Iran Intercepts Iraqi Speedboat Loaded With Explosives

BaDaBooM

Golden Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: BaDaBooM
Here is the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82355,00.html

:confused: Kind of out of nowhere, I was hoping to find out more about this because I'm confused as to why Iran would care to stop this boat?

Maybe they really dont like their current neighbor?

Yea, I know.. but I know they also don't like the US. I would think they would just sit and see what happens, but they actually helped us.... weird.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: charrison
Here is the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82355,00.html

:confused: Kind of out of nowhere, I was hoping to find out more about this because I'm confused as to why Iran would care to stop this boat?

Maybe they really dont like their current neighbor?

Yea, I know.. but I know they also don't like the US. I would think they would just sit and see what happens, but they actually helped us.... weird.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
They don't like us, but they hate Iraq a lot more. They were at war with them for several years, and almost a million people died in that war. Iraq even used chemical weapons on them (mustard gas).

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Marshallj
They don't like us, but they hate Iraq a lot more. They were at war with them for several years, and almost a million people died in that war. Iraq even used chemical weapons on them (mustard gas).

And Iran used chemical weapons on Iraq. But you weren't going to mention that, were you? Or maybe you're so naive to actually believe Iraq is the only nation in history that has ever used chemical weapons.

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
The horrors of gas warfare had never been seen on a battlefield until 1915. The Germans have been credited with the first use, but the French and English were not far behind. Gas was a nuisance, a crippling nuisance, often only wounding and causing widespread panic instead of outright killing. Add a gas mask to the already surreal atmosphere of an offensive's rolling bombardments and heavy machine gun fire, and what you got must have been close to hell.

Link

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Morph

And Iran used chemical weapons on Iraq. But you weren't going to mention that, were you? Or maybe you're so naive to actually believe Iraq is the only nation in history that has ever used chemical weapons.

I've never read any accounts that Iran using chemical weapons during that war. You have links? I know the Iraqi's launched chemical weapons in unfavorable wind conditions, and the chemicals blew back on them. What idiots

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: rickn
Originally posted by: Morph

I've never read any accounts that Iran using chemical weapons during that war. You have links? I know the Iraqi's launched chemical weapons in unfavorable wind conditions, and the chemicals blew back on them. What idiots

Iran has the capability to use chemical weapons, but no reports i ever read mentioned them using it in the Iran-Iraq war.

here is the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute report on the CWs used in that war