Ipod Problems

DaVortex

Mar 9, 2004
I'm trying to add songs to my Ipod via Itunes and when I drag a song it doesnt add it. On the bottom of Itunes where it shows Harddrive Used/Free their shows a black "lock" box, thats probably why I can't add any Mp3's but not sure how to unlock or how it got locked in the first place

DaVortex

Mar 9, 2004
I understand its the wrong forum I posted here because its 230AM and has the most users online so im hoping for a faster response time

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Originally posted by: DaVortex
I understand its the wrong forum I posted here because its 230AM and has the most users online so im hoping for a faster response time

No cutting in line, read the manual, look up Google, it's not that hard. You didn't even tell us what kind of iPod/version of firmware, and version of iTunes.

DaVortex

Mar 9, 2004
Latest version of firmware & Itunes. I looked on google couldnt find anything. Help would be much appreciated.

Walzber813

Apr 25, 2006
you could try formatting the iPod, thats what I had to do in order to get mine to work in conjuction with iTunes after it stopped working.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: DaVortex
I'm trying to add songs to my Ipod via Itunes and when I drag a song it doesnt add it. On the bottom of Itunes where it shows Harddrive Used/Free their shows a black "lock" box, thats probably why I can't add any Mp3's but not sure how to unlock or how it got locked in the first place

Is the little switch on the top in the Locked position?

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
I had a problem similar to that, but it was only for one album. I believe the problem occured when I put that album into WMP to get the album art for it (this was before iTunes had the built-in feature). I think WMP did something to the files that didn't allow me to add them to iTunes.

I resolved the problem by replacing that album with the copy I'd put on my brother's computer (we don't share music across the network, instead we just copy the albums across machines after we rip them). Re-ripping the CD probably would've resolved the issue as well, but that would have taken longer.