Iran is the Greatest threat to Middle Eastern and World Peace since the fall of the Soviet Union

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Reducing our dependence on middle-eastern oil is clearly a good thing. But it will not stop radical Islamic terrorist groups from hating free and non-religious governments and citizens.
But it would greatly reduce our presence in that region and it would also dry up their funds.

Exactly, out of sight, out of mind. Let um get pissed at their own government for a change. Arnold would have never won California is the Arabs were drilling off our coast. We'd of been behind Davis' plan to nuke um.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: freegeeks
But Bush needs to think of something just as powerful as an invasion. He needs to think the exact opposite of an invasion. Luckly for him, I wrote a policy paper while at Princeton. To punish the iranians for their nuclear ambitions, Bush should widen the sanctions we already have against the terror state

I didn't know that Princeton was a breeding ground for extreme right wackos like Dari

You learn something new every day.
No, Princeton is a training center for the ultra-left, as are virtually all U.S. universities.
The amazing part is that a small minority of the people there actually manage to avoid the radical left brainwashing attempts.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Reducing our dependence on middle-eastern oil is clearly a good thing. But it will not stop radical Islamic terrorist groups from hating free and non-religious governments and citizens.
But it would greatly reduce our presence in that region and it would also dry up their funds.
True.
It would make it a little harder for the Bin Laden's of the world to get widespread support in those countries.

cumhail

Apr 1, 2003
Tell me, Dari,

Since you know so much about the conflict and aggression between Iran and the US, can you tell me what the source of the contention between the two nations is?

But one thing, before you answer: Let's go back a bit before 1983 and before the 1979 revolution to an earlier time in their history when Iran had become a democracy... until the democratically-elected government was overthrown. And while you probably think I'm going to send you to some incredibly far-left liberal site (in other words, anything that doesn't say what you want to hear), let's go with something nice and simple:

Encarta's encyclopedia entry on Iran
(Reading the whole 7 page entry is good, too... but at the least, start just before the section on "Mosaddeq and Oil Nationalization" and continuing on through the following page and the remainder of the article)

cumhail

Originally posted by: Dari
...Ostensively, we have a nascent liberal movement, composed of intellectuals and the generation born after the 1979 Islamic revolution. Unlike the ayatollahs in Qum, they do not professed to a strict islamic code and prefer (some form of) secularization.

Next we have the conservative ayatollah who overthrew the shah in 1979. This group currently controls almost all aspects of iranian life. Every now and then they throw the liberals some crumb, only to attach provisions and/or a trap that lands the liberals/reformers in prison. Whenever the ayatollahs don't want to get their hands dirty by breaking the "laws," they send out their youth brigade, which carries out the illegal the beating, shooting, and harrassing of liberal Iranians....

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Shanti
Originally posted by: freegeeks
But Bush needs to think of something just as powerful as an invasion. He needs to think the exact opposite of an invasion. Luckly for him, I wrote a policy paper while at Princeton. To punish the iranians for their nuclear ambitions, Bush should widen the sanctions we already have against the terror state

I didn't know that Princeton was a breeding ground for extreme right wackos like Dari

You learn something new every day.
No, Princeton is a training center for the ultra-left, as are virtually all U.S. universities.
The amazing part is that a small minority of the people there actually manage to avoid the radical left brainwashing attempts.

well, we all know that the ultra-rights have not the brain capacity to run a university

the only reason why all the universities are liberal is because only the lefties have the brain capacity to make an university like Princeton a first class institute of education

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
freegeeks, you are seriously jeopardizing your future of being taken seriously...have you any idea how pompous and retarded that sounds? Your political favoritism and heaping generalizations do not a working point make.