Iran and Turkey join forces to attack in Iraq.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...i_ea/turkey_iran_kurds

Report: Iran, Turkey coordinate Iraq strikes Thu Jun 5, 5:28 AM ET

A Turkish TV station is quoting a senior military commander as saying that Turkey and Iran have carried out coordinated strikes against Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq.

CNN-Turk television reports that Gen. Ilker Basbug has confirmed for the first time that the two countries share intelligence against the rebels.

He said the two countries plan to launch more coordinated operations against the rebel group in the future.

The Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, has been fighting for self-rule in southeastern Turkey since 1984 from bases in northern Iraq.

The Iranian army frequently shells villages in the mountains of northern Iraq, where it alleges that rebels from PEJAK, or the Party for Free Life in Kurdistan, are based.

Wow! Bush really is a UNITER. He got Iran and Turkey together!
More mess in Iraq. I guess the b.s. from the Neo-Con/Republicans that everything is going great and their plan to make the Middle East into Indiana is on track is ludicrous.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: techs
Wow! Bush really is a UNITER. He got Iran and Turkey together!
More mess in Iraq. I guess the b.s. from the Neo-Con/Republicans that everything is going great and their plan to make the Middle East into Indiana is on track is ludicrous.
Uh huh. This whole Kurd mess is Bush's doing. Iran and Turkey never had any issues with them before George of the Bungle came along.

You know. There's still plenty to beef about in Iraq without having to come up with lame OPs like this the one you have here, techs. Or is it that there's not all that much to beef about anymore, which is why you feel the need to spin things?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
:laugh: @ Red

For someone who claims to not like Bush, TLC certainly does a lot of apologizing for him.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre

For someone who claims to not like Bush, TLC certainly does a lot of apologizing for him.
I don't particularly care for Red Dawn either but I defended him a while back in the Personal Forum Issues forum. Does that make me an apologist for RD as well?

You folks have a serious disconnect between apologism and being fair. Seriously. Show some fucking honesty around here, for once in your lives.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken

I don't particularly care for Red Dawn either but I defended him a while back in the Personal Forum Issues forum. Does that make me an apologist for RD as well?

You folks have a serious disconnect between apologism and being fair. Seriously. Show some fucking honesty around here, for once in your lives.

Why don't you stop menstruating for a change and show some analytical skills rather than providing another shrill defense psychotic defense of your dreamy commander in chief? If you can't logically follow from the weakened iraq nation to the strengthened kurdish portion creating problems with Turkey, you are an idiot, especially considering THIS WAS PREDICTED YEARS AGO TO BE A NATURAL CONSEQUENCE OF THE IRAQ WAR.

You are an apologist, and a rather bad one.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I find your notions of honesty often to be as distorting as the points you try to rectify. For example, when you encourage people to be fucking honest, they may focus more on that fucking part than the honest part and react to that. A soft answer turns away wrath, they say and a bull in a China shop isn't good for delicate plates. You Sir, might consider some fucking diplomacy. ;)

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
TastesLikeChicken

Uh huh. This whole Kurd mess is Bush's doing. Iran and Turkey never had any issues with them before George of the Bungle came along.

What an idiotic thing to say!

It seems that you know nothing of the history of the Kurds and their fight for a "Kurdistan".

It is true that the invasion of Iraq has changed the dimensions of the issues, but to say that they never existed before is ludicrous.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Stoneburner

Why don't you stop menstruating for a change and show some analytical skills rather than providing another shrill defense psychotic defense of your dreamy commander in chief? If you can't logically follow from the weakened iraq nation to the strengthened kurdish portion creating problems with Turkey, you are an idiot, especially considering THIS WAS PREDICTED YEARS AGO TO BE A NATURAL CONSEQUENCE OF THE IRAQ WAR.

He's as much as an apologist as you and the rest of the self righteous assholes in here are Obama cock suckers.

You people use any attempt you can to bash Bush and say he's the cause of all the problems. Yet you failed to read "The Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, has been fighting for self-rule in southeastern Turkey since 1984 from bases in northern Iraq. "

So it must have been Bush Sr. while he was Vice president under Reagan, therefore Bush Jr. is at fault so we will use our elite internet savvy to say it's Bush's fault.

GO OBAMA!!!! CHANGE. :disgust:

I don't want Obama in the White House, but if he does, I'd like to see what everyone says in 4 years when he screws this country worse than Bush did. Remember, Bush had a stellar approval rating when he took office.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

He's as much as an apologist as you and the rest of the self righteous assholes in here are Obama cock suckers.

You people use any attempt you can to bash Bush and say he's the cause of all the problems. Yet you failed to read "The Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, has been fighting for self-rule in southeastern Turkey since 1984 from bases in northern Iraq. "

So it must have been Bush Sr. while he was Vice president under Reagan, therefore Bush Jr. is at fault so we will use our elite internet savvy to say it's Bush's fault.
This is about Turkey and Iran conducting joint military strikes against them. We made the situation so unstable in Iraq that our Ally needs help from our avowed enemy to combat these terrorists.

GO OBAMA!!!! CHANGE. :disgust:

I don't want Obama in the White House, but if he does, I'd like to see what everyone says in 4 years when he screws this country worse than Bush did. Remember, Bush had a stellar approval rating when he took office.
Yet you have no disgust for the mess your boy has made out of the situation there in Iraq and the rest of the Middle East not to mention the damage he's done to our country.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

So, you can't read, you know nothing about history, and you can't read. :)

The reason why you are so stupid, and bush is so stupid is the following: Everybody has known of the kurdish problem. It was bad enough when the no flyzone in iraq effectively made the Kurds independent.

BUT... and pay attention closely here because you are slow... it was argued strenuously before the iraq war that to attack iraq would cause Turkey greater concern over the kurds SINCE the kurds would grow more powerful. IT WAS PREDICTED that as they moved for strict independence, Turkey would be forced to move militarily.

NOW, since this was KNOWN, and it was KNOWN PRECISELY BECAUSE OF the information you stated, this makes Bush ungodly stupid. As for a self felating lackey like yourself, it speaks volumes.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
TastesLikeChicken

It seems that you know nothing of the history of the Kurds and their fight for a "Kurdistan".

It is true that the invasion of Iraq has changed the dimensions of the issues, but to say that they never existed before is ludicrous.

i think the batteries in your sarcasm meter need to be replaced...

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse
TastesLikeChicken

Well, when Bush invaded it became our problem.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
TastesLikeChicken

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To palehorse who has somehow thankfully lost his 74 suffix, I really think you need a brain plant, truth be told, you may think the same of me, but I am not the one with the track record of stinking thinking failure. You seem to hide behind mere sarcasm, while being in denial of reality. Which is more important?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: JS80
Obama will unite the Kurds, Iranians and Turks through conversation.

No, I'm sure he'll leave and make it THEIR problem and not ours. When the fuck did I sign up to be the world's policeman?

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Dari
TastesLikeChicken

You are ceding ground needlessly here. Exacerbation of the kurdish problem was a distinct ground for criticism of the war. It was expressly stated by several people that invading Iraq would lead to the kurds declaring effective independence which in turn would cause Turkey to raise the spectre of military intervention. This was predicted, it has been happening, bush is a worthless twat. Simple as that.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

No, I'm sure he'll leave and make it THEIR problem and not ours. When the fuck did I sign up to be the world's policeman?

When you decided to become the #1 economy in the world and you do world trade?

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
TastesLikeChicken

You are ceding ground needlessly here. Exacerbation of the kurdish problem was a distinct ground for criticism of the war. It was expressly stated by several people that invading Iraq would lead to the kurds declaring effective independence which in turn would cause Turkey to raise the spectre of military intervention. This was predicted, it has been happening, bush is a worthless twat. Simple as that.

Yes, but the people who said that were unpatriotic appeasers, who didn´t even wear flag pins on their lapel...

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

When you decided to become the #1 economy in the world and you do world trade?

Ummm, no. In the 19th century when there multiple powers vying for the #1 slot in economic power, you could make the argument that there was a strong correlation with military power. Today, there is no such relationship. Just look at the economic powers behind us.