Iraq Budget - $ 87 Billion - I'll re-establish this thread, but NO MORE LINKS !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
I only posted the CNN news item as an answer to Stormrider's opinion that: " There is already so much hatred for us in the middle east, how is it going to look if we invade another country, destroy a bunch of their things and then say, "hey, we'll loan you guys the money to fix it up".

To me it would be immoral for us to do that. That's why I support a grant instead of a loan. We've already had too many of our soldiers who paid the ultimate sacrefice -- asking me to foot some of the bills is nothing compared to that. "

As the news was a new development pertinent to the discussion I thought it was ok to post it.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
NO LINKS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD - JUST STATE YOUR THOUGHTS

Question of the day - Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket ?
Heh. That was an old saying I learned from a WWII vet many moons ago.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
To those who posted links - please kill your link, or make a new thread for your link.

Let's continue from here with an original and open discussion.

The Senate and House have taken different stances on the backing of the bill.

Of the 20.7 Billion reconstruction budget, one wants to make half approximately 10.2 Billion
as a conditional loan, with a caveat to the UN and the world - forgive and resind the Iraqi debt
help with the cost burden and the US will drop the 'Loan' language, and make it a 'Grant'.

Even with the New and Improved UN resolution, that hasn't sparked and intrest in assistance - yet.
Japan and some other countries have said that they would give financial aid, but talk is cheap.
These 'Helpful' nations haven't put up any hard cash yet, just empty promises of well, maybe.