Iran is the Greatest threat to Middle Eastern and World Peace since the fall of the Soviet Union

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Everyone here knows of Iran's determination to match its bitter rival Israel by acquiring nuclear weapons. Everyone also knows that Iran's "democracy" is headed by a stooge named Khatami who does the bidding of the fanatical ayatollahs, who want to create a worldwide islamic caliph schema. But within Iran, there are several power struggles and a powerful puppetmaster whose pulling the strings behind the scene.

Ostensively, we have a nascent liberal movement, composed of intellectuals and the generation born after the 1979 Islamic revolution. Unlike the ayatollahs in Qum, they do not professed to a strict islamic code and prefer (some form of) secularization.

Next we have the conservative ayatollah who overthrew the shah in 1979. This group currently controls almost all aspects of iranian life. Every now and then they throw the liberals some crumb, only to attach provisions and/or a trap that lands the liberals/reformers in prison. Whenever the ayatollahs don't want to get their hands dirty by breaking the "laws," they send out their youth brigade, which carries out the illegal the beating, shooting, and harrassing of liberal Iranians.

Finally, with new intelligence we are able to see the inner-core of Iranian power. This powerful core is headed by a mysterious group or individual, of which one is named Yahya. This is the man behind the building of the nuclear bomb. Yahya has his own mercenary army, private prison system, and source of income. Yahya and the ayatollahs, while ideologically different, both share a common dream of Iran becoming a nuclear power. Hence, despite their differences, they work together. They've also managed to get assistance from Pakistan's ISI, it security regime. Already caught giving nuclear advice to North Korea, the ISI has brought the North Koreans and Yahya's men together to find ways to develop a nuclear bomb and delivery system within the decade. With Russian as a credible cover, all three parties are busy trying to develop Iran's weaponry before something happens in Pakistan (or Iran), which could lead to the fall of Musharraf.

But with the pressure from the international community on, Iran is thinking delaying the UN or throwing it bit of pieces, not unlike what it does to its own liberals. Unless the international community remains steadfast, the birth of a nuclear Iran could take place in the very near future. Armed with nukes, she would terrorize her neighbors and the greater world with impunity.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
You need to replace "democracy" with government.

The only reason Iran is the biggest threat world peace is because Israel will attack Iran, if they fear Iran is close to having nuclear capabilities. I seriously think Israel will attack Iran within the next 6-12 months, after trying going to the UN. Israel has already said it will strike anyone anywhere that threatens their security.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
israel and america are the biggest threats to world peace.

duh

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
btw - i passionately hate you

edit: this post was intended for dari

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: digitalsm

The only reason Iran is the biggest threat world peace is because Israel will attack Iran, if they fear Iran is close to having nuclear capabilities. I seriously think Israel will attack Iran within the next 6-12 months, after trying going to the UN. Israel has already said it will strike anyone anywhere that threatens their security.

the only reason america is a threat to world peace is because you ignorant ass americans think you have everything figured out.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TheBoyBlunder
Iran is the Greatest threat to Middle Eastern and World Peace since the fall of the Soviet Union

Odd, I thought that was Iraq.

no dude ...we took care of those dirty arabs...

for the idiots of the forums - aka conservatives -

download the song "the 4th branch" by immortal technique.

a "stupid hip hop artist" seems to be more rational than all of you combined.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Pers

the only reason america is a threat to world peace is because you ignorant ass americans think you have everything figured out.

The US is NOT a direct threat to world peace. The US isnt anymore of a threat than Russia, or China. Iran, NK, terrorists, and Israel, are the biggest threats to world peace. We actually keep Israel in check, we encourage them not to do things that they would otherwise do. If the US pulled out of the middle east, 10s of millions of people would be dead after many years of war, and the vast majority of them would be arab/muslim.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
The biggest threat to world peace are... morons like a few of the people who posted an reply to this thread. ;)

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
When will you people learn that Dari's posts are nothing more than entertainment? The only person Iran could possibly ever be a threat to is Israel and quite frankly the rest of the world, save the US, could give a rat's ass about that. Secondly Israel can take of themselves and finally, I cannot blame Iran for wanting nuclear weapons, it's the only thing that will keep Israel and the Bush admin. at bay.

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000

And good for them.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce
When will you people learn that Dari's posts are nothing more than entertainment? The only person Iran could possibly ever be a threat to is Israel and quite frankly the rest of the world, save the US, could give a rat's ass about that. Secondly Israel can take of themselves and finally, I cannot blame Iran for wanting nuclear weapons, it's the only thing that will keep Israel and the Bush admin. at bay.

i don't think there's ever been a time i've disagreed w/ you.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002

Let me guess, you both spend 12 hours a day staring at CNN?

Radical Islam is the next Nazi party and needs to be dealt with the same way.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Shanti

So we should ignore the more moderate groundswell that is sweeping over the Iranian youth and take out the Theran Government by force?If so then you sound like one of those Neo Confused idiots.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

You ma'am, are a pompous troll. Spare us your judgemental idiocy, we've heard it MANY times before. That's fine you don't like Americans, chances are, we don't like you either. You can say whatever you want about America and how you think we're the threat. I don't give a rat's ass about Israel to be honest, but there's no two sides on whether or not it's a good idea for a FUNDAMENTAL THEOCRACY to obtain nukes. And I call bullshit on the assertation that nukes are the only way for Iran to protect itself. The US and Israel have had nuclear arsenals for quite awhile now, did I miss an invasion? How can Iran protect itself? Easy - stop sending money, materials, and advisors to terrorist networks. Israel may have stated it will protect itself (and I can't blame them for that), but what country (with the exception of North Korea) has ever SPECIFICALLY stated it's desire to wipe out another country? You guys crack me up, Iran can repeat for decades how Israel needs to be 'removed,' or North Korea can announce it will render South Korea into a 'sea of fire', but when America or one of it's allies speaks up and says the obvious, it's nothing but boos and beerbottles....

To think all this time we could have been taking foreign policy cues from obscure rap albums, what were we thinking?!

rolleye.gif

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Red's got the right idea. Iran's youth is our way to deal with them. Course, showing your support for change in Iran tends to get one beaten, cattle-prodded, abducted, etc. Such a nice government, I can't see why they shouldn't be allowed to join the nuclear club.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

So we should ignore the more moderate groundswell that is sweeping over the Iranian youth and take out the Theran Government by force?If so then you sound like one of those Neo Confused idiots.
Radical Islam needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. By radical, I mean those muslims who murder everyone who does not follow their religious beliefs.
If it can be wiped out by moderate movements within, all the better.
If that fails and they continue training terrorists and providing them with money and weapons to murder innocent civilians, then yes, they should be dealt with by force.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Radical Islam needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. By radical, I mean those muslims who murder everyone who does not follow their religious beliefs.
If that fails and they continue training terrorists and providing them with money and weapons to murder innocent civilians, then yes, they should be dealt with by force.
By force huh? How do we do that, with genocide? Obviously we haven't been able to curtail it much with force. The best we could ever hope to do is to make them toothless and frankly that is a job that would be much to big for America alone. I seriously doubt that without another tragedy like 9/11 that Bush and his Cohorts would be able to convince the American public to undertake such a task..even if they lied and mislead us.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

in other words "we need to kill all of those radical muslim people because I dont agree with their idea of killing everyone they dont agree with", talk about hypocracy

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Czar

in other words "we need to kill all of those radical muslim people because I dont agree with their idea of killing everyone they dont agree with", talk about hypocracy

Not this one again. You are making a ridiculous comparison.

So if a guy is holding a knife saying he is going to kill you and you know he means it because he's already killed several other people, would shooting him be wrong?

Was killing Nazi's to stop them from murdering more jews in concentration camps wrong?

There is a big difference between terrorists wanting to kill me because I don't go to Mosque and me wanting to kill terrorists so they won't have a chance to detonate a nuclear bomb in the middle of Los Angeles.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar

Seriously. Iran is a place that if we play our cards right, we can bring about change without an invasion. You would think we would have learnt something by not supporting the Shiites in Iraq during their uprising in '91 leaving thousands of them to be slaughtered. Where was our benevolence then? If we had helped, even covertly, we may have been able to get rid of Saddam and work to establish democracy without alienating the world and decimating our credibility. There is a strong anti-Ayatollah et al movement in Iran and we need to support it. Where were we during the recent student uprising where pro-democracy people took over the dorms and demanded change only to be beaten down by people friendly to the regime? There was a spark and we had the perfect opportunity to light the fire yet we squandered it. People like Dari cannot conceive that change can be brought about without an all out invasion. If we covertly help the people who dream of democracy in Iran we could bring about change. But doing things covertly doesn't get you votes, so even if it is the right thing to do, don't count on it being done by this administration.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002

By force huh? How do we do that, with genocide? Obviously we haven't been able to curtail it much with force. The best we could ever hope to do is to make them toothless and frankly that is a job that would be much to big for America alone. I seriously doubt that without another tragedy like 9/11 that Bush and his Cohorts would be able to convince the American public to undertake such a task..even if they lied and mislead us.

WTF?
When did I advocate genocide?
Going to war against an evil government is not genocide.
We were the ones who sacrificed our own soldier's lives to avoid firing upon enemies that were protecting themselves with human shields.
You say we haven't been able to curtail it with force?
We haven't been attacked by Al Qaeda since 9/11. I think our elimination of the Taliban and substantial damage to the Al Qaeda organization played a par in that.
I do agree that it would be much harder to sell the people on the idea of invading Iran and I'm not advocating that we do that at this point. We don't have 17 UN resolutions being violated and ignored like we did in Iraq.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

WTF?
When did I advocate genocide?
Going to war against an evil government is not genocide.
We were the ones who sacrificed our own soldier's lives to avoid firing upon enemies that were protecting themselves with human shields.
You say we haven't been able to curtail it with force?
We haven't been attacked by Al Qaeda since 9/11. I think our elimination of the Taliban and substantial damage to the Al Qaeda organization played a par in that.
I do agree that it would be much harder to sell the people on the idea of invading Iran and I'm not advocating that we do that at this point. We don't have 17 UN resolutions being violated and ignored like we did in Iraq.
No you didn't advocare Genocide but you did say wipe out Muslim Radicals and the only way you could even come close to doing that with force is Genocide. You seem to think that to combat Islamic Radicalism you need to take out Soviergn Governments. The problem with your solution is that Islamic Radicalism goes beyong Governments. It is a Religious Doctrine the goes beyond any Government. Bin Laden isn't the head of any Government but probably is the most Dangerous person to Western Civilization.

Unfortunately at this moment the best we can do is to be vigilant and try to keep them on the defensive. I believe that the only real way to defeat them would be to develop an alternative solution to Fossil fuel. Once we do that we dry up their funds plus we no longer would need to be such a presence in their lands. Of course that would also kill a Cash Cow for those who are now running our government.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Where were we during the recent student uprising where pro-democracy people took over the dorms and demanded change only to be beaten down by people friendly to the regime? There was a spark and we had the perfect opportunity to light the fire yet we squandered it.

Then, pray tell, what is it exactly you think we could have done while Iranian students were being clubbed and dragged from their dorm room beds to interrogation chambers? As I recall, there was international condemnation of the reprisals - what were you expecting? B52s dropping pamphlets? A sudden surge in anti-ayatollah radio broadcasts? How exactly could this 'fire' have been lit?
Change from the inside means just that, the people inside wanting change are in charge of deciding and implementing it.