Iran's Supreme Leader vows no inspections

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Destroy their military
Decapitate their government
Cripple their infrastructure (transportation, power, water, etc.)
Destroy their entire nuclear program through whatever means necessary
Leave them a seething mob of Islamist hatred, fighting each other for control

That'd buy us at least 25 years and could be accomplished in a couple weeks.

So basically repeat Iraq without the pretext of nation building. Just go destroy them.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Kudo's to Obama, another staggering foreign policy coup. If a Republican was in the White House, we would already be fighting a bloody war in Syria and would just now be landing boots in Iran. Every day that goes by just serves to demonstrate how much more competent Democrats are in the White House.

So, hows that obama foreign policy working out?

I find it highly unlikely that you have any understanding of Iran's nuclear facilities or the terms of the inspections. Please explain, using specifics, why the current situation makes inspections worthless.

Because the inspections will never happen.

I told yall a long time ago obama is going to do everything in his power to make sure iran continues to develop it's nuclear program.

In 2016 the next president will be looking at a nightmare situation as Iran will have reached the point of no return. Obama is going to ensure we see a mushroom cloud over a major US city.

How is that "hope and change" working out for yall?

Last edited:

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
What about Israel? Is it to appease a stupid guilt trip over the Holocaust? Or is it the clever way they've lied to us for 40 years about "seeking peace" with the Palestinians?

Off course; the Palestinians/Arabs have also lied about peace.
40 years ago; it was Arab nations that worked with the Palestinians to destroy Israel.

For the last 40 years; it has been Arab financiers supporting the Palestinians and the Palestinians that have been attacking Israel.

They want to destroy Israel; but in reality, it is just an exercise to justify their ego and use the Palestinian people as pawns.

They need the tit-for-tat retaliation.
Israel can not allow un-responded terrorist type actions against its civilians.
Turning the other cheek has not worked - encourages more of the same.

But should Israel retaliate; it then feeds into the other side of frustration and incompetence.
Never ending cycle - but at least, Israel is defending it's citizens.
Hamas and Fatah are unable to defend their people and allow the frustration to be directed against Israel.

Their masters do not want peace with Israel - it would destroy any justification for their existence.

Gaza is a perfect example; Hamas is more interested in planning the next conflict rather than taking care of the local population.

The locals will blame Israel because Hamas controls what the locals can get and is able to cause ignorance as to why Gaza is suffering.

Now with respect to Iran; the US actions by coddling Iran (and pretending to ignore their leaders words), it is causing concerns in the other Arab states that Iran desires to dominate/influence.

SA is talking to Pakistan on obtaining nuclear weapons. SA had no fears about Israel; but they do not trust Iran. And the US is playing into those fears

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

I told yall a long time ago obama is going to do everything in his power to make sure iran continues to develop it's nuclear program.

In 2016 the next president will be looking at a nightmare situation as Iran will have reached the point of no return. Obama is going to ensure we see a mushroom cloud over a major US city.

Thank you for the input, Secretary Rice.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Obama is actually actively importing Hispanic preteens with calves the size of cantaloupes, trained by ISIS and enoculated with Ebola, to form DeathPanels™ to enact the UNs Agenda21 before having them go door to door taking away your guns and sending you off to FEMA camps to be gay married.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Obama is actually actively importing Hispanic preteens with calves the size of cantaloupes, trained by ISIS and enoculated with Ebola, to form DeathPanels™ to enact the UNs Agenda21 before having them go door to door taking away your guns and sending you off to FEMA camps to be gay married.

:sneaky:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Off course; the Palestinians/Arabs have also lied about peace.
40 years ago; it was Arab nations that worked with the Palestinians to destroy Israel.

For the last 40 years; it has been Arab financiers supporting the Palestinians and the Palestinians that have been attacking Israel.

They want to destroy Israel; but in reality, it is just an exercise to justify their ego and use the Palestinian people as pawns.

They need the tit-for-tat retaliation.
Israel can not allow un-responded terrorist type actions against its civilians.
Turning the other cheek has not worked - encourages more of the same.

But should Israel retaliate; it then feeds into the other side of frustration and incompetence.
Never ending cycle - but at least, Israel is defending it's citizens.
Hamas and Fatah are unable to defend their people and allow the frustration to be directed against Israel.

Their masters do not want peace with Israel - it would destroy any justification for their existence.

Gaza is a perfect example; Hamas is more interested in planning the next conflict rather than taking care of the local population.

The locals will blame Israel because Hamas controls what the locals can get and is able to cause ignorance as to why Gaza is suffering.

Now with respect to Iran; the US actions by coddling Iran (and pretending to ignore their leaders words), it is causing concerns in the other Arab states that Iran desires to dominate/influence.

SA is talking to Pakistan on obtaining nuclear weapons. SA had no fears about Israel; but they do not trust Iran. And the US is playing into those fears

Standard Hasbara bullshit. Every new Israeli settlement is an act of war against the Palestinians, accomplished at gunpoint. What piece will they take next?

If Israel wants peace, the first thing they need to do is quit taking.

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I can understand not allowing the military inspections.
Nuc scientists in Iran usually end up dead somehow too

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
So basically repeat Iraq without the pretext of nation building. Just go destroy them.

Exactly. That's what we're good at. Read the Desert Storm Wiki. Or the Wiki on the 2003 Invasion of Iraq. We destroyed one of the world's top 10 armies in 3 days, inflicting 100,000 casualties and forcing them into full retreat. Two weeks later we were loading our tanks onto ships and going home.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Exactly. That's what we're good at. Read the Desert Storm Wiki. Or the Wiki on the 2003 Invasion of Iraq. We destroyed one of the world's top 10 armies in 3 days, inflicting 100,000 casualties and forcing them into full retreat. Two weeks later we were loading our tanks onto ships and going home.

And the moral underpinnings for such mass murder are what, exactly?

"Because we can" isn't really justification, is it?

I'm horrified that a bunch of damned fools really want us to be that country.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
You merely confirm what I offer, above. Anything for our Saudi & Israeli pals, huh? What's a few $T, anyway? What's a few $T more to beat down the Iranian boogeyman, right?

What makes KSA so attractive? Sharia Law & religious police or the way they treat their women? Or maybe it's about the Royal Family being power players in international finance.

What about Israel? Is it to appease a stupid guilt trip over the Holocaust? Or is it the clever way they've lied to us for 40 years about "seeking peace" with the Palestinians?

I have no love for the Saudis, but they treat the US well in regards to resources.

Israel is the only bastion of civilization in the region and should be protected. They've been reasonably good allies and provided plenty of intelligence and some unique military technologies to us. Not to mention the years that they spent testing our weapons on the Palestinians when we didn't have our own wars to try them out in.

We've always known there would never be peace with the Palestinians. It's the kind of lie that everyone knows is a lie as it's being said. Just like when Iran says it only wants nuclear power, not weapons.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
And the moral underpinnings for such mass murder are what, exactly?

"Because we can" isn't really justification, is it?

I'm horrified that a bunch of damned fools really want us to be that country.

They're chanting "death to America" in the streets and developing nuclear bombs while threatening to wipe Israel off the map and close the strait of Hormuz. There are plenty of reasons. Shit, go back to the embassy hostages during the revolution, they were never made to atone for that sin and there's been plenty since then.

The youth of Iran had their chance at revolution in the last decade. I understand that they're not all bad people, and that many of them even love America. But their nation is off the rails, and something has to be done.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Nobody knew how big the Iraqi military was, but we knew it was poorly equipped.
Three weeks later, American forces were starting to move into Bagdad

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
They're chanting "death to America" in the streets and developing nuclear bombs while threatening to wipe Israel off the map and close the strait of Hormuz. There are plenty of reasons. Shit, go back to the embassy hostages during the revolution, they were never made to atone for that sin and there's been plenty since then.

The youth of Iran had their chance at revolution in the last decade. I understand that they're not all bad people, and that many of them even love America. But their nation is off the rails, and something has to be done.

Properly translated "Death to America" is "Down with America"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_to_America

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Ah, yes.

Snapshot™ reality.

Ignore the coup the US and UK organized in Iran in 1953.

Ignore that we installed a brutal dictator who ruled Iran and tortured Iranians for 26 years.

Now that we've done that...

Lights!

Camera!

Action!

1979! Iranian Sin!

(Oh, yeah, we're going to go ahead and need to ignore the US selling...Saddam Hussein... chemical weapons in the 1980s. You know, the chemical weapons he went ahead and used on Iranian soldiers and his own people).

And now! Ohhh, The entire country of Iran chants "Death to America". Or something.

(Oh, yeah, let's go ahead and add to the ignore list John McCain's "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" jingoism. Because, you know, we're practicing Snapshot™ history.)

Axis of Evil! Ahhh!

RUN!

Right. I love how reality is constantly ignored for US Empire Snapshot™ reality that allows us to project our military anywhere we want at any time because of "US Interests".

Quick!

Name the last war Iran started in the past 2000 years.

I'll wait here!

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Ah, yes.

Snapshot™ reality.

Ignore the coup the US and UK organized in Iran in 1953.

Ignore that we installed a brutal dictator who ruled Iran and tortured Iranians for 26 years.

Now that we've done that...

Lights!

Camera!

Action!

1979! Iranian Sin!

(Oh, yeah, we're going to go ahead and need to ignore the US selling...Saddam Hussein... chemical weapons in the 1980s. You know, the chemical weapons he went ahead and used on Iranian soldiers and his own people).

And now! Ohhh, The entire country of Iran chants "Death to America". Or something.

(Oh, yeah, let's go ahead and add to the ignore list John McCain's "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" jingoism. Because, you know, we're practicing Snapshot™ history.)

Axis of Evil! Ahhh!

RUN!

Right. I love how reality is constantly ignored for US Empire Snapshot™ reality that allows us to project our military anywhere we want at any time because of "US Interests".

Quick!

Name the last war Iran started in the past 2000 years.

I'll wait here!

Hey bro, you mad that next years presidential election is between two war hawks? :biggrin:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Hey bro, you mad that next years presidential election is between two war hawks? :biggrin:
Umad? That's your response?

Alright then.

I'm upset that most Americans are too f-ing stupid to see that the US is a world Empire far surpassing Rome or Britain at their height. And I believe that the sooner Americans wake up to actual observable reality instead of the daydream reality they live in, that perhaps we can start solving the problems we have that are solvable if only people would wake up.

We keep on kicking over hornets nests and then getting enraged when members of the last hive we kicked over come over and sting us on the leg.

So, sure. Yes, I'm mad. Bro.

And it's really aggravating being aware of actual reality, instead of the one most people pretend is real.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well, yeh, but the rhetoric that keeps Iran's radicals & nutjobs in their cages makes our own try to break out of theirs. Iran probably has the same problem in reverse.

I have a great deal of trouble understanding the rationale of our own ravers. Yeh, sure I get Iran's paranoia, given that the world's only superpower has been breathing down their necks & howling regime change for nearly 40 years. What I don't get is how people in this country manage to be so afraid of them. Maybe that has to do with demonization & propaganda serving a Neocon agenda.

It's not like that agenda has served anybody but the Israelis & the Saudis.

Gotta agree with you on that.

Fear sells well on the right. Especially when the Repubs refuse to offer their middle class and poor voters tax cuts like they unabashedly do for their very rich benefactors, and when the Repubs won't REALLY try to come up with a plan that is superior to the ACA, and when the Repubs cannot appease their base with legislation that actually bans same sex marriage and abortion, that forces every illegal immigrant to leave the country and actually pass laws that give the prevailing majority religion preference over all others......well, then they have to resort to whatever tools they have left to stay in office - selling fear and hate.

Sometimes it's insidiously delivered, sometimes it's outright blatant, but they certainly do deliver, don't they?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Destroy their military
Decapitate their government
Cripple their infrastructure (transportation, power, water, etc.)
Destroy their entire nuclear program through whatever means necessary
Leave them a seething mob of Islamist hatred, fighting each other for control

That'd buy us at least 25 years and could be accomplished in a couple weeks.

So basically the same thing we did in Iraq? Ok, you can be ignored now.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Umad? That's your response?

Alright then.

I'm upset that most Americans are too f-ing stupid to see that the US is a world Empire far surpassing Rome or Britain at their height. And I believe that the sooner Americans wake up to actual observable reality instead of the daydream reality they live in, that perhaps we can start solving the problems we have that are solvable if only people would wake up.

We keep on kicking over hornets nests and then getting enraged when members of the last hive we kicked over come over and sting us on the leg.

So, sure. Yes, I'm mad. Bro.

And it's really aggravating being aware of actual reality, instead of the one most people pretend is real.

And the posters here on P&N just keep reinforcing the fact that a large portion of American are indeed, fucking idiots and proud of it.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
So basically the same thing we did in Iraq? Ok, you can be ignored now.

Don't stick around for the aftermath. And abandon Iraq now. Let ISIS have Iran once we've destroyed the government and destabilized the country.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I was for negotiations until Iran keeps proving that they don't really want to negotiate. They want all the sanctions lifted asap and are not willing to allow meaningful inspections. No. stop the madness. Tighten the sanctions even more and then allow them to collapse from the inside.

Nov 25, 2013

And if you think that the US could do to Iran what it did to Iraq, you're delusional. Not to mention that such an action would make the US something of an international pariah. There won't be any 'coalition of the willing' covering for the US against Iran.

But then you're the guy who calls Saudi Arabia an ally. The same country that does more to promote war, terrorism and civil unrest than anyone else in the world.

Last edited: