Iran 'frightens me,' says Canadian Prime Minister

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/iran-frightens-harper-says-021531627.html

and so the pussification of Canada begins. what an embarrassment to the great country of Canada.

“I think there is absolutely no doubt they are lying. Absolutely no doubt,” Harper said of Iran's claims its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
Iran 'most significant' threat to world: Harper

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Iran+most+significant+threat+world+Harper/5551346/story.html

This man has the interest of another country in mind, not that of his own. I will let you figure out who is Canada's new best friend.

Last edited:

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
You think Canada is safe from Jihadist Muslims? Last I checked they are part of the "evil west". Heck, last time I went to Canada it was on accident, you can't tell these two countries apart.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
You know how I know the world is safe as hell for the West? Because our greatest threat right now is a tiny nation half way around the world without much money that has no real navy or air force or nuclear weapons and surrounded by US air bases. That is what keeps us up at night.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
You know how I know the world is safe as hell for the West? Because our greatest threat right now is a tiny nation half way around the world without much money that has no real navy or air force or nuclear weapons and surrounded by US air bases. That is what keeps us up at night.

I'm pretty sure the West fears Iran more as a destabilizing factor. The world economy is precarious as it is. The greatest threat to stability in the West is economic turmoil.

IonusX

Dec 25, 2011
I'm pretty sure the West fears Iran more as a destabilizing factor. The world economy is precarious as it is. The greatest threat to stability in the West is economic turmoil.
and why would iran destabilize the world economy when it rely's on the rest of the world for 20% refined uranium

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Harper, again, is parroting Israeli propaganda. Helping to beat the war drums and Israeli policy of diversion from their illegal annexation of Palestinian territory. This is the same man who advocated tagging along with the USA for its falsified war of pre-emption upon Iraq.

His government is a practising embarrassment to the majority of Canadians and is certainly not entertaining our classical more moderate positions in international affairs nor keeping open any chance of Foreign Affairs operating as an honest broker.

A prime image to support this condemnation was of Minister of Foreign Affairs, John Baird, standing up in the House of Commons to speak of Palestinian statehood while wearing a Canadian/Israeli flagged lapel pin:

6yw77.jpg

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Yeah I'm not a fan of Harper either. They're doing a decent job on managing the budget, not that I give them much credit for putting us in a good situation, just they haven't done anything too drastic to completely mess things up yet.

That being said, they did turn a surplus into a deficit, have cut corporate taxes too much, and are blowing all sorts of money on military stuff and prisons.

And then there is this active, ideologically-based support for Israel.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Amazing, isn't it?

Demonizing of foreign "enemies' must be maintained as a distraction from domestic policy, however. The greatest threat to the well being of the middle class doesn't come from without, but rather from within, from the top down class warfare waged over the last 30 years.

Infohawk said:

So why would we want to create instability by trying to convince the ROTW to boycott their oil?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

The thing is, we're way, way past the 'safe' stuff and into the 'empire' stuff. There are whole massive industries who will never rest even if the world is a Pax Americana.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Sad: the best thing Obama could do for his re-election might well be war with Iran.

What a terrible incentive for our Presidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.