.

I'm talking CAT test proficiency. ...yes, that circle test you last took in the 5th grade (we can only hope--unlike our POTUS). That should graduate you beyond Libertarian thought.

I mean..it should. I assume some people will think they are more special beyond passing a rudimentary test, but they are easily spotted in random crowds of rednecks and hipsters. You know who they are...the one's still comfortably drinking gin and tonics, because that's what their handlers told them was safe to drink in public, when mingling with human-folk.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Where is Rand's neighbor when you need him again?

Where do I sign up to get me one of those plane tickets and fancy hotel stays? poor liddle guy!... this must be the first time he has left his ivory tower and seen actual people trying to survive in the world that he and Donnie have presided over. What's the matter, Mr. Libertarian? Can't handle the free marketplace of ideas? I thought you Randians were all about freedom of association and ideas.

Rand Paul is aching for some free publicity for his campaign this year. I saw the video and nothing happened to him. Shut the fuck up and go home.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Apparently libertarian Rand Paul is now demanding the federal government investigate and prosecute people for yelling at him.

In case after the whistleblower thing anyone had a doubt that Rand Paul is a worthless piece of shit, doubt no longer.

He's just another Republican who LARPs as a libertarian when it suits him. Totally enthusiastic to propose the use of repressive government power that should run directly counter to his professed ideology.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
the great civil libertarian wants summary arrests to investigate why soros is funding these protestors

Rand Paul - "I promise you that at least some of the members and the people who attacked us were not from D.C., they flew here in a plane, they’ve all got fresh new clothes, and they were paid to be here."

Actually, Sen. Paul, I’d be amenable to paying my own airfare to DC if I thought I had a chance to tell you to your face what a complete asshole you are.

American libertarianism is a lot more nuanced than I realized.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Rand Paul - "I promise you that at least some of the members and the people who attacked us were not from D.C., they flew here in a plane, they’ve all got fresh new clothes, and they were paid to be here."

Actually, Sen. Paul, I’d be amenable to paying my own airfare to DC if I thought I had a chance to tell you to your face what a complete asshole you are.

Maybe he was thinking of the Brooks Brothers riot of 2000...

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

I did not realize Randy was such a fashion expert...

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I did not realize Randy was such a fashion expert...

I guess Paul’s delusional fantasy about people being given plane tickets by The Demon Soros and then, what, participating in a ceremony of bloody dismemberment of good libertarians upon landing, and thus needing Fresh Clothes?

One imagines he expects the protesting peasant-folk to be shambling about in tattered sackcloth, burlap sacks, and pickle barrels on suspenders, with nothing but torn strips of cloth wrapped around their ulcers, as they groan “Please, milord, spare a ha’penny?”

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
An ophthalmologist. He's got a medical degree from Duke.
Libertarian Rand Paul, the eye doctor turned Republican Senate candidate in Kentucky, may not be a "board-certified" ophthalmologist, as he reportedly claimed. Paul's certification comes from a board he incorporated and heads, but he hasn't been certified by an organization recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties for five years. When reporters asked Paul to explain, he said, "What does this have to do with our election?" He subsequently released a statement saying he had a certification from the main medical board until 2005, but let it lapse to protest a decision to make doctors get recertified every 10 years. Will the confusion hurt Paul's candidacy? (Watch Rand Paul — dressed in scrubs — discuss health care last year)