Iran displays Holocaust cartoons

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Iran displays Holocaust cartoons

The drawings were chosen from entries in a competition
More than 200 Holocaust cartoons from around the world are on display at a museum in the Iranian capital, Tehran.

Organisers of the exhibition say they are testing the West's commitment to freedom of speech.

A competition to choose the drawings was announced in February, in response to caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad published by European newspapers.

Israel's Holocaust authority, Yad Vashem, criticised the exhibition, calling it a "flashing red light".

The drawings were chosen from nearly 1,200 entries received from various countries including the United States, Indonesia and Turkey.

One of the cartoons shows the Statue of Liberty holding a book on the Holocaust in one hand and giving a Nazi salute with the other.

Cartoon controversy

The Iran Cartoon Organisation and Hamshahri newspaper are putting on the exhibition.

Organiser Masoud Shojai said: "You see they allow the Prophet to be insulted. But when we talk about the Holocaust, they consider it so holy that they punish people for questioning it."

The publication of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad sparked protests around the world earlier this year.

One showed Muhammad, whose image is banned in Islam, as a terrorist bomber.

Yad Vashem said the display in "Iran, a nation that aspires to nuclear capabilities, and whose president has made genocidal statements against Israel, is a flashing red light signalling danger not only to Israel, but to all enlightened nations".

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prompted international criticism last year by saying the Holocaust was a "myth" and that Israel should be "wiped off the map".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4795709.stm

Muslims display cartoons of the Holocaust. Confused when Jews don't riot in the streets. :confused:

edit: I searched "Iran" and "Holocaust", and didn't see this posted. If it's a repost - sue me.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000
Why can't Jews burn down buildings and threatened the West with beheading like all the peace loving Muslims did? What's wrong with them?!@! :D

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
link to the cartoons? i'd like to see what sick people can come up with for something like the holocaust.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
And the rest of the world says big frigging deal. The sad part is that the lack of reaction from the West will not be recognized.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
They will probably send a suicide bomber into a mosque and stuff some Israeli flags in his pockets.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Organiser Masoud Shojai said: "You see they allow the Prophet to be insulted. But when we talk about the Holocaust, they consider it so holy that they punish people for questioning it."

WTF does that mean? who got punished?

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Citrix

Germany has laws against denying the Holocaust. I forget his name, but they went after some author for doing just that.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Strk
Originally posted by: Citrix

Germany has laws against denying the Holocaust. I forget his name, but they went after some author for doing just that.

Germany should put any of their citizens who deny the Holocaust into a oven and turn the temp up just to the point that they beg to be released

Do you as an American deny that slavery was real

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: dahunan
Germany should put any of their citizens who deny the Holocaust into a oven and turn the temp up just to the point that they beg to be released

you could just say "bump" or "ttt" rather than making such an off base reply.

i don't see anyone in this thread denying the holocaust.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: rise

you could just say "bump" or "ttt" rather than making such an off base reply.

i don't see anyone in this thread denying the holocaust.

My post was intended for the quote inside the quote from strk -- the quote from the ignorant and racist muslim

^^^Let him compare some stupid fvcking cartoon of some religious figure to the murder and extermination of 6 million people???

I am tired of stupid racist muslims and their death threats due to cartoons

Oct 30, 2004

What they don't realize is how silly they'll look when Jews fail to riot and kill people and burn down embassies. Do they expect Jewish suicide bombers to protest by blowing up buses in Tehran?

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
I hate the Iranian government, they're deliberately picking a fight. That can be a dangerous thing when the current American administration is known for being Hawkish...

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ntdz
I hate the Iranian government, they're deliberately picking a fight. That can be a dangerous thing when the current American administration is known for being Hawkish...

As long as they have oil and we are tied up in Iraq they can talk as tough as they want. Sad times.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
<- looks around

*cricket*cricket*

On a side note, I don't see what's wrong with it. Desegrating someone's religion is on par with desegrating genocide. Neither one is tactful, but both are part of free speech.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: halik
<- looks around

*cricket*cricket*

On a side note, I don't see what's wrong with it. Desegrating someone's religion is on par with desegrating genocide. Neither one is tactful, but both are part of free speech.

*cricket*cricket* IS the Jewish people NOT ACTING LIKE THE NUTJOB MANIACS IN ARAB COUNTRIES when a tiny cartoon was produced of someone in their religion

BTW, there is a HUGE Difference - Religon is only important if one believes it is.. Hitler MURDERED 6 MILLION HUMAN BEINGS.. uh.. slight diff

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
<- looks around

*cricket*cricket*

*cricket*cricket* IS the Jewish people NOT ACTING LIKE THE NUTJOB MANIACS IN ARAB COUNTRIES when a tiny cartoon was produced of someone in their religion

BTW, there is a HUGE Difference - Religon is only important if one believes it is.. Hitler MURDERED 6 MILLION HUMAN BEINGS.. uh.. slight diff

allegedly?

There's absolutely no difference between desegrating one's religion and desegrating the legacy of holocaust. In either case the damage is psychological....people get pissed, that's all:
Holocaust survivors get upset because they know they're right, muslims get upset because they know they're right in their faith.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
<- looks around

*cricket*cricket*

allegedly?

There's absolutely no difference between desegrating one's religion and desegrating the legacy of holocaust. In either case the damage is psychological....people get pissed, that's all:
Holocaust survivors get upset because they know they're right, muslims get upset because they know they're right in their faith.

Allegedly.... you are one of those fruits huh? You and Gibson's Dad been haning out?

This is why religion SUCKS and is filled with fruitcakes..

Equating cartoons of a BELIEF System as being equally disgusting as cartoons of one of the most disgusting moments in human history

People burned to death in gas ovens
Medical experiements on live people with no pain killers and tested to see how much pain the human system could take until it died
people starved to death and forced to work hard labor until they just killed over and died

You are a sad representative of your so called religion.

Too Bad it wasn't 6 million Muslims who were "allegedly" murdered in the most horrible ways. RIGHT.. ???? Right?? then the world could make cartoons about it...

VooDooAddict

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
I fear that even though there will obviously be no big response from western nations... they will create false popaganda to suggest otherwise.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
<- looks around

*cricket*cricket*

allegedly?

Allegedly.... you are one of those fruits huh? You and Gibson's Dad been haning out?

Equating cartoons of a BELIEF System as being equally disgusting as cartoons of one of the most disgusting moments in human history

Medical experiements on live people with no pain killers and tested to see how much pain the human system could take until it died
people starved to death and forced to work hard labor until they just killed over and died

Too Bad it wasn't 6 million Muslims who were "allegedly" murdered in the most horrible ways. RIGHT.. ???? Right?? then the world could make cartoons about it...

I intentionally said "allegedly" to get a response out of you.The fact that you get riled up over it puts you in the same camp as those people screaming about violence due to the cartoons. Both of you fools are so bound into emotional responses to such stimuli that you simply cannot rationally process them. When nutty muslims see the prohpet drawn, they go nuts. When someone inferes that holocaust didn't happen, you go nuts....

I've been to Osventsim and made up my own mind long time ago... but i still don't go thru emotional outbursts when I hear about denying holocaust.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
<- looks around

*cricket*cricket*

allegedly?

I intentionally said "allegedly" to get a response out of you.The fact that you get riled up over it puts you in the same camp as those people screaming about violence due to the cartoons. Both of you fools are so bound into emotional responses to such stimuli that you simply cannot rationally process them. When nutty muslims see the prohpet drawn, they go nuts. When someone inferes that holocaust didn't happen, you go nuts....

I've been to Osventsim and made up my own mind long time ago... but i still don't go thru emotional outbursts when I hear about denying holocaust.

nice try ;)

You love your religion that hates Israel more than you would be willing to admit that the holocaust happened.

I say you are lying about your "allegedly" being some kind of setup.. those are your true thoughts.