Ipod Advice

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
I'm thinking about getting my dad an Ipod for father's day. Something like a 30g or 60g version, maybe with video (do they even make non video versions?). Thing is, he doesnt know how to use a computer. I figure i can teach him how to use an ipod but im wondering if there are other more user friendly (or cheaper) devices out there.

I'll manually load all his songs onto the thing before i give it to him but i want something that's pretty much dummy proof. (While he probably knows how to use a CD player, he doesn't own one) And from what i hear, the ipod has the best UI.

I personally use my pda phone for music so i dont own one. Comments/Recommendations?

HermDogg

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2004
As far as user-friendly devices go, they're all pretty much the same. One button for play, different ways to navigate around, etc. iPod + iTunes is probably the easiest as far as transferring music goes, but even then prepare to be deluged with phone calls.

HermDogg

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2004
For the most part. Any UI on any portable player is going to require some getting used to, regardless of how well it was designed. Also, it makes you look cooler. But beyond that, especially if you're going to be pre-loading the music (and we're assuming he's not going to be buying songs online). If you're looking to give him the most music I'd go for something with a subscription service but it sounds like it wouldn't be necessary in this case.