Iron Harvest (1920) - Mech-based RTS

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007

I've been following this game since it was showcased on Imgur last year but I completely forgot to throw it on my wishlist. It released yesterday and has some really good reviews thus far but there's also a fair amount of people whining about things (which is the norm these days but mostly about MP aspects of the game). The trailers are actually really good and make me want to jump the gun and pay full price, but I'm going to refrain for now and wait a few months to see what the devs do to address the actual issues.

So, has anyone tried it yet? Been looking for a long time for a decent RTS but it seems most companies in the last ten years either wanted to focus solely on MP or just remaster the classics.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
that looks really good. I'll wishlist. I don't mind paying full price for a good RTS, but these days, I don't hang with them as long as I used to, so I can't personally justify it beyond "supporting the devs"

Feb 4, 2009
I tried the beta out and I wasn’t impressed.
I was okay imo but I didn’t play much. Units pathfinding was sort of tedious and the story was meh.
I’ll likely buy it at some point during a good sale.

More simply put, Iron Harvest isn’t a $50 game but it is a $15 game.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OH CRAP I WAS JUST GONNA POST THIS!!

It looks good to me, but for fifty dollars I think I can wait.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Yeah I was a little surprised that a small studio was asking $50 for this. It definitely looks like they put a lot of effort in the game and from other reviews I've read (I know, going against my own rules here), it seems the devs are looking to tackle the early-infantry units first as well as some of the more glaring bugs and glitches. Everyone seems to be in agreement that the infantry units are all identical but the mechs are very unique. The story seems fairly solid based on reviews as well.

yoko_ono

Sep 3, 2020
That just sounds great. I have so many games in my steam library, i will never play. But this one seems like a must have to me.