Iran To Strive For Full Enrichment In As Soon As 10 Years

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Obama sure got the job done.

Iran will go from 1 year break out, to 6 months.

That's the best deal ever.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Step 1: Be a Conservative.

Step 2: Live inside delusional Conservative bubble.

Step 3: Have no understanding of objective, observable reality.

Step 4: Demonstrate inability of understanding objective, observable reality, in public.

Step 5: Get other delusional Conservatives to demonstrate their inability of understanding objective, observable reality, in public.

Please proceed, OP.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Iranians are civilized people who want to live the good life, and spend money, not fight a war with the US or the West.
With Turkey going down the tubes into Islamism, Iran is ripe for a transition in the opposite direction, and we should be reaching out to Iran and trying to get them back from the dark side, not isolating and antagonizing them at every turn, like the Republicans have been doing.
If/when Shia Iran becomes a moderate or even secular state, that would send the message to Sunni states that they need to shape up or be left far behind.
We need to win on Iran, it can transform the Middle East.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
Step 1: Be a Conservative.

Step 2: Live inside delusional Conservative bubble.

Step 3: Have no understanding of objective, observable reality.

Step 4: Demonstrate inability of understanding objective, observable reality, in public.

Step 5: Get other delusional Conservatives to demonstrate their inability of understanding objective, observable reality, in public.

Please proceed, OP.

LOL, OP and self pwnage. Priceless. Dude didn't even understand what he read.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Iranians are civilized people who want to live the good life, and spend money, not fight a war with the US or the West.
With Turkey going down the tubes into Islamism, Iran is ripe for a transition in the opposite direction, and we should be reaching out to Iran and trying to get them back from the dark side, not isolating and antagonizing them at every turn, like the Republicans have been doing.
If/when Shia Iran becomes a moderate or even secular state, that would send the message to Sunni states that they need to shape up or be left far behind.

that must be why Iran has troops in multiple middle eastern countries. Here I though they were trying to destabilize governments in the region but now it appears they are just shopping for goods to bring back to Iran so the citizens can live the good life.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Haven't they been 10 years from full enrichment for the last few decades?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Iranians are civilized people who want toba live the good life, and spend money, not fight a war with the US or the West.

and this is based on what? your gut feelings?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Obama sure got the job done.

Iran will go from 1 year break out, to 6 months.

That's the best deal ever.

Obama got the job done. He will be making millions from the Obama foundation just like the Clintons did with their foundation.... And not having to worry about Iran's nukes and their threats to Israel. He will sad commentary in the footnotes of history while Iran is installing their new centrifuges.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-07-18-14-12-14

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
and this is based on what? your gut feelings?

Their actions, their culture, and talking to people from Iran.

What's the biggest thing Iran is buying with their recently released oil money? Tens of billions worth of commercial airplanes from Boeing, Airbus, etc.
https://airwaysmag.com/industry/breaking-down-iran-boeing-order/
The new build aircraft would include 40 737 MAXs, 6 737 NGs, 15 777-300ERs, 15 777-9Xs, and interestingly four 747-8s. In addition, Boeing will assist Iran Air in the leasing of 29 737 NGs for immediate lift.
The Airbus order included 21 A320ceos, 24 A320neos, 27 A330ceos, 18 A330-900neos, 16 A350-1000s, and a dozen A380s.

OK, you can say they are buying 737s and 320s for their own domestic use, but the most of the rest are long range aircraft to travel the world. These are purchases of countries that seek to integrate with the world and become a middle east hub, not become international pariahs.
Now, I know Republicans have some conspiracy theories that Iran is really buying commercial planes to convert them into military ones. You have to be an absolute retard to believe that, since they could just buy military specific planes much cheaper from Russia, and not depend on your supposed enemies for military parts. But that's what Republicans believe now.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Geez OP did you even read your own article? It says no such thing.

I did and the title is a direct quote from said article "Iran is likely to strive for restoring its full enrichment after 10 years."

EDIT ok so we are splitting nits I see, so they get it ten years and one day and viola we are within the constraints of the deal...seems pretty clear Iran's leadership has no intention of discontinuing their nuclear enrichment programs. The article went on to say "Tehran's plans to expand its uranium enrichment program after the first 10 years of the nuclear deal"

To be fair I don't even remember what I had originally put for the title of this, I had thought I copied something from either the article or another link as I know the mods love to crack down on thread titles which they deem as inaccurate even when they may be direct quotes....looks like this title was edited as well.

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Maybe squashing their democracy, deposing their elected leader and replacing him with a dictatorship wasn't such a good idea in hindsight.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I did and the title is a direct quote from said article "Iran is likely to strive for restoring its full enrichment after 10 years."

EDIT ok so we are splitting nits I see, so they get it ten years and one day and viola we are within the constraints of the deal...seems pretty clear Iran's leadership has no intention of discontinuing their nuclear enrichment programs. The article went on to say "Tehran's plans to expand its uranium enrichment program after the first 10 years of the nuclear deal"

To be fair I don't even remember what I had originally put for the title of this, I had thought I copied something from either the article or another link as I know the mods love to crack down on thread titles which they deem as inaccurate even when they may be direct quotes....looks like this title was edited as well.

You do know that nuclear reactors run on enriched Uranium and that nukes don't work with reactor grade Uranium.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You do know that nuclear reactors run on enriched Uranium and that nukes don't work with reactor grade Uranium.

Don't confuse the resident conservative. He's busy hiding under his bed from invisible hippies, Mexicans and Mooselmans.

It's exhausting work.

He was probably hoping that Strongman Trump would protect him from the hippies and Mexicans and Mooselmans, but as it turns out, Strongman Trump isn't able to protect his own wife from an incompetent speechwriter.

Sad!

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Don't confuse the resident conservative. He's busy hiding under his bed from invisible hippies, Mexicans and Mosselmans.

It's exhausting work.

He was probably hoping that Strongman Trump would protect him from the hippies and Mexicans and Mooselmans, but as it turns out, Strongman Trump isn't able to protect his own wife from an incompetent speechwriter.

Sad!

Fucking hippies!

1398544218-Charles_Napier-3.jpg

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Don't confuse the resident conservative. He's busy hiding under his bed from invisible hippies, Mexicans and Mooselmans.

It's exhausting work.

Sad!

Dont fucking underestimate hippies. Those shit heads breed hipsters, and fuck all if those bastards are not the scum of this planet. We need to rise up and deal with hipsters. We should be building a wall around those fuckers right god damn now!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
that must be why Iran has troops in multiple middle eastern countries. Here I though they were trying to destabilize governments in the region but now it appears they are just shopping for goods to bring back to Iran so the citizens can live the good life.

that must be why USA has troops in multiple middle eastern countries. Here I though they were trying to destabilize governments in the region but now it appears they are just shopping for goods to bring back to Iran so the citizens can live the good life.

See how that works?