IQ Test... need help on one problem

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Its C, and I guess the real IQ test is to see if you can figure out that you can just go back through it and answer that one question until you figure it out

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Heh.. I just read the title of this thread, and started laughing uncontrollably for some reason...

(well, actually, I sort of chuckled and smiled wanly, but, well, what can you do...?)

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
That IQ test isn't held in High regard. If you want to really test your IQ, go here and take a more authentic IQ test.

woodly6

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
bccfalseabedcccbecdbcabb

BTW: I went to the mensa site and took their "workout", thats a cheap way to get a headache at 3:30 in the morning. sheesh!

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I got 8. :(

Yikes, 8 out of 20.. terrible. And that's supposed to be the top of the "A Plus" category?? Right... as if I'm an A plus student :p

-RSI <-- pitiful

Novgrod

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2001
I was almost ready to feel good about myself and believe what they were saying until . . .

I realized it was a vocabulary test

and I realized that the score at the end was a bunch of BS: 1-4 is "honor role"

Sir Fredrick

Oct 14, 1999

<< I was almost ready to feel good about myself and believe what they were saying until . . .

I realized it was a vocabulary test

and I realized that the score at the end was a bunch of BS: 1-4 is "honor role"
>>

Yeah, vocab and trivia do not indicate IQ.

signalman

Oct 9, 1999

<< xirtam, eh? Your username is 'matrix' spelled in reverse. Similarly, this puzzle must be approached in a backasswards way in order to solve it. ;)

Here is the wording of the problem:

Below are four triangles that have letters arranged in a certain order to spell out a sentence related to that order. Determine the pattern and fill in the last letter.

The sentence, as Turin39789 noted, is GO BACK TO THE START. The answer is the letter T, which is item c.

You begin with the last triangle (the one in the lower right) with GOBA, then proceeding to CKTO, THES, finally TAR?)

The pattern for each triangle is:

1 - letter at apex
2 - letter within triangle
3 - letter at left base
4 - letter at right base
>>

Good god in heaven, Osma, how did you do that & still stay in the 15 min limit for the test?

Argh, I feel like a big dummy. :eek: But of course the test still says I am Mensa material.

Maybe part of the intelligence test is to know that it's all B-S! :D

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< Heh.. I just read the title of this thread, and started laughing uncontrollably for some reason...
(well, actually, I sort of chuckled and smiled wanly, but, well, what can you do...?)
>>

:)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< xirtam, eh? Your username is 'matrix' spelled in reverse. Similarly, this puzzle must be approached in a backasswards way in order to solve it. ;)
Here is the wording of the problem:
Below are four triangles that have letters arranged in a certain order to spell out a sentence related to that order. Determine the pattern and fill in the last letter.
The sentence, as Turin39789 noted, is GO BACK TO THE START. The answer is the letter T, which is item c.
You begin with the last triangle (the one in the lower right) with GOBA, then proceeding to CKTO, THES, finally TAR?)
The pattern for each triangle is:
1 - letter at apex
2 - letter within triangle
3 - letter at left base
4 - letter at right base
>>

Holy crap...