Iraqi civilian body count (EDIT: U.S. & Coalition/Casualties added)

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
This has been posted several times..

We are aware and you seem to only be focusing on the ways to make the US look bad. Am I wrong?

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: dahunan

We are aware and you seem to only be focusing on the ways to make the US look bad. Am I wrong?

Your right. The US is the cleanest, most user friendly, politically correct country on the planet. And killing Iraqi civilians just makes us look SO good!

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
If the regime continued as it was I think they would have knocked off more then that in a year, don't you think?

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
2/3 of those so called sources have no credibilty outside the middle east and more than a few are nothing more than mouth pieces for the Iraqi regime.

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
30 thousand Iraqi soldiers killed, 1100 civilians. Seems like a pretty good ratio to me if this was any other nation it would be much worse.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
had we done nothing sanctions would have killed over 7,000 civilians in the same amount of time.....

Please change the title of your thread to accurately reflect the truth.

American forces save 5,800 Iraqi civilians in 3 weeks...

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003

I love America with all my heart, but face reality: our government does some pretty f*cked up things that we have no right to be proud of.

bentwookie

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

I love America with all my heart, but face reality: our government does some pretty f*cked up things that we have no right to be proud of.

it's for the greater good...you condone keeping a man who killed 3 million arabs in power?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
1000 civilian deaths does not seem in the grand scale of things too bad. Every civilian is regretable, but 1000 deaths for the freedom of 25,000,000 is a small price to pay.

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
I really only have one thing to say about this ridiculous sh!t.

IT'S WAR!!!

Not only that...it's war in an URBAN BATTLEFIELD!!!!

The fact that only....that's right, I said ONLY... 1200 civilians have been killed is nothing short of God- d@mned miracle.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: bentwookie

it's for the greater good...you condone keeping a man who killed 3 million arabs in power?

You have no source for your "3 million arab deaths" caused by Saddam, so shut up or use a legitmate, proven source for this info. Your rhetoric and propaganda is as bad as the fvckin Iraqi information ministers.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: swifty3
Originally posted by: bentwookie

You have no source for your "3 million arab deaths" caused by Saddam, so shut up or use a legitmate, proven source for this info. Your rhetoric and propaganda is as bad as the fvckin Iraqi information ministers.

His non compliance with sanctions have caused an estimated 1.5 million deaths, how many arabs (Iraqi, Iranian) died in that war? Kurds? Shiites? Kuwaitis? At least 2 million total Arabs, easily.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003

You have to take the good with the bad. If our country was pacifist like many people desire it to be, you'd have no country to love. We were not given the land to build a country upon, we had to fight to acquire it. This country was built by force. Now that we've already taken the land and fought to get to where we are today, we get people who become pacifist and apologist.

Apologists and pacifists did not build the country up to what it is today. People who were willing to go to war to get what they desired built this country up to what it is today.

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001

IMHO, doing all we have done, to limit civilian casualties, "is" something to be proud of. Has anyone other than the US/Britain/Coalitition ever done it? I don't think so. Many nations think we are "weak" just because we do care about civilian casualties.

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
This is a repost so I'll just say the same thing I said the last time it was posted --> That an astonishingly low figure, especially considering the source. Even the Iraqi officials (and we all know how credible they are...*snicker*) are quoting a similar total of 1,250. I find that *very* encouraging...almost beyond belief, frankly.

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
This is true. Many Iraqis are praising us for our miraculous achievement.

Wow. You really are an idiot.

Read up on warfare in the 20th century, kid.

Start with the Battle of Britain.

while British civilian casualties ran to 60,000,

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Anyone have pics of large groups or Iraqi citizens protesting our presence?

tired of waiting, feel free to e-mail them...;)

ub4me

Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Tiger
2/3 of those so called sources have no credibilty outside the middle east and more than a few are nothing more than mouth pieces for the Iraqi regime.

Oh come on~
Do you think these are lack of credibility?

KEY NEWS SOURCES (and abbreviations)

ABC - ABC News (USA)
ABC[AU] - ABC News Online (Australia)
AFP - Agence France-Presse
AFR - Australian Financial Review
ALB - Al Bawaba
ALT - Alternet.org
AP - Associated Press
AWST - Aviation Week and Space Technology
Al Jaz - Al Jazeera network
BBC - British Broadcasting Corporation
BG - Boston Globe
Balt. Sun - The Baltimore Sun
CBC - Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
CT - Chicago Tribune
CO - Commondreams.org
CSM - Christian Science Monitor
DPA - Deutsche Presse-Agentur
GUA - The Guardian (London)
HRW - Human Rights Watch
HT - Hindustan Times
ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
IHT - International Herald Tribune
IND - The Independent {London]
IO - Intellnet.org
JT - Jordan Times
LAT - Los Angeles Times
MEN - Middle East Newsline
MEO - Middle East Online
MER - Middle East Report
MH - Miami Herald
NT - Nando Times
NYT - New York Times
PDT - Pakistan Daily Times
Reuters - (includes Reuters Alertnet)
SABC - South African Broadcasting Corporation
SMH - Sydney Morning Herald
Sg.News - The Singapore News
ST(AU) - Sunday Times, Australia
Tel- The Telegraph (London)
Times - The Times (London)
TOI - Times of India
TS - Toronto Star
UPI - United Press International
USA-T - USA Today
WNN - World News Network
WP - Washington Post

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/bodycount.htm

And they used most of data from major news organizations.

ub4me

Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: freakflag
I really only have one thing to say about this ridiculous sh!t.

IT'S WAR!!!

Not only that...it's war in an URBAN BATTLEFIELD!!!!

The fact that only....that's right, I said ONLY... 1200 civilians have been killed is nothing short of God- d@mned miracle.

This is why I haven't supported this war.
Yes, war is horrible, so it should be considered at last.

ub4me

Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7 His non compliance with sanctions have caused an estimated 1.5 million deaths, how many arabs (Iraqi, Iranian) died in that war? Kurds? Shiites? Kuwaitis? At least 2 million total Arabs, easily.

No! You are WRONG.
Please research before you post anything.

ub4me

Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: exp
This is a repost so I'll just say the same thing I said the last time it was posted --> That an astonishingly low figure, especially considering the source. Even the Iraqi officials (and we all know how credible they are...*snicker*) are quoting a similar total of 1,250. I find that *very* encouraging...almost beyond belief, frankly.

I will quote iraqbodycount.net's Q & A.

We are not a news organization ourselves and like everyone else can only base our information on what has been reported so far. What we are attempting to provide is a credible compilation of civilian deaths that have been reported by recognized sources. Our maximum therefore refers to reported deaths - which can only be a sample of true deaths unless one assumes that every civilian death has been reported. It is likely that many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported by the media. That is the sad nature of war.

ub4me

Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Anyone have pics of large groups or Iraqi citizens protesting our presence?

tired of waiting, feel free to e-mail them...;)

Would you protest against invaders who carry guns and tanks?
Get a grip on yourself!