Iran displays Holocaust cartoons

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Iran are morons for putting up these provacative cartoons, I don't understand the rationalization behind it. It wasn't Israel or the Jews that put up those Mohammed cartoons so why are these asshats making light of the holocaust? Dahunan, halik isn't representative of Muslims or anyone else, he has his own opinion. I know quite a few Muslims that find what Iran is doing repugnant and shameful. Even though I'm critical of Israel quite often I think this is going too far and its obvious to me that the Iranian regime is living in their own little fantasy much like Sadaam did before reality caught up with him in a hole in Iraq.

And I agree with you, all forms of organized religion are a bane on this earth and I hope one day people evolve enough to realize that all these religions are nothing more than fairytales and shouldn't be taken any more seriously than a fictional book. There's nuts on both sides though, I'm friends with a reasonably intelligent guy that's Christian and he's always telling me about how everything in the world is happening according to the bible and some garbage about how there's some hidden equations in the bible that account for everything occuring in the world; he's also told me that he believes Christians will ascend to heaven (I think he called it rapture or whatever) and leave everyone behind within the next 100 years. :roll:

Extelleron

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2005
Yet another reason for an Invasion of Iran. Islamic facism must be stopped regardless, but the possibility of Islamic facism armed with nuclear weapons is a possibility that must not be realized.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: halik
<- looks around

*cricket*cricket*

On a side note, I don't see what's wrong with it. Desegrating someone's religion is on par with desegrating genocide. Neither one is tactful, but both are part of free speech.

*cricket*cricket* IS the Jewish people NOT ACTING LIKE THE NUTJOB MANIACS IN ARAB COUNTRIES when a tiny cartoon was produced of someone in their religion

BTW, there is a HUGE Difference - Religon is only important if one believes it is.. Hitler MURDERED 6 MILLION HUMAN BEINGS.. uh.. slight diff

allegedly?

There's absolutely no difference between desegrating one's religion and desegrating the legacy of holocaust. In either case the damage is psychological....people get pissed, that's all:
Holocaust survivors get upset because they know they're right, muslims get upset because they know they're right in their faith.

Allegedly.... you are one of those fruits huh? You and Gibson's Dad been haning out?

This is why religion SUCKS and is filled with fruitcakes..

Equating cartoons of a BELIEF System as being equally disgusting as cartoons of one of the most disgusting moments in human history

People burned to death in gas ovens
Medical experiements on live people with no pain killers and tested to see how much pain the human system could take until it died
people starved to death and forced to work hard labor until they just killed over and died

You are a sad representative of your so called religion.

Too Bad it wasn't 6 million Muslims who were "allegedly" murdered in the most horrible ways. RIGHT.. ???? Right?? then the world could make cartoons about it...

I intentionally said "allegedly" to get a response out of you.The fact that you get riled up over it puts you in the same camp as those people screaming about violence due to the cartoons. Both of you fools are so bound into emotional responses to such stimuli that you simply cannot rationally process them. When nutty muslims see the prohpet drawn, they go nuts. When someone inferes that holocaust didn't happen, you go nuts....

I've been to Osventsim and made up my own mind long time ago... but i still don't go thru emotional outbursts when I hear about denying holocaust.

nice try ;)

You love your religion that hates Israel more than you would be willing to admit that the holocaust happened.

I say you are lying about your "allegedly" being some kind of setup.. those are your true thoughts.

It was a good attempt to save you face, but in all honesty i did make the argument just to prove my point.. That being said, though, I don't have any emotionall connnection between holocaust and anyhing else (unlike you... i would bet money that you're jewish) and this allows me to make these arguments in the first place.

edit:

on a complerly unrelated sidenote, i find it extremly peculiar that everyone assumed I was a muslim of some sort just because I put fort an argument that parallels belittling of a religion to belitelling of a genocite. That's an interesting bias you guys carry...

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It was a good attempt to save you face, but in all honesty i did make the argument just to prove my point. I was born and raised in the czech republic, which is conincedentally how i found about the nazi atrocities. That being said, though, I don't have any emotionall connnection between holocaust and anyhing else (unlike you... i would bet money that you're jewish) and this allows me to make these arguments in the first place.

Or he could be human, upset over the mockery of the extermination of other human beings. Perhaps onset moreover by the goals of Radical Islam, of killing us all while they develop the nuclear means to do it.

While the west mocked religion, the Middle East is mocking a massacre which is an ominous sign of things to come.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hah, what a bunch of hypocrits.

Don't draw mohammed because it makes us mad. But it's OK for us to attempt to offend you as much as we can.

That being said, they should have every right to draw whatever the hell they want, but they shouldn't be hypocritical about it.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
It was a good attempt to save you face, but in all honesty i did make the argument just to prove my point. I was born and raised in the czech republic, which is conincedentally how i found about the nazi atrocities. That being said, though, I don't have any emotionall connnection between holocaust and anyhing else (unlike you... i would bet money that you're jewish) and this allows me to make these arguments in the first place.

Or he could be human, upset over the mockery of the extermination of other human beings. Perhaps onset moreover by the goals of Radical Islam, of killing us all while they develop the nuclear means to do it.

While the west mocked religion, the Middle East is mocking a massacre which is an ominous sign of things to come.

Bingo! -- Thank you.

Scotch
Dutch
German
Irish

^^ME

I just wonder if Muslims would think it was so funny if it happened to them.. I am beginning to dislike all religions anyways.. Good luck going to heaven with such retarded attitudes :laugh:

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
1. They're cartoons--art.
2. That I can't find more than three of them, all pictures that have people in them looking at one of the cartoons, just goes to show how backward Iran is. All it takes is one Iranian with a digital camera, or one Iranian in the state/newspaper w/ a freaking $30 scanner, to bring the entire set of them to the world; easily Googlable.
3. http://www.boomka.org/ Yo, look, they can do it w/o rioting, and even offend w/ a sense of humor!

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
I think the true test is for Iran to send them to the same people that published the mohamed cartoons and see if they publish these.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Honestly, this is one of the stupidest things Iran has done lately. Yes, yes, we all get it -- you hate Israel.

sponge008

Jan 28, 2005
I'm really amazed at the utter bias of this thread. A person's reactions to events really all depend on how they were raised, and insulting Islam to the average Arab is very equivalent to poking fun at human deaths in the West. The same way that human life is valued in Western culture, Islam is valued in (Muslim) Middle Eastern culture. It's priceless to see all of the very PC people being so hypocritical.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn
Hah, what a bunch of hypocrits.

Don't draw mohammed because it makes us mad. But it's OK for us to attempt to offend you as much as we can.

That being said, they should have every right to draw whatever the hell they want, but they shouldn't be hypocritical about it.
Yep! And once nobody threatens to kill them for thier display of Holocaust cartoons, it'll be high time to send them a roll of toilet paper with reprints of the cartoons that drove them ballistic in the first place to see if they can keep their "sense of humor" or whatever else they think the civilized world showed them by not killing them for their little dog and pony show.