Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Some pro-peace articles for today:

They're Everywhere, They're Everywhere!

Happy Imbeciles At War

Viewpoint: N Korea follows Bush's lead - BBC

The Old Cause

Over-Entertained

I see by today's papers that support in Great Britian for a war with Iraq is vanishing fast, both with the voters and with Blair's own Labour Party MPs. Sounds like Blair is the only hawk left outside the United States. They too now sound like they won't go ahead without UN backing. Though I suspect the UN will eventually find some way to give Bush what he wants.

Iraq must be shown 'we mean it,' Blair declares

Sorry, I forgot the editorial cartoon:

Epic Transformation

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
The most compelling argument I've found for war against Iraq is here, basically the argument is that Saddam can be detained and has been before. ALthough there are flaws in the logic and some in the argument, generally speaking, they make a very strong case.

Sadly, some of you articles you have linked to are just a little rediculous. The happy imbeciles one completely derails itself in the first two paragraphs:

This is not a war. Iraq will not be a war. Do we understand this? We do not seem to understand this. This is heavily corporatized power brokers killing each other for oil and capital. Oh yes it is.

Let's be perfectly clear. You cannot have a war when the so- called enemy has done nothing to provoke you and is absolutely no threat to your national safety and has no significant military force and has negligible chance of even setting off a firecracker near your own overwhelming death machines, and whose only weapons of minimal destruction are the rusty short- range warheads and biochemical agents we sold him 20 years ago, and kept selling to him, even after we knew he was gassing his own people.

The US is going to war for two reasons: one to prevent Saddam from using nuclear or WMDs (or selling them to terrorists), this argument is refuted above, although not completely. The second reason is a moral argument. The US, following its IF, IF, THEN doctrine written under Clinton, is compelled morally to stop Saddam. For the author to not know this, and pretend that there is NO good reason to go to war is ludacris and just bad writting and research.