Iran willing to attack on U.S. soil

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
This was an article on a report that was delivered by U.S. spy agencies (CIA,NSA,DHS,etc.) that Iran perceiving threat from the U.S. and other nations is prepared to launch terrorist attacks inside the U.S.

"In congressional testimony Tuesday, U.S. intelligence officials indicated that Iran has crossed a threshold in its adversarial relationship with the United States. While Iran has long been linked to attacks on American targets overseas, U.S. officials said they see troubling significance in Tehran’s alleged role in a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington last year."

"U.S. officials said they have seen no intelligence to indicate that Iran is actively plotting attacks on U.S. soil. But Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. said the thwarted plot “shows that some Iranian officials — probably including Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei — have changed their calculus and are now more willing to conduct an attack in the United States in response to real or perceived U.S. actions that threaten the regime.”

The warning about Iran’s more aggressive stance was included in written testimony that Clapper submitted to Congress on Tuesday as part of the intelligence community’s annual assessment of the nation’s most serious security threats."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...report-finds/2012/01/30/gIQACwGweQ_story.html

Just how much of a threat The U.S. is facing I certainly don't know. How much damage could be inflicted with a terrorist attack backed by a nation like Iran I don't know either. My only opinion is that if any attack on the U.S. occurs it is answered by such overwhelming destructive force that any nation that sponsored it won't recover in the lifetime of my grandchildren, if then.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Dunno, but US is sure asking for it.

irandrone430x373.jpg

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Dunno, but US is sure asking for it.

I would be highly surprised if Iran did not have intelligence operatives, aka spies, operating within the US. If so, our using a drone to gather intelligence is basically doing the same function, just a difference of technological scale. I am not defending the blunder that allowed the drone to go down, but Iran spies on the US, the US spies on Iran. Is China or Israel "asking for it" by conducting espionage against the US?

Does anyone doubt Iran is not actively engaging in covert intelligence gathering in and against the US, to the highest of their abilities? IIRC, Iran is #2 behind Israel as far as intelligence goes.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
credibility, the US lacks.

as stated by fmr ambassador bolton, the US is only in the middle east to steal and control its oil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFbpKKOEnAE

war drums beatin. more weapons of mass deception type lies/false flags incoming from the lying US government.

I don't give a rats ass, you can tell it to a progressive or liberal that does. I just stated that an attack on the U.S. should result in the total destruction of the enemy.

al981

Golden Member
May 28, 2009
I don't give a rats ass, you can tell it to a progressive or liberal that does. I just stated that an attack on the U.S. should result in the total destruction of the enemy.

you mean the tens of thousands of troops first being detoured to steal and control oil rich nations not involved in that attack ;) :D

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
you mean the tens of thousands of troops first being detoured to steal and control oil rich nations not involved in that attack ;) :D

Make stuff up and tell it to a hate American lefty, there's more than a few here in the forums. Personally I don't agree or care.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Nuke the bastard already...this is getting so old.

We've been over this a billion times, these damn dictators are a stubborn a rock in the desert. Violence is the only answer now.

al981

Golden Member
May 28, 2009
Dude, read your signature, you're from tin foil land. Didn't I hear your mothership calling?

a sig with multiple facts that you don't have the guts to address.

but hey, you're the one dumb enough to post about iran willing to attack us soil without a single shred of credible evidence :) :D

when recent history of weapons of mass deception was cited, you ducked that too.

don't you have more blatant lies to ingest?

have a good night, kid.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Just how much of a threat The U.S. is facing I certainly don't know.

How much damage could be inflicted with a terrorist attack backed by a nation like Iran I don't know either.

My only opinion is that if any attack on the U.S. occurs it is answered by such overwhelming destructive force that any nation that sponsored it won't recover in the lifetime of my grandchildren, if then.

But it would be an instant jump start for the economy.

Nothing like a real war to boost things.

allenk09

Jan 22, 2012
If we go in and Nuke them, isn't it called terrorism? Killing potentially hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians living their lives day in and day out as normal people just like most of us here in the USA. Why is it only terrorism when it's not USA doing it? Anyone who wants to Nuke Iran is sick in the head and absolutely insane.

It's propaganda and lies to get us into another endless war we cant afford. It's the same thing they used in 2002 to get us into war with Iraq. Worked then, it's working now.

Last edited:

sonicdrummer20

Jul 2, 2008
If we go in and Nuke them, isn't it called terrorism? Killing potentially hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians living their lives day in and day out as normal people just like most of us here in the USA. Why is it only terrorism when it's not USA doing it? Anyone who wants to Nuke Iran is sick in the head and absolutely insane.

It's propaganda and lies to get us into another endless war we cant afford. It's the same thing they used in 2002 to get us into war with Iraq. Worked then, it's working now.

The problem is: we never declared War on Iraq. That requires Congress to do so.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I saw this article yesterday and I thought "How fvcking stupid do you think we are?" and of course the answer is "quite stupid indeed".

I was reading one of Grandma Doppel's recipes yesterday she left and the basic ingredients are:

• 10 years of demonizing Iran, starting with the Axis of Evil speech
  • 10 years of working up the US people into a fearful tizzy with terrorist alerts and terrorism this, terrorism that
  • 10 years of regular talk, but little to no evidence of Iran's nuclear ambitions
  • Reports that Iran, not surprisingly quite upset with the US, is now "more willing" to attack it via terrorism

1) Mix Ingredients
2) Bake at 911 degrees Fahrenheit
3) Take preemptive war out of oven and serve hot, do not allow to cool

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
If they are foolish enough to do such a thing, the response should be swift and devastating.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
The United States is planning to attack the sovereign nation of Iran, but not replace its government, for political and military purposes.

Iran is planning to attack the sovereign nation of the United States of America, but not replace its government, for political and military purposes.

One is called terrorism and another is called "delayed tactics". Gee, can ya smell the bullshit?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Nuke the bastard already...this is getting so old.

We've been over this a billion times, these damn dictators are a stubborn a rock in the desert. Violence is the only answer now.

The voice of idiocy, immorality, the Nazis and Pearly Harbor attackers.

Toss you ongoing propaganda to get you to back violence and you are a sucker.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Oh look, another anonymous assessment based on classified intel from the government. Is this like the assessment that said Iraq had WMD (proved wrong?)

Or any of the other secret anonymous assessments that have all been shown to be wrong once facts come out?

But hey, many people will blindly believe anything the government says, so I guess it works.