Iran Says 9-11 Did Not Happen

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: TallPilot
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: magomago
Well considering how Iran's president has NOWHERE near the power of an American President...don't freak out too much

I don't think anyone is "freaking out" around here -- but I don't think that we should completely ignore his remarks either, as some here seem to be suggesting.

Well, what should we do about him utilizing his freedom of speech? :confused:

There is no freedom to make threats, if I threaten to kill someone, I go to jail, if a country threatens to kill our country, we kill their country, it's easy to understand.

And so, when our president threatens other nations...?

How about when our government ACTS - Chavez was removed in a coup, Saddam was hanged, Allende was shot, Castro was the target of government-sponsored mob assassins, terrorists were organized in Nicaragua to drive our Ortega, terrorists were covertly trained and sent into North Vietnam before we just went to war, death squads were organized and trained in nations like El Salvador, etc. They each have the right to 'kill our country', right?

You're equating this guy's saying there's some doubt what happened on 9/11, with a threat to 'kill our nation'?

Where do you crazies come from, seriously? You make the president of Iran look positively reasonable in comparison.

TallPilot

Sep 25, 2007
Originally posted by: Craig234
Well considering how Iran's president has NOWHERE near the power of an American President...don't freak out too much

I don't think anyone is "freaking out" around here -- but I don't think that we should completely ignore his remarks either, as some here seem to be suggesting.

There is no freedom to make threats, if I threaten to kill someone, I go to jail, if a country threatens to kill our country, we kill their country, it's easy to understand.

How about when our government ACTS - Chavez was removed in a coup, Saddam was hanged, Allende was shot, Castro was the target of government-sponsored mob assassins, terrorists were organized in Nicaragua to drive our Ortega, terrorists were covertly trained and sent into North Vietnam before we just went to war, death squads were organized and trained in nations like El Salvador, etc. They each have the right to 'kill our country', right?

You're equating this guy's saying there's some doubt what happened on 9/11, with a threat to 'kill our nation'?

Where do you crazies come from, seriously? You make the president of Iran look positively reasonable in comparison.

A quick Google search shows 1.7 million hit's on Iranian threats against the USA.

Iran Threatens USA

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006

A quick Google search shows 1.7 million hit's on Iranian threats against the USA.

Iran Threatens USA

Um... yeah. To both of your posts.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Iran Threatens USA

Wow, you are a maniac.

But let's play Google Foreign Policy.

The same 1.7 million hits (not hit's) on "United States threatens Iran".

How many of your hits are actually about US threats on Iran? You do know that it's a keyword search, where the order of the words in hits might not match your order?

Oh, and add a million for "US threatens Iran" and "USA threatens Iran". You lose.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Aimster
I can't even make sense of your post at this point.

We're discussing your incorrect claim that 4,000 is too small a sample for an accurate poll of the opinion of 80M people in six nations.

You throw out the name Zogby like it's an argument proving something; it's not. If you want to make an argument, make an argument.

For now, you are frothing, not arguing, with the "!!11!!1!!!1111!" implied if not written.

As for a poll saying 42% believe the US is covering up 9/11 - first, I doubt the accuracy of your characterization, what *precisely* did it say - second, I'd need to review the poll.

You are the one who is lacking information, not I.

The best defense is a good offense, however absurd the attack, eh? No, you look foolish.

There is no official formula for polling
That is why each polling group comes out with different numbers and different results.

You're *still* wasting my time with these nonsensical posts, sadly, and I'll not let you get away with the nonsense.

*As I said*, there are many factors in polling and election predictive polling and such, making them inexact. But that's not the topic. For the umpteenth time, the topic is:

You said 4,000 is too small sample for any meaningful poll of 80 million people in 6 nations.

As I've shown, you are wrong.

All you're doing now is trying to pretend you never said that, not dealing with your error, and throwing out post after post after post after post after post with incoherency on polling.

In this one, you're trying to conflate the word 'formula'. There IS, as I said, a standard formula for calculating the theoretical margin of error (a precise term - since you have indicated you know nothing else of statistics, I won't assume you know the term either, it doesn't mean the amount the poll might be wrong, but rather the likely range of error, with a probability of the likelihood the poll is within that range, almost always a 95% confidence in popular reports on polling, meaning 1 in 20 are inaccurate outside that range).

When I say that there is a clear formula for the theoretical margin of error (assuming ideally randomized sampling, for example, not practically possible), which is the topic relevant to your wrong claim that 4,000 is too small a sample, you then try to conflate the word formula to include all the many things predictive polls have to account for, most having nothing to do with the sample size, the actual topic of discussion.

The fact that part of Zogby's 'formula' for a poll predicting who will win a primary includes such things as haivng to predict who will vote has *nothing* to do with the sample size.

You are clearly of the belief that if you respond to 2+2=4 with "I like cake" enough times, you will somehow prove 2+2=5. You won't.

If you disagree with what I said regarding the numbers then you must definitely agree with the Zogby poll that shows 42% believe the U.S is covering up something.

Some people believe that the US government and its 9/11 Commission concealed or refused to investigate critical evidence that contradicts their official explanation of the September 11th attacks, saying there has been a cover-up. Others say that the 9/11 Commission was a bi-partisan group of honest and well-respected people and that there is no reason they would want to cover-up anything. Who are you more likely to agree with?
US government and 9/11 Commission are NOT covering up
48%
US government and 9/11 Commission are covering up
Not sure

Therefore, it sounds me like 42% of the U.S is just as stupid as the President of Iran.
Brillaint

As I said, I'd need to review the poll to see if they followed good polling practices, e.g., a good random sampling, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, there's no reason then to think they're wrong in reporting 42% of Americans hold that view. You might think the 42% are idiots, but that's not a flaw in the poll, whose function is to tell you the number. At least you apparently provided the actual question, so that's cleared up.

I'm surprised the number is so high; and that has nothing to do with our topic, your error in saying 4,000 is too small a sample size for the poll of the Middle East region.

blah blah blah

Who are you to review the poll?

Look at the thread in which you are posting in.
You are surprised the numbers are high? Well I am surprised the numbers are high for the M.E.

Therefore either the polling is wrong or the results are just shocking but true.

WHICH ONE IS IT?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

We're discussing your incorrect claim that 4,000 is too small a sample for an accurate poll of the opinion of 80M people in six nations.

You throw out the name Zogby like it's an argument proving something; it's not. If you want to make an argument, make an argument.

For now, you are frothing, not arguing, with the "!!11!!1!!!1111!" implied if not written.

As for a poll saying 42% believe the US is covering up 9/11 - first, I doubt the accuracy of your characterization, what *precisely* did it say - second, I'd need to review the poll.

The best defense is a good offense, however absurd the attack, eh? No, you look foolish.

That is why each polling group comes out with different numbers and different results.

You're *still* wasting my time with these nonsensical posts, sadly, and I'll not let you get away with the nonsense.

*As I said*, there are many factors in polling and election predictive polling and such, making them inexact. But that's not the topic. For the umpteenth time, the topic is:

You said 4,000 is too small sample for any meaningful poll of 80 million people in 6 nations.

All you're doing now is trying to pretend you never said that, not dealing with your error, and throwing out post after post after post after post after post with incoherency on polling.

In this one, you're trying to conflate the word 'formula'. There IS, as I said, a standard formula for calculating the theoretical margin of error (a precise term - since you have indicated you know nothing else of statistics, I won't assume you know the term either, it doesn't mean the amount the poll might be wrong, but rather the likely range of error, with a probability of the likelihood the poll is within that range, almost always a 95% confidence in popular reports on polling, meaning 1 in 20 are inaccurate outside that range).

When I say that there is a clear formula for the theoretical margin of error (assuming ideally randomized sampling, for example, not practically possible), which is the topic relevant to your wrong claim that 4,000 is too small a sample, you then try to conflate the word formula to include all the many things predictive polls have to account for, most having nothing to do with the sample size, the actual topic of discussion.

The fact that part of Zogby's 'formula' for a poll predicting who will win a primary includes such things as haivng to predict who will vote has *nothing* to do with the sample size.

You are clearly of the belief that if you respond to 2+2=4 with "I like cake" enough times, you will somehow prove 2+2=5. You won't.

If you disagree with what I said regarding the numbers then you must definitely agree with the Zogby poll that shows 42% believe the U.S is covering up something.

Some people believe that the US government and its 9/11 Commission concealed or refused to investigate critical evidence that contradicts their official explanation of the September 11th attacks, saying there has been a cover-up. Others say that the 9/11 Commission was a bi-partisan group of honest and well-respected people and that there is no reason they would want to cover-up anything. Who are you more likely to agree with?
48%
Not sure

Therefore, it sounds me like 42% of the U.S is just as stupid as the President of Iran.
Brillaint

As I said, I'd need to review the poll to see if they followed good polling practices, e.g., a good random sampling, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, there's no reason then to think they're wrong in reporting 42% of Americans hold that view. You might think the 42% are idiots, but that's not a flaw in the poll, whose function is to tell you the number. At least you apparently provided the actual question, so that's cleared up.

I'm surprised the number is so high; and that has nothing to do with our topic, your error in saying 4,000 is too small a sample size for the poll of the Middle East region.

blah blah blah

Ironically, less wrong than your other arguments.

Someone who was asked to comment on it, and who has SOME idea what to look for; as I said, I give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply noting that assumption.

What an idiotic comment to post the poll for discussion and then complain at the idea of the poll being commented on.

You are surprised the numbers are high? Well I am surprised the numbers are high for the M.E.

Therefore either the polling is wrong or the results are just shocking but true.

WHICH ONE IS IT?

As I said, assuming the poll is good as I expect it is, the answer is 'surprising but true' (I didn't say shocked, I said surprised).

And this is another post from you without any contribution to the topic we are discussing, the error you made in saying 4,000 is too small a sample for a poll.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
finding a solution?
All religion is poop.

I am not going to be like you. Thread after thread. Post after post of trying to bash Islam or trying to convince people of a "cancer" within Islam. Your own religion is flawed too.

If anyone is going to bash Islam they damn well better learn how to bash their own religion.

Last time I checked there was no peaceful religion that stemmed from the Middle East.
They are all a bunch of garbage
Islam is no worse than Christianity.
-
As far as the other question why you avoiding my post?
You defend the poll done on the M.E but when a poll is conducted in the U.S and 42% think the U.S govt is covering up something you twist it all around.

OK, you either can't read very well, have memory issues, or consciously choose to ignore things that dont mesh with the pre-conceived junk already in your head...

1) I'm not very "religious," I've never belonged to a church of any sort, and I've said so hundreds of times in these forums -- I'm a Deist... look it up -- and, under religion, my military dogtags all read "BEGOODTOPEOPLE."

2) I never "bash Islam," and I've gone out of my way around here to make it clear that I'm very aware of the fact that violent extremists comprise a VERY small minority within Islam. However, it is still very accurate to describe them as a "cancer," because, even with so small a number, they are slowly eating away at the entire religion's body. (ie. they're destructive and growing)

3) Islamic terrorism is MUCH worse than Christian terrorism... today -- and today is all that I'm personally concerned with. Whether or not Christian terrorism was ever an issue during the last few hundred years is irrelevant to me here and now. The terrorists we're primarily interested in today, and those I personally face on the "battlefields" around the world, are not Christian -- each and every one of them is a Muslim.

4) I'll address every poll by itself, as each poll stands on its own, in terms of details, methodology, and accuracy. You simply refuse to listen to Craig and others who have repeatedly pointed out that this poll is NOT flawed because you said so, or because OTHER polls, using entirely different methods, done for entirely different purposes, may have been flawed themselves. As it stands, you have not provided a single technical or logical argument as to why the poll referenced in the OP is flawed.

And, like Craig, I'm beginning to think you are simply not educated enough to debate this, and you have no interest in being taught how these things work.

Repeat the following to yourself until it sinks in: Other polls conducted by Zogby have little or no baring, whatsoever, on the poll referred to in the OP. The details, methods, and accuracy of any poll must be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.

5) You still havent answered my question: Have you ever taken college-level courses in logic, reason, debate, decision-theory, OR statistics?

6) Is your degree in engineering? If so, that might explain a lot...

Aren't you the guy who has been to every Muslim nation? Who has read the Quran over and over? Who has Muslim friends?

You claim to have it all, but your posts just make you look foolish when it comes to Islam.

& when you defend your argument what do you do? You don't pull information out of your brain. You go to Google copy a quote and post it. Usually from some garbage unknown website or an anti-Islamic website.

So one has to wonder if you've ever read the Quran or if anything you say regarding such matters is true.

When one creates an anti-Islam thread you can be sure to find three people there posting shortly. One of them is you

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

48%
Not sure

Brillaint

blah blah blah

WHICH ONE IS IT?

As Craig said, the word "therefore" really should be banned from your keyboard...

The concepts of logic and reason escape you...

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I think not.

If the population figures are not flawed then therefore the poll is not flawed.

Neither you nor Craig are poll experts. Just a bunch of guys bored during the day with nothing else to do.

& If that poll is not flawed then most likely that 9/11 poll is not flawed

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I think not.

On that, we agree.

huh?

Neither you nor Craig are poll experts. Just a bunch of guys bored during the day with nothing else to do.

You're wrong. I know something about polls; I don't claim to be "expert", but you don't need to be "expert" to refute the fundamental error you made.

It'd be like saying you have to be a governmental law expert to correct the error from someone claiming that our current 20 US presidents are in their sixth term.

You made a claim that 4,000 is too small a sample for the poll of 80 million. I showed you are wrong. You showed you have no interest in the facts, or not wasting my time.

I'm not bored, quite the contrary, I wish you would shut the hell up repeating the same mistake and stop wasting my time repeating the correction to your error.

Both may be wrong or right, one may be wrong and the other right.

What we do know is that the statistical theory behind the margin of error, which disproves your statement about the sample size, is valid.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I think not.

like I said before, the basic concepts of logic, correlation, and reason are beyond you... your last sentence above constitutes another "therefore...", and once again, there's simply no logic to what you're saying...

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

When one creates an anti-Islam thread you can be sure to find three people there posting shortly. One of them is you

Oooh! Ooooh! Who are the other two???

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I think not.

like I said before, the basic concepts of logic, correlation, and reason are beyond you... your last sentence above constitutes another "therefore...", and once again, there's simply no logic to what you're saying...

If you can't prove why the poll in the M.E could be wrong then you obviously agree that it is right.

By disagreeing with me you are saying Zogby polls are accurate.

WHICH MEAN

that the 9/11 poll is accurate.

Your mind has only a high school education. I don't blame you for not being able to think at an educated level.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I think not.

On that, we agree.

huh?

You're wrong. I know something about polls; I don't claim to be "expert", but you don't need to be "expert" to refute the fundamental error you made.

It'd be like saying you have to be a governmental law expert to correct the error from someone claiming that our current 20 US presidents are in their sixth term.

You made a claim that 4,000 is too small a sample for the poll of 80 million. I showed you are wrong. You showed you have no interest in the facts, or not wasting my time.

I'm not bored, quite the contrary, I wish you would shut the hell up repeating the same mistake and stop wasting my time repeating the correction to your error.

Both may be wrong or right, one may be wrong and the other right.

What we do know is that the statistical theory behind the margin of error, which disproves your statement about the sample size, is valid.

You didn't show me to be wrong.

You have failed to prove that the poll is in fact accurate or flawed.
All you are doing is blabbering.

Show me where you proved how the 9/11 poll is accurate or the M.E poll.

I pointed out that 4,000 is too low of a number. All you did was "blah blah blah blah I blah bah I".

The margin of error has been proven to be wrong for Zogby polls so therefore something is wrong. WHAT is that something genius?
There are handful of polls that have been wrong with Zogby. The formula is not accurate it is an estimate

The more people that are included in a poll the better the accuracy of the results. If you fail to agree with this statement then your major was obviously not business.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I never noticed you much before, Aimster, but the animosity you have exhibited to any honest discussion on this topic leaves me not wanting to talk to you again.

You didn't show me to be wrong.

Yes, I did.

You said that 4,000 is too small a sample for any reasonably accurate opinion poll of 80 million people in six nations.

I pointed out in some detail how it is enough. I led you to water. I brought you water. I put the water in a gun and shot you over and over, but you still won't drink.

I pointed you to the statistical basis for the sample size, you refused to get informed.

4,000 sample size for *any size* poll, in which the poll is conducted properly (clear questions, random sampling) is enough for about a 1.5% margin of error (95% confidence).

Those are the facts, if I recall the numbers accurately (they're close enough for rebutting your false claim that the poll is useless). You don't care about the facts.

You have failed to prove that the poll is in fact accurate or flawed.
All you are doing is blabbering.

I'm sure that my explanation of statistics sounds to you about like it would to my dog, if I had one, as you show with your summary of it. But at least my dog is interested in facts.

I never claimed to prove the poll is accurate or flawed. I showed that your criticism of why you say the poll is flawed, is wrong. If the poll is flawed, it's for another reason.

Show me where you proved how the 9/11 poll is accurate or the M.E poll.

I pointed out that 4,000 is too low of a number. All you did was "blah blah blah blah I blah bah I".

See above. You didn't 'point it out', you claimed it, and you are wrong, as I showed.

The word "blah" has appeared only in your posts, because you are so dedicated to your own ignorance, that when the statistics are explined to you, you refuse to pay attention.

You CONTINUE TO WASTE MY TIME.

The margin of error has been proven to be wrong for Zogby polls so therefore something is wrong. WHAT is that something genius?
There are handful of polls that have been wrong with Zogby. The formula is not accurate it is an estimate

The more people that are included in a poll the better the accuracy of the results. If you fail to agree with this statement then your major was obviously not business.

Now you're becoming incivil to the point beyond which I'll respond. Your points are completely answered in my previous posts anyway.

But for your one last new paragraph, yet another pathetic attempt to hide the error you made:

*All else being equal*, the more people polled, the more accurate the results, but that has NOTHING TO DO with the fact that your claim that 4,000 is too few for reasonable accuracy is wrong. I never said whether I studies business, and I said before, not much expertise is needed to refute your fundamental error, and the knowledge needed to refute it is not based in business, anyway, though business borrows from areas such as statistics.

Now, can you shut up and stop embarrassing yourself and wasting my time?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: SphinxnihpS
THE HIJACKERS WERE SAUDIS

WHY DID WE ATTACK AFGHANISTAN?

WHY DID WE ATTACK IRAQ?

9/11 HAPPENED

THE US CONSPIRACY HAPPENED AFTER 9/11

The conspiracy I see was for the government to latch on to the policy flexibility following the chaos of 9/11 and implement an otherwise unacceptable policy it had on standby.

And by it, I mean Dick Cheney and his cohorts.

There is some 'justification' in answer to your questions; the reason we attacked Afhanistan isn't 'because it was part of a Neocon plot, while the real villains in Saudi Arabia went unpunished'. Afghanistan was actually more the *compromise* the Bush administration made, to attack something relevant to 9/11 before Iraq lest they be *too* obvious in abusing 9/11 for cover, since the people who planned and ordered 9/11 were in Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia only supplied the 'muscle', far less relevant.

Iraq is the country that fills the spot for 'duplicitous agenda under the cover of 9/11', not Afghanistan. Iran likely would have filled it as well, had Iraq gone better.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I think not.

If you can't prove why the poll in the M.E could be wrong then you obviously agree that it is right.

By disagreeing with me you are saying Zogby polls are accurate.

WHICH MEAN

that the 9/11 poll is accurate.

Your mind has only a high school education. I don't blame you for not being able to think at an educated level.

LAWL! I don't even know where to begin with that one... it, and you, defy all logic and reason.

I won't be surprised when we find out later that you're only in the 9th grade... seriously.

GG...

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
come on why cant the US and iran be friends. you guys have something in common

torture and execution of prisoners :|

america feel free to join the civilised world whenever you're ready...