Iraqi Athletes Object to Presidents use of Olympic Team in Campaign Ads

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Hey, I bet Uday has similar advertising back during his Dad's era, showing hiim with the athletes, with different slogan of course :)
Will Bush torture the Iraqis atheletes if they don't perform well in Olympic like what Uday did?

Runner20

May 31, 2004
Originally posted by: cpumaster
Hey, I bet Uday has similar advertising back during his Dad's era, showing hiim with the athletes, with different slogan of course :)
Will Bush torture the Iraqis atheletes if they don't perform well in Olympic like what Uday did?

Dayum

:confused:

rextilleon

Feb 19, 2004
I just read an article in which one of the soccer players called Bush a murderer. Can you imagine telling some 18 year old we are sending you to a country where the people hate you and we want you to be fodder so that we can experiment with a new geo-political theory we have-? Its unbelievable!

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Runner20
Originally posted by: cpumaster

Dayum

:confused:
pay attentino to your own comments also

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
****DRUDGE FLASH****

****DEVELOPING****

****PRELIMINARY PLANNING FOR BUSH TRIP TO IRAQI SOCCER OLYMPIC GAME****

PRESIDENT BUSH PLANS TRIP TO OLYMPICS, SOURCES TELL DRUDGE. MAY ATTEND IRAQI SOCCER GAME. 'TRIP BEING PLANNED IN SECRET'... SECURITY CONCERNS AND 'DISRUPTION' OF GAMES AT ISSUE... 'THE PRESIDENT WILL NOT GO, IF IT BECOMES TOO MUCH OF A DISTRACTION,' TOP SOURCE REVEALED LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON... TOP BUSH SOURCE CAUTIONS PLANNING FOR TRIP IS BEING RESEARCHED AND IS IN PRELIMINARY STAGE. TRIP WOULD BE FOR FINALS AUG 28 [SATURDAY]... DEVELOPING...

And just the other day one of those Iraqi soccer players said if he wasn't playing soccer he'd be home fighting Americans. If Bush shows up what will the players do?

Zephyr

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Hmm, didn't he has speech he has to prepare in a week? Or has it become such formality that he could show up drunk on that day on national TV and still have half American elect him?
BTW, if he show up, would the players sabotage their own game just so he wouldn't claim they win because of him :)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Bush used Iraq for his own purposes. Why would he stop now? Bush has been on some bizarre ego trip ever since he came up with his scheme to divert attention away from terrorists that threaten America to Saddam and Iraq. Bush wanted a war with Iraq and got one. People are surprised that Iraqis don't like getting the hell bombed out of them? They may have wanted Saddam gone, but I want a new pool. I don't want Dub bombing my house and providing a nice big crater to get one. These people are those who lost friends or family or knew of those who did due to our war against them. No wonder they don't want to be used. Bush doesn't care, and I doubt that the "unsophisticated" Bush supporters do either.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
I hate it when politicians get involved in sports. Sports unite, politics divide. That's why both Limbaugh and Miller sucked big time on MNF. I think more people will be turned off if he goes ahead with the photo op.

rextilleon

Feb 19, 2004
Amazing times we live in--scarey thing is that about 50% of my fellow citizens by this madman and his Gestapo.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
CPA gets caught in the "spin"
When asked about the SI.com piece on Monday's ESPN2 broadcast of Cold Pizza, former senior CPA official Don Eberly reiterated a quote from a Reuters interview of Mark Clark, a British consultant for the Iraqi Olympic Committee and himself a former CPA official.

Clark's statement, which was passed along by Eberly, was this: "It seems the story was engineered."
Didn't they learn the first time about the whole "according to the British" thing?

Curious about Mark Clark's definition of the word, I called him on Monday.

Clark told me two interesting things: 1) When he commented on the SI.com story to Reuters he hadn't yet read it, and 2) he "didn't recall" using the word "engineered" in the Reuters interview. When I asked Reuters reporter Alastair Himmer, who quoted Clark, Himmer said, "He [Clark] told me straight up, mate. I'm not in the business of making up quotes."
Wow the Brits used the same BS playbook as lying American pols.

Clark also told Reuters, "it is possible something was lost in translation" in the SI.com story.

Well, no it isn't. On Tuesday, I played the tape of my original interviews (and the accompanying translations) for Chawki Rayess, an Arabic/English interpreter working for Olympic organizers in Athens. Rayess, a member of the respected International Association of Conference Interpreters, confirmed as accurate . . .
Bushesque BS at it's best: tell a lie, deny the lie, during the first lie create a plausible backup story just in case someone has the gall to check your facts.