Iraqis feel left out of U.S. effort

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Link

"Why don't they let the Iraqis elect themselves? This will be good for Iraq. This will be good for America," he said. "Maybe they're afraid that people who aren't puppets will be elected."

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
That article raises some good questions. So far the administration has not backed up it's promise to 'liberate' the people of Iraq. Only a transfer of oppressive power has occured. They are supressing the Iraq's right to representation in their own country.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I guess it is time to disband all the city councils and let anarchy rule. With any luck the Baath party will make a comeback..
rolleye.gif

Medellon

Feb 13, 2000
You really think the Iraqi's can "police" themselves? Look at the anarchy and mayhem that went on when they were liberated! Are Iraqi's generally good people? I would like to think so but my faith in humanity has taken a step backward.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
The last decision the "Iraqis" made was to let Saddam take over.

The Iraqi's decided to have Saddam take supreme power? :confused:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We know what's best for them. We're not spending 4 billion a month so they can elect whoever they want. We went there to make sure thay get democracy.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We know what's best for them. We're not spending 4 billion a month so they can elect whoever they want. We went there to make sure thay get democracy.

Yep, they got a great democracy. The Iraqi population has one vote, while Bush, Cheney, Rumsfled, Wolfowitz all get one vote each. To show how widely accepted our policies are in Iraq, the votes are almost always a landslide 4 to 1 decision.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001

As long as Jeb is in charge of the vote count, they'll be all set.

Brie

May 27, 2003

Yes i know. We go into the countries that dont want us (Iraq). And stay out of the countries who do (Liberia).