Iran Invading Northern Iraq

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: manowar821
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Oh the hypocrisy is thick with some of you lot isn't it? You totally support the idea of going into Pakistan with or without Mushareef's permission to take out Al Queda "since Pakistan isn't doing anything about it", but if Iran wants to take out a group in Iraq that Iraqis cannot control who are in conflict with Iran, suddenly it's an invasion?

Drop the double speak.

Analogies don't apply to America. We're right. They're wrong. If they want to argue, we can fight over it, and see who's right when their country lies in ruin and a couple oil tankers lay at the bottom of the Gulf.

Ugh, and there are actually people who think this way, too.

Disgusting pigs.

Might makes right. The strong survive. That's the world we live in. Justice, law or peace hold no power without being backed with violence. That's why cops walk around with a belt full of weapons.

Nothing means squat without the force to back it up.

So when you going to sell your level 60 WOW account?

Never played it before.

I prefer Counter-strike, where I can kill terrorists. :p I have a spray of Ahmadinejad that everyone always shoots. :D

I'm just kidding. The only game I've played recently is Sid Meier's Pirates! and it's super fun.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Harvey
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but given the Bushwhackos' consistant history of lies and deception, how do we know it isn't another neocon scam on the American people to set up an excuse for attacking Iran?

And here comes the blame Bush and America crowd...didn't take long did it?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Sinsear
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but given the Bushwhackos' consistant history of lies and deception, how do we know it isn't another neocon scam on the American people to set up an excuse for attacking Iran?

Who elses fault is it? Clinton still?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Sinsear

Who elses fault is it? Clinton still?
I know this is going to sound absolutely CRAZY to you and the rest of the BAF folks, but maybe, just maybe, this is Iran's fault, or the Kurds' fault, or someone else' fault entirely...

what a concept!! :roll:

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Quick somebody call Dan Rather to verify this documents authenticity.

Seriously I didn't know Iran was shelling the Kurds, sounds to me like some return fire should be in order.

You know a little back and forth between friends.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Oh the hypocrisy is thick with some of you lot isn't it? You totally support the idea of going into Pakistan with or without Mushareef's permission to take out Al Queda "since Pakistan isn't doing anything about it", but if Iran wants to take out a group in Iraq that Iraqis cannot control who are in conflict with Iran, suddenly it's an invasion?

Drop the double speak.

Analogies don't apply to America. We're right. They're wrong. If they want to argue, we can fight over it, and see who's right when their country lies in ruin and a couple oil tankers lay at the bottom of the Gulf.

Ugh, and there are actually people who think this way, too.

Disgusting pigs.

Might makes right. The strong survive. That's the world we live in. Justice, law or peace hold no power without being backed with violence. That's why cops walk around with a belt full of weapons.

Nothing means squat without the force to back it up.

lmfao.

aaalllriighty then.

Nebor goes a little far sometimes, but everything that he just said is 100 percent true.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: palehorse74
I know this is going to sound absolutely CRAZY to you and the rest of the BAF folks, but maybe, just maybe, this is Iran's fault, or the Kurds' fault, or someone else' fault entirely...

what a concept!! :roll:

You're right. That entire concept is CRAZY! Just like your Traitor In Chief. So far, he's killed more Americans in Iraq than Al Qaeda did on 9-11 while, at the same time, he's screwed the pooch in Afghanistan.
  • He has failed to catch Bin Laden, and Al Qaeda and the Taliban are growing and threatening to retake the country.
  • Meanwhile, Al Qaeda has spilled over the border into Pakistan where, if they gain any influence, it'll be in a country that already has nukes.
  • Blaming the Kurds only raises the question of what you've been smoking, Rufus. :roll:
Yer doin' a heck of a job, Bushie! :roll:

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
so we can just wait 48 hours and see what happens...

Originally posted by: Genx87
I'd wait and see.

America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

That's probably exactly the way of it.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: Martin

I'd wait and see.

America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

Yes! We must fight them over there so we will not have to fight them hand-to-hand on Main Street as they come for our grandmothers . . .

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo

I'd wait and see.

Yes! We must fight them over there so we will not have to fight them hand-to-hand on Main Street as they come for our grandmothers . . .

Hard to fight an airliner slamming into you, but hey, doing nothing, that works wonders.... :roll:

Chuck

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: compuwiz1

That's probably exactly the way of it.

I heard there is a sale on tinfoil today...

will889

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: chucky2

Hard to fight an airliner slamming into you, but hey, doing nothing, that works wonders.... :roll:

Chuck

That's what Norad is for. They can't possibly get past that. A bevy of F-16's would intercept them long before they went off the FP.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007

I'd wait and see.

Chuck

Hiya, (up) Chuckie. Speaking of doing nothing . . . . Remember this ???

Presidential Daily Briefing
bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US
August 6, 2001

Al-Qa'ida members ? including some who are US citizens ? have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a xxxxxxxxxx service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

Other *retroactive* warnings? How about the July, 2001, Arizona FBI memo that WARNED two people were enrolled at an Arizona flying school with connections to al-Qaeda and that bin Laden was using such schools to train terrorists.

Another warning ??? A memo from Richard Clarke to all pertinent gov't agencies, dated July 5, 2001: 'Something really spectacular is going to happen here,' it read, 'and it's going to happen soon'.

Oh, dang. Then there was the *warning* from the FBI agents in Minneapolis who arrested Zacarias Moussaoui on Aug. 16, 2001. Yet another flight school student known to have connections to al-Qaeda.

Facts got your tongue, Chuckie ?

and btw . . . . . Where's Osama? I heard ol' Dubs say he really wasn't that concerned with him . . . .

Termagant

Mar 10, 2006

I'd wait and see.

Chuck

I forget, how many Iraqis were on the 9/11 aircraft???

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

I'd wait and see.

Chuck

August 6, 2001

Al-Qa'ida members ? including some who are US citizens ? have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a xxxxxxxxxx service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

Other *retroactive* warnings? How about the July, 2001, Arizona FBI memo that WARNED two people were enrolled at an Arizona flying school with connections to al-Qaeda and that bin Laden was using such schools to train terrorists.

Another warning ??? A memo from Richard Clarke to all pertinent gov't agencies, dated July 5, 2001: 'Something really spectacular is going to happen here,' it read, 'and it's going to happen soon'.

Oh, dang. Then there was the *warning* from the FBI agents in Minneapolis who arrested Zacarias Moussaoui on Aug. 16, 2001. Yet another flight school student known to have connections to al-Qaeda.

and btw . . . . . Where's Osama? I heard ol' Dubs say he really wasn't that concerned with him . . . .

So what is your point? You are acting like he said that Bush did everything he could while the Dems did nothing. Everyone pretty much acknowledges that prior to 9/11, no one did much to combat terrorism. Great example of a strawman though...:cookie:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Termagant

I'd wait and see.

Chuck

None, why would you think that there were any? Did someone say that there were Iraqis on any of those aircraft?

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: JD50
So what is your point? You are acting like he said that Bush did everything he could while the Dems did nothing. Everyone pretty much acknowledges that prior to 9/11, no one did much to combat terrorism. Great example of a strawman though...:cookie:

None, why would you think that there were any? Did someone say that there were Iraqis on any of those aircraft?

Speaking of doing nothing, JD, is your brain on summer vacation? C'mon. You can follow along.

1) Bush invaded Iraq (who had nothing to do with 9/11); and
2) I don't know what Chuckie thinks but he implies that fighting in Iraq is somehow retribution for 17 Saudi's participating in the 9/11 attacks.

Do try to keep up, JD.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Speaking of doing nothing, JD, is your brain on summer vacation? C'mon. You can follow along.

1) Bush invaded Iraq (who had nothing to do with 9/11); and
2) I don't know what Chuckie thinks but he implies that fighting in Iraq is somehow retribution for 17 Saudi's participating in the 9/11 attacks.

Do try to keep up, JD.

Still on your strawman I see.

1) We didn't invade Iraq because of 9/11, remember the whole WMD thing?
2) I'll let chucky explain what he was implying, but I doubt its "retribution for 17 Saudi's participating in the 9/11 attacks", if so, thats just silly.

And you still completely ignored what I said.

"You are acting like he said that Bush did everything he could while the Dems did nothing. Everyone pretty much acknowledges that prior to 9/11, no one did much to combat terrorism."

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: will889

Chuck

That's what Norad is for. They can't possibly get past that. A bevy of F-16's would intercept them long before they went off the FP.

I seriously cannot tell if you are joking here or not. If you were, that's funny in a cynical way...

...if you weren't, NORAD is not going to be able to stop someone hijacking a plane say out of Midway or O'Hare in Chiago-land area and flying it into downtown. Nor would they be able to stop a hijacked plane flying into a nuke plant. Or anywhere else. They'd have to have lots of time, and anyone running a suicide op like that in the future isn't going to give us that luxury again. It'll be quick and horrific, not like the last time where it was drawn out and horrific.

Chuck

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

I'd wait and see.

Fuck fighting them hand to hand. Ballistix just came out with a new line of "Anti-arab" ammunition. :D

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999

August 6, 2001

ZOMG!!!!!! I can't BELIEVE it!!! You've just uncovered a document on The Internet that shows a brief to POTUS before 9/11, and the most important thing::: It tells POTUS the intelligence agencies knew exactly when and where the attack would take place, and by what means!!!

This is groundbreaking! Amazing! Shazam! Stupen...what? Huh? Wait, er, what you really just linked to was a report that showed that our amazing intelligence resources of the US told POTUS a massive month before 9/11 that - gasp! - someone here in the states was plotting to do us harm in some manner, maybe with planes, maybe with explosives, but....uh...they didn't know who, didn't know when, didn't really know how????

Okey dokey, nice link, good info, nice.....

Arizona FBI?!?!! Bush worked there??? Cheney??? Rumsfeld??? Powell? I know, Rice...wait, none of them? You mean the FBI dropped the ball and/or didn't have the resources to pursue it? Hmmmm.....

Holy cr@p!!!!! Something......."soon". I never knew that was a secrect code that US intelligence deciphers after getting it, and it tells them, you know, just minorly important information, like, well....the who, the what, the how. I mean, nothing really too important...

Super...so, what did our vaunted FBI do with basically three warnings then? It locked down all airports and ports, put 10 agents on each plane and ship? Inspected each and every cargo container coming into the US? Sealed the borders up tight?

Wait? None of those? And if they'd proposed it with those three pieces of evidence, no one in here would be screaming That's fear mongering! That's a tramping of our rights! The Bushwacko's don't know that they're talking about! Forgive me for being just a little cynical, but I believe had that happened, they'd have been posting that right up and during the first plane flying into the WTC.

Well, most importantly, I have reality. And Yes, with that, I try and stick to the facts. One without the other as in your case isn't really helpful...

I'm sure "ol' Dubs" regrets that statement more than we'll ever know. Latest says he's in NW Pakistan...who knows really. I'd rather have our intelligence sources lie to the public as part of a disinformation campaign so he hopefully gets more lax and we can get a bead on him...it doesn't really matter if I think he's in Pakistan, Afghanistan, SA, wherever....so long as somone finds him and brings him to justice.

Those videos where they fly the jumbo jets into a reventment? Personally I'd like a shot of him sitting in front of one of those, not blindfolded, and then they conduct another test. Internationally televise it. Then show us giving billions of aid to contries followed by the message: We can be your friend or foe, You decide.

I know that's probably too extreme for most on here, but to me it'd be poetic justice.

Chuck

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Termagant

Chuck

0 as far as we know. What does "America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud " or "Yes! We must fight them over there so we will not have to fight them hand-to-hand on Main Street as they come for our grandmothers . . . " have to do with Iran dropping leaflets on Iraq?

Chuck